Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
kyler16
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2396
  • Reward points: 0
2007/10/23 15:42:03 (permalink)

Close the boards

With all this crap going on the only way to fix it is delete the boards. Honestly I dont post for 2 weeks I have someone create a name to be so close to mine. Then you have newbe posting 29 messages in 2 minutes. I honestly agree with tippy or tt which ever one referred to the board needing an enema even tho he ripped on me. DO SOMETHING MODERATORS. This is a fish board leave it at that. I wonder what fishusa thinks when they read this crap cant be that good for business especially since they have it attached to their site. Now I know Ill get reply from  trolls and other people saying its me, its not just me its EVERYONE. We all claim we are "sportsmen" when really we are acting like nothing but a bunch of children. 

"If you kill it, eat it. If you eat it, cook it right."
-Steve Rinella

55 Replies Related Threads

T.T.
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1656
    RE: Close the boards 2007/10/23 15:47:06 (permalink)
    Duud, first off that was me.  Second, didn't you QUIT 2 weeks ago?  It's not surprising to me that this crap has had a surge since you came back.  The moderators are slipping, but man, you bring a bunch on yourself. 

Eh, why bother?  It's a cycle.  The rains will let some fish upstream, and some shut-ins outside to fish.
    kyler16
    Pro Angler
    RE: Close the boards 2007/10/23 15:50:45 (permalink)
    I wasnt even around when Giffon posted somthing about someone with  name similar to mine sending him a PM that was off the wall. since I came back? It didnt change at all went back and read previous post people just dont stop. I dont say a word I ask a question bout hooks and people say crap about my prego girl or something bout me not leaving for the navy. but oh I forgot its myfault. 

-Steve Rinella
    elephanthead
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1057
    RE: Close the boards 2007/10/23 16:04:34 (permalink)
    Why close the boards ? When things get out of hand the moderators should intervene. That's not happening. There are posts on here that have no value short of a laugh or two but there are some that could cause trouble. Those are the ones I'm talking about. I've met a lot of good people from this site and had fun and shared info and fished and partied with some. It's not all bad.  Dave
    spoonchucker
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 8561
    RE: Close the boards 2007/10/23 16:04:37 (permalink)
    The owner of Fish USA is an administrator on the boards, and can take whatever action he chooses.

Every so often the nonsense gets out of hand, been that way for years. Then comes the outcry. Clean it up, where's the moderators? So the moderator ( new, or old ), starts cleaning it up. THEN the same number of people, ( and often the same PEOPLE ) cry about censorship. Why was MY post deleted/edited, we can't have ANY fun, I want MY opinion heard.

Listen, MOST of us are big boys, and girls. The trolls, and their posts are easy enough to recognize. If you don't have the self control to ignore them, then there isn't much anyone can do for you. For the trolls it it isn't personal, they have no idea who they are going after. They just get there kicks pushing peoples buttons, and quickly learn who's buttons are active. As long as they get the desired response they will keep pushing away.

Get Informed, Get Involved, And Make A Difference.

Step Up, or Step Aside

The next time you say "Somebody should do something", remember that YOU are somebody.

GL
    elephanthead
    Pro Angler
    RE: Close the boards 2007/10/23 16:06:22 (permalink)
    Amen, Spoonie.   Dave
    mossy oak
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 883
    RE: Close the boards 2007/10/23 16:07:06 (permalink)
    Well spoken Spoon. 

Kryler, shut up.

MO

so save your breath I could not hear, I think I made it very clear...

Bughawk
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3247
    RE: Close the boards 2007/10/23 16:09:26 (permalink)
    Words of wisdom Spoon.  The best medicine for trolls is to ignore them.  If they go over the top, the moderators will delete their posts.  If they make treats, the moderators know who they are, they should be reported to the authorities. 
    post edited by Bughawk - 2007/10/23 16:11:49

pax vobiscum +
    kyler16
    Pro Angler
    RE: Close the boards 2007/10/23 16:16:48 (permalink)
    I remember when someone make the mistake of saying something bout downsyndome and arguing on the internet. Everyone went off. So I defend myself, my girl , and my son thats about to be born any day now. But I get the book thrown at me and Im the reason the trolls are here. bull guru does nothing for the board but drive alot of people insane and no one does a thing. I can only imagin what MO said Ive just blocked him as well as a few others but I make a topic and its flooded with trolls and people I have blocked. My inbox is flooded with bull crap from people with 1 or no post. I come back to talk to people like fishrmn who is about one of few to take my side. I dont want the boards closed I want them cleaned up. 

-Steve Rinella
    T.T.
    Pro Angler
    RE: Close the boards 2007/10/23 16:29:03 (permalink)
    You block people????  What are you?  You call half the board out, as well as everyone on the tribs, and then you block boardmembers when the heat gets to you.  Man, am I glad you're NOT in uniform.  Get a thick skin, or just get out.  Better yet, grow up and add something positive, OR get out.  If you don't do any of those things, you'll just get more of the same, if not worse on here. 

You block people?!?!?!?!?  Then, you blindly respond to someone you block.  What a hoot! 

Remember when you threatened to put a bullet in my head?????  I didn't block you. 

Remember when you called me out to fight in another thread???  I didn't block you. 

You got your head beat in, and came back for more.  Thick????  I think so.

I'm thinking it really is YOU.  You should just follow the path you paved 2 weeks ago, and just go.  Oh, that's right, you probably blocked me now anyway.
    elephanthead
    Pro Angler
    RE: Close the boards 2007/10/23 16:32:40 (permalink)
    I didn't block you T.T. How ya been since the banquet ?  Dave
    kyler16
    Pro Angler
    RE: Close the boards 2007/10/23 16:33:33 (permalink)
    your not annoying, you tell it how it is, reading your post are better then the others Ive never blocked you as well. I call out half the board? why because no one does anything about it when in person. The people Ive met in person are 100% different in person then they are on the boards. 

-Steve Rinella
    Wally Cat
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1073
    RE: Close the boards 2007/10/23 16:38:13 (permalink)
    Sure am glad we got a bunch of rain so we can now take our frustrations out to the creek instead out on each other here. Soon we'll get some snow and cool off a little more. Chill out and take life a little less serious.

Enjoy Life, Be Happy, Go Fish - Often!

"God has blessed America - may He continue to do so, even though we are not worthy of it".
    Author..... Wally Cat
    CR500
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 186
    RE: Close the boards 2007/10/23 17:01:08 (permalink)
    kyler16,

Don't take this the wrong way but you are sleeping in the bed you built with the sheets and comforter you made the bed with dude.  Remember the rod you were going to sell then you were going to donate it then you were going to buy a ticket?  Beyond that you should take an hour or so to go back and read your old posts.  If you read them with an open mind you will see a very obvious butt head tendency.  Not a big deal though.  You are young.  You were new the the board.  I'd bet you were new to INTERNET boards in general too. 

Now you should lay low and accept the backlash that you created.  Weather the storm and learn from your past action.  A little humility will go a long way to regaining your credibility.  I hate to tell you this but you are far from persecuted.  Think of this as a life lesson.  I'm pretty sure that you don't act the same way in person either.   If you did you would very likely have a permanent dent in your forehead.  You can take what I've said as you will, but as harsh as it sounds it was really meant as friendly advise.

Scott
    T.T.
    Pro Angler
    RE: Close the boards 2007/10/23 17:01:12 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: elephanthead

I'm fine.  I'll be finer ( ) when my MSO spinning rod shows up.  There's water in the streams now, and I can't wait to throw spoons and spinners.  I've been crushing steel for weeks in the low/clear conditions with the fly rod, but sight fishing gets old.  You been up?  If not, get here soon before the streams drain out and get back to the new normal.  This isn't going to last.

How dare you trick me into a post about fishing!!!  We're off-topic now.
    CR500
    Avid Angler
    RE: Close the boards 2007/10/23 17:02:56 (permalink)
    TT, look for a pink postal notice tomorrow.
    T.T.
    Pro Angler
    RE: Close the boards 2007/10/23 17:04:32 (permalink)
    Speaking of MSO... is it????????  I'm ready to jump on the back of any person walking by the front of the house with an Eagle on their hat.
    T.T.
    Pro Angler
    RE: Close the boards 2007/10/23 17:05:22 (permalink)
    Sweet!!!!!
    CR500
    Avid Angler
    RE: Close the boards 2007/10/23 17:08:23 (permalink)
    It's insured and they won't leave it wothout a signature.
    pghmarty
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5951
    RE: Close the boards 2007/10/23 17:25:30 (permalink)
    Moderators have been at work
    NeWbie1's post was locked and Krylers posts deleted.

mossy oak
    Expert Angler
    RE: Close the boards 2007/10/23 17:31:38 (permalink)
    Blocked eh?  That hurts my feelings.

Here's how I see it.  I haven't been around since conception here, but I've been around a while.  Used to be a nightly member of the chat group.  BTW>>>what do we have to do to get chat back, I've never laughed so much sometimes.  I've fished with a fair amount of the guys on here and have made some DEAR friends.  Friends that stretch far beyond sharing a few drifts.  Except for Tim, you seem to alienate everyone against you.  At some point you need to ask yourself....is it me????
    I've been here since 2003 and posted 650 times including this one.  You've been here a little over a year and posted 875 times.  Just a biased guess here, but in my eyes out of those 875, 800 have been b.s., whining and ITG (internet tough guy).  Yeah, I'm exaggerating, but Im sure you get the point.  You can talk to quite a few I've met.  I'm a BIG dude, strong and yep, got the mid life belly.  Im no pushover either.  Above that i'm a laid back, peaceful guy.  Crybabies like you get under my skin.  When that happens, I am the type that will turn to you on the stream and call your bluff.  Try me.
    In no way do I intend to degrade your child or your wife.  My beef is with your actions and posts on here.  Learn to be a man of your word and quit lying. 

If you are ever on the streams and see a big dude with a Boston Red Sox hat on, stop and chat....it's me.  I'm sure at that point we can come to terms.....

MO

pghmarty
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5951
    RE: Close the boards 2007/10/23 17:42:23 (permalink)
    Kryler has a way of annoying people with his KIZZ AZZ promises then NO GO Action.

He blocks those that tell him how he is because he does not want to hear it.

He said I am blocked so he will never see this

What is the point?
    elephanthead
    Pro Angler
    RE: Close the boards 2007/10/23 17:48:58 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: T.T.

ORIGINAL: elephanthead

I'm fine.  I'll be finer ( ) when my MSO spinning rod shows up.  There's water in the streams now, and I can't wait to throw spoons and spinners.  I've been crushing steel for weeks in the low/clear conditions with the fly rod, but sight fishing gets old.  You been up?  If not, get here soon before the streams drain out and get back to the new normal.  This isn't going to last.

How dare you trick me into a post about fishing!!!  We're off-topic now.

Sorry T.T. guess that was off topic. Erie once. N.Y. thrice. Now that there's some H20 I guess it's time. I'll be the one thrashin the water with a pin once I get the guts to make a fool of myself (shoulda spent more time with Scott & Ray)   For a thread titled "close the boards" this is getting a lot of air time. Take care & see you on the water.  Dave
    post edited by elephanthead - 2007/10/23 17:51:40
    creel
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 384
    RE: Close the boards 2007/10/23 17:55:13 (permalink)
    Kyler, the chat room was a hoot, there was a young fellow Krott, who became know as croutch, right Paul.  He posted a picture of a deer he shot in the head, also called head shot Paul,  the guys in chat chastized him to no end, he came back calling them names and other things, but that is what they did to the new guys, all in fun, but he didn't know it, I finally pm'ed him in chat and told that I had met most of them and they were good people and they were just stroking him, the more he came back the more they gave it to him, to just rool with the punches and quit takeing the bait and letting them set the hook.  I told him to come to the Freeze out and met them and he would have a different opinion of them, he came and they went over to him and asked him to pick the ice hole he would like his head shoved in, his eyes lit up and took a big gulp, then they laughed and said it was fun to finally meet him, some new friendships were made then and like alll the fish erie function, new friends are made, you should make one of them and meet these gentlemen, your opinion will change.  A lot of them gentlemen are still on the site and mean no harm.   Just some suggestions from the old guy.  John

thats a good fish, they are all good, some are gooder than others
    kyler16
    Pro Angler
    RE: Close the boards 2007/10/23 17:59:25 (permalink)
    MO you have a pm 

-Steve Rinella
    kyler16
    Pro Angler
    RE: Close the boards 2007/10/23 18:01:59 (permalink)
    I unblocked everyone I burnt bridges with. Ill try to get a thicker skin and not be such a smartarse or hardarse. 

-Steve Rinella
    71gto
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 774
    RE: Close the boards 2007/10/23 18:18:19 (permalink)
    Kyler quit! I read it with my own eyes and he is now back almost as bad as newbie.

Gort! Klaatu barada nikto!
    mossy oak
    Expert Angler
    RE: Close the boards 2007/10/23 18:28:27 (permalink)
    John,

Still taking your geritol??  Think you could spare a few for 71gto??  He seems to be having bouts of dimensia now and then.  Think he uses McCoy too.  You two will have to meet one day.
    BTW...nice buck.  Wish I had time to get to the woods.

Yeah, chat was golden.  I think it would eat Kyler up to have to deal with some of the guys from then.  Upperman and Alice arent around much, Hed has his arse glued to a treestand.  PT fell off the earth.  SPI is MIA.  Ahhh, the gold old days....huh?  It could've been a lot worse.  Take care buddy and keep me posted......

MO

71gto
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 774
    RE: Close the boards 2007/10/23 18:32:18 (permalink)
    MO,

Ya punk**** You need geritol now and you still a young whippersnapper!

Gort! Klaatu barada nikto!
    creel
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 384
    RE: Close the boards 2007/10/23 18:32:23 (permalink)
    Will do Mike.  What will it take to bring back the Chat room.

thats a good fish, they are all good, some are gooder than others
    Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to: