AnsweredHot!Weather thread

Page: << < ..7172737475.. > >> Showing page 73 of 199
Author
dimebrite2
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1625
  • Reward points: 0
Re:Weather thread 2014/12/03 19:26:32 (permalink)
We had rain sleet snow and groppel!!! Wind is howling!!!
Lucky13
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1949
Re:Weather thread 2014/12/04 07:56:47 (permalink)
You have a 1400+ release now with 1/4" to 1/2 " of rain in the forecast for Saturday.  Looks like it may have been a little too much rain dancing.  But the other ditches could be prime.

My rod may come out of mothballs on Saturday for the day they are talking 42° around here, and the genny is at good flow and clarity.  I was going to take the ride up north, but I don't do 2000 ( don't even care for 1400!).

L13  
dimebrite2
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2014/12/04 08:34:55 (permalink)
I love it lucky... Just hope I get a chance to get out this afternoon... Even if its the last half hour... And hopefully no ones in my spot if I do... This weekends a bust for me anyways... But besides that... My favorite high water spot fishes well even over 2000... Problem is these days its near impossible to get to once flows get up there
r3g3
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3067
Re:Weather thread 2014/12/04 19:42:18 (permalink)
180 lb 4 1/2 year old 9 pt just before noon today- came right in to a doe in heat can call. 1/2 hour hunt -had just got there and used the call after  bout 15 min.- no dragging- dropped right along side the tote road with a neck shot - drove right in to him .
 One of those rare days afield to be long remembered as everything just went perfect.
Likely eat like old shoe leather.

Why the weather thread ???-
today was a nice day----
post edited by r3g3 - 2014/12/04 22:04:51
Lucky13
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2014/12/05 01:23:48 (permalink)
Congrats on the brownhead!

L13
fichy
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1896
Re:Weather thread 2014/12/05 05:13:24 (permalink)
Congrats on the nice day with 9 points.  Weather was perfect.
dimebrite2
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2014/12/05 06:50:45 (permalink)
Great job trev! I did make it out In the later pm. Everything looked perfect water wise but no nibbles in an hours effort... Didn't get above freezing and wind was pretty steady. I am truly disgusted at the garbage along the banks though... Someone had brought a garbage bag at some point but left it there... Sickening is the word. For all of the bank walked you'd probably need about 15 bags to get the job done and that's not even uncovering ThE leaves. If I get a longer window of time before the snow comes I'll try to do some duties towards cleaning bit honestly.. If you bring it in why can't you bring it out???
hot tuna
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 6388
Re:Weather thread 2014/12/05 12:24:46 (permalink)
Pretty sweet Trev !!! I'm a meat hunter myself and will be starving this winter.. Lol. I did spend a considerable amount of time in the woods but the animals were much smarter then me..
As for eating that monster , never heard of tough ground meat. We grind almost all of our meat.
Again congrats !!!

Weather wise, it was a cold start @18 degs this morning and the ground here on job site is still pretty firm ( on top ).
News some local higher up stuff is locked up . Ton of work detail for me this weekend . Maybe sneak in a day next weekend but my target date for some serious toothy critters is 12/20

"whats that smell like fish oh baby" .. J. Kaukonen
troutbum21
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1301
Re:Weather thread 2014/12/05 14:15:15 (permalink)
Nice job Trev.  How about some pictures?
r3g3
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2014/12/05 14:21:31 (permalink)
Unfortunately I am technologicaly challenged (cant even spell it right) Have never sent a photo and don't even know how to do it on my phone- yea- real caveman.
Have always kinda wished I could send some Sr photos or animals.
Could never even figure out how to insert one into my E Mail.
Guess this kind of ability skips generations lol- My oldest is an accomplished tech manager.
hot tuna
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2014/12/05 20:10:54 (permalink)
Trev, it's a challenge for sure to figure some of the crazy technical stuff thrown at us.. I hear you in many ways..
 The mind is always open to learn, help is here if you wish..Don't give up or feel defeated.. I'd LOVE to see some pretty pics :)

Weather wise:
Spitting sleet and ice pellets now:

Some here use this method for posting pics :Admin

Administrator 

• Total Posts : 289
  • Reward points : 0
    Saturday, September 07, 2013 10:10 AM                    ([link=javascript:void(showMsgNum(527500))]permalink[/link])                                   

How to upload an image

To upload an image:    If you image is  in an album on the forums:
    1. If your image is in you album, place your cursor where you want the image
    2. Select the Attach Image icon, which is on the top right of the Submit Post bar (see image above).
    1. Select Find images from your albums.
    2. Browse to the image you want to insert and select it. This should place the image in the post.
    If you image is on your computer, not in an album on the forums:
    1. Place your cursor where you want the image.
    2. Select the Attach Image icon, which is on the top right of the Submit Post bar.
    3. Select "Upload images from your computer"
    4. Browse your computer, locate the image and upload it. This will attach the image to your post.
    5. Then Click on the image in the pop-up window, and it will be inserted into your post. It will remain attached to your post.
    Please Note: The max file size for images is 3 MB. post edited by Admin - Wednesday, October 09, 2013 9:11 AM

• "whats that smell like fish oh baby" .. J. Kaukonen
    r3g3
    Pro Angler
    Re:Weather thread 2014/12/05 22:23:16 (permalink)
    thanks Tuna will have to put  some photos in those places to get at them
    fichy
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1896
    Re:Weather thread 2014/12/06 06:05:01 (permalink)
    This is the easiest forum to post pics to, by far. No need to go to a pic site like Photobucket first. Go right to your Windows  picture storage and pick a file. Cameras and phones have their own software programs to download and edit, don't use them, just  download  directly to your computers  picture files, which should let you do some minor editing and store your files. I haven't had a Mac in awhile, but I think it was similar. Good thing it's simple or my skill at swinging a hammer might come into play on the computer.
      On a weather note, my crew and  I worked from first  light to last  light yesterday and got up 20 square of roof sheathing and weather sealed it just before it started to turn to crap here. I earned a weekend off , but it looks like the river is a little iffy.  Have to check the weather and flows.
    hot tuna
    Pro Angler
    Re:Weather thread 2014/12/06 08:07:46 (permalink)
    Sure sounds like you deserve the ENTIRE weekend off Charlie , wow!!
    Not sure if the river is to your, our liking . She is running pretty good for a fly flicker.

Pouring rain out here @35 degs.. So much for my thoughts of local ice so far. If it drops down in temp sharply it may be a good thing, if it just continues to melt away , well , start over I guess.
    The rain today also shoots down any plan I had of getting out early and cutting up a bunch of firewood that fell from last weeks winter storm. Ah well many other projects to get going on ..

Clint S
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3706
    Re:Weather thread 2014/12/06 10:37:26 (permalink)
    Rain then snow, rain then snow. Now sow. It is heavy and wet stuff, but it does not look like it will accumulate much. Looks better for tomorrow. River is a bit high for me , but the spots to the north look fine for now. No fishing for me this weekend. Watching basketball and doing some shopping tomorrow.

The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing.  ~Babylonian Proverb

Lucky13
    Pro Angler
    Re:Weather thread 2014/12/06 13:36:52 (permalink)
    I'm trying to get out now, but I had to change the entry way lock, and the wife is an hour late getting home and will need a new key to get in, so I'm stuck.  Rain has passed here, Buffalo radar says clear to the west of us, local ditches are rising rapidly and the big muddy is holding at a nice fishable level.  May have to postpone until tomorrow, but it is not supposed to be as warm.
    hot tuna
    Pro Angler
    Re:Weather thread 2014/12/06 16:47:52 (permalink)
    Had some duties up in the Schenectady area to take care of on a rainy , icy day so I stopped into a fly shop and picked up some goodies for the SR. If and when I will get to use them ?? Either way its always fun to buy toys .

Weather stinks !!!! To warm to make any ICE !!

Clint S
    Pro Angler
    Re:Weather thread 2014/12/06 19:15:07 (permalink)
    Was fair starting in the early afternoon. Went to a few b ball games and out to see my granny

The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing.  ~Babylonian Proverb

twobob
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1674
    Re:Weather thread 2014/12/07 03:58:07 (permalink)
    So what we got was an all morning  misting.
    No real rain.
    It was enough to bring the creek to a fishable level and I'm sure some fish that were holding downstream will be in the shaft today.

Trouble for me is that at the rate it is dropping it will be to low by the time I could fish on Tues
    The big trib will be too high and dirty to fish.

Hope Lucky gets into at least a few.

hot tuna
    Pro Angler
    Re:Weather thread 2014/12/07 08:00:16 (permalink)
    I sure hope L`13 gets into them real good and shares some pics to brighten my sprits..

Pretty much poured all day yesterday and turned snotty overnight.. Clear and hovering at the 32 deg mark this morning..
    In the mist of all that rain , disaster struck.. I noticed a small leak in my only 5 year old roof .
    How long it's been leaking, I don't know because its in an area of my house the we don't frequent.. It's a huge addition that has been a storage area until my never ending construction projects brought me out there when I put a woodstove in and started demolition.. I'm pretty distraught over the issue and cant find any visible signs of a problem from above..This really blows chunks as it will hold up putting any sheetrock up until most likely spring when I can address the roof itself..  UGH !!!!

On a good note:
    I unexpectedly got GREAT seats to go see Hot Tuna Electric at the one and only Egg Theater tonight in Albany... Maybe I can drown my sorrows away ..

r3g3
    Pro Angler
    Re:Weather thread 2014/12/07 08:37:50 (permalink)
    As ya know Rich a leak can be some distance from where its dripping. Good luck with that, its a lousy time of year to have to deal with it.
    Had one that made me nuts years back- it only leaked when the wind blew from a certain direction and blew just a bit of water under a flashing seam - then it traveled bout 10 feet to where it showed. Took me forever to find it.
     Had another some distance from a chimney but when I sealed the chimney --gonzo drip.
     Ahhhhh the joys of home ownership--hope no more raccoons moved in up north lol.
    Clint S
    Pro Angler
    Re:Weather thread 2014/12/07 19:58:37 (permalink)
    Weather was cold, breezy, but nice. Would have been a nice day to fish, but I did some shopping with the wife and nephew and ate at the Iron Skillet which gave me indigestion. I found it easier to take him with me and just let him pick out the stuff he wants. We did get a nice pair of boots for ice fishing.

Clint S
    Pro Angler
    Re:Weather thread 2014/12/09 06:52:16 (permalink)
    Supposed to get a fair amount of snow through the end of the week. Nothing big like a foot or so........

Lucky13
    Pro Angler
    Re:Weather thread 2014/12/09 07:30:04 (permalink)
    No fish this past weekend and the weather and chores looks like mothballs for the fly gear at least until after the holidays.  May follow the DEC advise and re-spool the jigging rods.

L13
    dimebrite2
    Pro Angler
    Re:Weather thread 2014/12/09 07:36:19 (permalink)
    With the water flow stabilized for some time and a whopping high of 39 this afternoon I would love to hit the water for the last hour today. My chances may be as slim as yours though lucky
    dimebrite2
    Pro Angler
    Re:Weather thread 2014/12/09 07:41:59 (permalink)
    Clint I'm gonna wait to see what happens with this one. The advisory issued seems to have some uncertainty. The ground is pretty bound up right now so whatever drops should stick pretty good
    hot tuna
    Pro Angler
    Re:Weather thread 2014/12/09 09:55:47 (permalink)
    All slick and freezing rain out here today. It is expected to last into tomorrow without snow. I'm sure the drive home will again be an hr plus disaster as people learn once again the perils of winter driving. The last storm folks who ideally do 70 + on the interstate thought they could do 65 and thus were off in the tulies and ditches.

An upswing :
    The water is still frozen and I will be making my first of the season venture on hardwater Sunday .
    Be safe out there

pafisher
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3000
    Re:Weather thread 2014/12/09 14:28:25 (permalink)
    Drove the 6+ hrs from my daughters house to mine yesterday to find my chore of the day waiting for me,a pine tree that fell across the driveway at the top of the hill just before the house.So out came the chainsaw and about a hr of sawing and dragging it was clear to proceed to the garage.
    Rained all night and tomorrow we get some snow.......I hate winter!
    HT,do you have the flatscreen and heater set up? If so you MIGHT get me interested
    hot tuna
    Pro Angler
    Re:Weather thread 2014/12/09 17:27:08 (permalink)
    Well Jack, at some point I hope to have a woodstove on the ice but for now, a bigger shanty # 5 and propane heater will have to do.your always welcome my friend .
    Co worker had a shack, woodstove and satellite TV in his ice house on Saratoga lake. It made the news, got a bunch of rain late season and it sunk.. Lol

While the surprise at the driveway musta stunk , glad to hear your safe and probably resting well .
    Come see me in the spring aboard the daisy Mae for stripers.

Weather ,,, man it's POURING buckets out. Real Gulley washer .. Lol . Man I hate when winter Stalls !!!
    Going to put my Sunday adventure in question for sure

pafisher
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3000
    Re:Weather thread 2014/12/09 18:14:29 (permalink)
    Stripers in the spring? Do you need a first mate......Mollie the Boxer is volunteering.
    Page: << < ..7172737475.. > >> Showing page 73 of 199
    Jump to: