Distured at trout run

Author
jeeters
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 29
  • Reward points: 0
2007/10/25 12:30:02 (permalink)

Distured at trout run

Whats up with all the dead steelies at trout run? They were laying along the shoreline , must have been around fiftey or more there on tues.Is it just me or is anyone else disturbed by the way the fish com. lets all those fish lay in that bathtub at trout run and get fungus and die.How about blocking the stream off after they get enough for their brood stock,that would also mean more fish for people to catch.

3 Replies Related Threads

T.T.
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1656
    RE: Distured at trout run 2007/10/25 12:56:29 (permalink)
    We aren't ever happy.  One group wants to close the tribs to fishermen under low conditions, another wants to close them to the fish.  I haven't seen the dead fish, but how about calling for them to be cleaned out, rather than shut out.  I believe that when the conditions are right, they are let upstream to "breed".  If it does occur, then closing the stream off would obviously end that.  Would you limit the numbers?  Survival of the fittest would be altered to survival of the dumbest.  The fish that come in first aren't necessarily the strongest, healthiest fish, just earlier.

As I said, calling for the mess to be cleaned up could be the answer.  That's something the PSA may be able to accomplish, with the right word from the Fish Comm.
    Side Pressure
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 34
    RE: Distured at trout run 2007/10/25 18:48:35 (permalink)
    its all about the dissolved oxygen gents !
    Loopy
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1437
    RE: Distured at trout run 2007/10/25 18:52:35 (permalink)
    Not only that, I wonder how many bellies were slit for eggs.  I did observe some fish that were caught last week that were barely revived before they were released.  I'm sure some could have died from that.

<---  The Holy Trinity
    Jump to: