we are coming this weekend, all the hotels are booked up

Author
virginia slim
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 11
  • Reward points: 0
2007/10/24 00:26:38 (permalink)

we are coming this weekend, all the hotels are booked up

well erie got the rain we were waiting for. this year will be very interesting, first off my friend ron will not be joining us(having a baby any day) his fishing days are over for the next 18 years, but congrats anyways. well, back to the subject, there will be 32 of us coming,seriously. not all together but as a loosly formed group. hopefully, we will be able to find rooms all at the same hotels, not happening. seems all the hotels/motels are already booked. we did manage to book 5 rooms. which leaves us 6 rooms short. is their any hotels that are within 30 minutes from elk that can handle maybe 6 rooms for this weekend? what about in the city?

19 Replies Related Threads

HardCore Fisher
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 519
    RE: we are coming this weekend, all the hotels are booked up 2007/10/24 00:51:29 (permalink)
    I know the Golden Triangle is out for Saturday night because i booked the last room.

Ronnie
    HardCore Fisher
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 519
    RE: we are coming this weekend, all the hotels are booked up 2007/10/24 00:57:04 (permalink)
    Try the Thunderbird, stayed there once, wasn't the greatest but it kept us dry and warm.
    AnimalCannibal1
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 34
    RE: we are coming this weekend, all the hotels are booked up 2007/10/24 07:14:02 (permalink)
    The motels close to the creeks may be booked. There are alot of big hotels (days inn, super 8, etc) near peach st and 79. If you need phone #'s shoot me a pm

..And then I saw a sheet being let down from Heaven and it contained all the four legged creatures of the Earth. And then the Lord told me "Get up Peter, Kill and Eat."
    FisherChic
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 789
    RE: we are coming this weekend, all the hotels are booked up 2007/10/24 07:58:25 (permalink)
    Try the Presque Isle Country Inn
    814-838-7647
    I think it's either a Comfort Inn or Quality Inn now, used to be a Best Western.

We never have any trouble getting a room there.
    Dream Catcher
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1567
    RE: we are coming this weekend, all the hotels are booked up 2007/10/24 08:28:56 (permalink)
    Try a tent.
    Big Indian
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 83
    RE: we are coming this weekend, all the hotels are booked up 2007/10/24 09:35:21 (permalink)
    Try this web page. It has alot of hotels/motels.  http://www.visiteriepa.com/
    Bughawk
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3247
    RE: we are coming this weekend, all the hotels are booked up 2007/10/24 10:25:21 (permalink)
    32 people in one group to fish for steelies????  Holy Smokes, if just your group were to hit the project waters it would be crowded.

Seriously, if the motels around the creeks are full, try the ones on upper Peach St.  They really are not that far from the streams because you can jump onto I90 and pretty much be anywhere on most of the streams in about 20 or 30 minutes.

pax vobiscum +
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2852
    RE: we are coming this weekend, all the hotels are booked up 2007/10/24 10:56:16 (permalink)
    Hey slim!  Did you guys eat all those 75 steelhead you roped last spring?  Bet they tasted great this summer on the grill, huh?

Hey, here's a reminder for you from the Unlawful Acts section of the PA Fishing Laws and Regulations Summary Book since you probably won't read the regulations again:

It is unlawful to:
    To catch, kill, or possess more than one day’s limit of any fish, except:
    (a) at your residence and
    (b) you may possess two days’ limit while traveling to your residence from an overnight fishing trip of two or more consecutive days

Try not to keep more than 6 a piece this time. 
    18andlife
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 117
    RE: we are coming this weekend, all the hotels are booked up 2007/10/24 11:18:21 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: rsquared

Hey slim!  Did you guys eat all those 75 steelhead you roped last spring?  Bet they tasted great this summer on the grill, huh?

Hey, here's a reminder for you from the Unlawful Acts section of the PA Fishing Laws and Regulations Summary Book since you probably won't read the regulations again:

It is unlawful to:
    (b) you may possess two days’ limit while traveling to your residence from an overnight fishing trip of two or more consecutive days

Try not to keep more than 6 a piece this time. 

Good post...32 guys x 3 fishperday x 5 days = 480 fish! Remember....just because you caught one doesnt mean you have to keep it!!
    Bughawk
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3247
    RE: we are coming this weekend, all the hotels are booked up 2007/10/24 11:46:14 (permalink)
    It is a good idea to be aware of the law when it comes to possession of fish.  One of the Fish Commission officers told me they busted some fellows awhile back with some huge amount of fish, something like 70 + steelies, I don't recall the exact number at the moment.  The guys argued that had been up for the week and only kept three per day.   That argument went no place with the officer.  He quoted the regulations and wrote them a pretty hefty fine.

You also need to remember when on the stream, each person who is keeping fish must have their own stringer.  You are not allowed to combine different people's fish on the same stringer and no stringer should have more than 3 fish on it.  Also, if you give a fish away, that counts towards your limit for the day and the limit of the person who keeps it.  In other words if you give more than 3 fish away in a day, you are in violation of the law.  It is also illegal to cull fish from a stringer. 

The best advice if you want to keep your limit for the day, put the first two on the stringer and keep fishing.  When you are ready to go, keep your last fish and then leave.  If you have a full stringer and keep fishing, technically if you catch another fish and bring that fish in, you are in possession of more than your limit and could be fined.  My understanding of the rule as it was explained to me is once you have the fish on the shore and under control, it is in your possession even if you intend to put it back.  BTW - giving it away is not an option.

I am not posting this to bust anyone's chops, but to hopefully give some people a heads up so they don't get pinched by the Fish Commission when they are on the streams and trust me, they do watch the streams, especially Walnut pretty closely.

Have fun catching the steelies, keep only what you can use and return the rest for others to enjoy.

pax vobiscum +
    kyler16
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2396
    RE: we are coming this weekend, all the hotels are booked up 2007/10/24 12:13:36 (permalink)
    I wish I could get a group of 32 people to go fishing, then wed head north where you can catch a variety and its not as crowded.

This rain is great for the dry areas, but snow will be better.

"If you kill it, eat it. If you eat it, cook it right."
    -Steve Rinella
    dru2112
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2265
    RE: we are coming this weekend, all the hotels are booked up 2007/10/24 18:37:12 (permalink)
    thinking about make a trip up to fish sunday. can anyone give me some tips on what to use and where to go this weekend?  been up twice so far this year and have caught em on skein and single eggs mostly at elk and walnut.
    fishrmn
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 675
    RE: we are coming this weekend, all the hotels are booked up 2007/10/24 19:01:32 (permalink)
    Slim,

Please try to stay within the rules/regulations of the law this time around ...  Good luck finding a room. 

-Tim
    virginia slim
    New Angler
    RE: we are coming this weekend, all the hotels are booked up 2007/10/26 00:00:11 (permalink)
    ok guys, take it easy....
    we are down to just 26 guys(you know how it is).
    we finally got enough rooms, I;ll be at el petros(whatever it is) the richer guys can stay at the Bell aire.
    Anyways, Yes we will kill fish!!! as many as we are allowed, 3 a day. Nothing more, most will be traded for smoked at richards. anyways called richards and they said walnut has so many fish that you could walk across them(thats a fishing report) Yaww HOOOO!!!!!!!

excited to get there, leaving Fri at 10 pm and should hit erie first thing sat morn. we arent fishing all together so half of us will hit elk river while the other half hits walnut. we stay in touch with each other so  I'm confident that we will hit into some hogs. if I can access the internet, I'll keep the days successes posted.

Any hot baits?
    kyler16
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2396
    RE: we are coming this weekend, all the hotels are booked up 2007/10/26 00:41:07 (permalink)
    try they trebel hooks people call crickets heard some guys at the manchester hole torn them up with that

jk jk honestly egg sacs depending on the color but mainly white works best

single eggs always and Im sure minnows jiggs nymphs glo bugs sucker spawn crystal meth trout worms

take your pick.

"If you kill it, eat it. If you eat it, cook it right."
    -Steve Rinella
    youngguru
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 681
    RE: we are coming this weekend, all the hotels are booked up 2007/10/26 01:04:21 (permalink)
    vaGinia slit

go too wAlnutt duud
    eVn bOykawk hoocked sum todey

yuz skane
    trusst mee
    18andlife
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 117
    RE: we are coming this weekend, all the hotels are booked up 2007/10/26 10:19:15 (permalink)
    It is unlawful to:
    ORIGINAL: virginia slim

ok guys, take it easy....
    we are down to just 26 guys(you know how it is).
    we finally got enough rooms, I;ll be at el petros(whatever it is) the richer guys can stay at the Bell aire.
    Anyways, Yes we will kill fish!!! as many as we are allowed, 3 a day. Nothing more, most will be traded for smoked at richards. anyways called richards and they said walnut has so many fish that you could walk across them(thats a fishing report) Yaww HOOOO!!!!!!!

excited to get there, leaving Fri at 10 pm and should hit erie first thing sat morn. we arent fishing all together so half of us will hit elk river while the other half hits walnut. we stay in touch with each other so  I'm confident that we will hit into some hogs. if I can access the internet, I'll keep the days successes posted.

Any hot baits?

I hope you guys have a great time....and I hate burst your bubble but its not 3 a day....This is what the regulations say:

It is unlawful to:

Read (b) again... thats 6 fish you may have in your possession at one time. whether its two days or 5 days.... 6 fish is the the legal limit you're allowed to take from an overnight fishing trip of two or more consecutive days.

eggsacks under a float...singles.....jigs....
    tippy-toe
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4334
    RE: we are coming this weekend, all the hotels are booked up 2007/10/26 11:36:29 (permalink)
    Slim re-re-read (b) agian...for your own good and the good of the fishery.

The WCO's will be out in force.

I have the right to remain silent.....I just don't have the ability
    virginia slim
    New Angler
    RE: we are coming this weekend, all the hotels are booked up 2007/10/26 23:46:28 (permalink)
    dont worry guys, we are trading them in for smoked at the bait store. as long as we have receipts for the smoked ones, we are all legal. I may take a few back fresh if they are wallmounter material. I am looking for a couple to mount, maybe even a brown if I'm lucky. anyways take off in 1 hour, should arrive around 9. I cant wait!!!!!! what a blast this will be. watch out erie !!!!!! the southern boys are coming!!!!!

hope everyone has a great week!!!!!
    Jump to: