WALL AT WALNUT

Author
glen
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 920
  • Reward points: 0
2007/10/20 21:59:41 (permalink)

WALL AT WALNUT

I THINK WE SHOULD ENCOURAGE DONNY BEAVER TO LEASE THE WALL AT WALNUT. WHAT DO YOU THINK?

25 Replies Related Threads

ronnie84
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 580
    RE: WALL AT WALNUT 2007/10/20 22:12:58 (permalink)
    I think the Fish Commission should assist in moving the fish back into the lake so they can stop being molested and have a food source consisting of something without a hook on it.

But it's put-and-take so the feeling is moot.
    glen
    Expert Angler
    RE: WALL AT WALNUT 2007/10/20 22:21:08 (permalink)
    SO THEY CAN BE MOLESTED LATER UPSTREAM WITH A HOOK?
    ronnie84
    Expert Angler
    RE: WALL AT WALNUT 2007/10/20 22:34:10 (permalink)
    When they are upstream it will be because there's been enough rain to allow them to advance, taking a lot of stress off the fish along with not being stranded to little pot holes with hordes of 'fishermen' lined up on all sides. I have no clue what you're trying to say there or what you mean by it...
    woodnickle
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 8508
    RE: WALL AT WALNUT 2007/10/20 22:35:01 (permalink)
    Are we having fun yet? No dought its tough.

glen
    Expert Angler
    RE: WALL AT WALNUT 2007/10/21 09:35:03 (permalink)
    DO YOU WANT TO PROTECT THE FISH BECAUSE OF THE LOW WATER OR GET UP THERE WITH YOUR BUDDIES TO JOIN IN THE CIRCUS LIKE YOU JUST POSTED ON ANOTHER THREAD. YOU ARE CONFUSING ME. HERE'S ANOTHER IDEA: THE FISH COM. SHOULD CLOSE WALNUT TO FISHING AND DIG A CANAL TO POOR RICHARDS SMOKEHOUSE. ELIMINATE THE MIDDLEMAN .
    ronnie84
    Expert Angler
    RE: WALL AT WALNUT 2007/10/21 11:42:27 (permalink)
    You obviously have me confused with someone else, I didn't say such a thing in another thread...
    joedirt
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 209
    RE: WALL AT WALNUT 2007/10/21 14:25:48 (permalink)
    it just dosnt seem right to fish in a puddle of clear water. I was at walnut last thursday and couldnt believe they fish when its that low. 10 people around a puddle you could reach acoss and shake hands with the guy on the other side. 

"Life is a garden, Dig It"
    finhed
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 12
    RE: WALL AT WALNUT 2007/10/21 21:07:30 (permalink)
    I think Bill Brasky should lease "the wall."
    tippy-toe
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4334
    RE: WALL AT WALNUT 2007/10/21 21:16:38 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: glen

DO YOU WANT TO PROTECT THE FISH BECAUSE OF THE LOW WATER OR GET UP THERE WITH YOUR BUDDIES TO JOIN IN THE CIRCUS LIKE YOU JUST POSTED ON ANOTHER THREAD. YOU ARE CONFUSING ME. HERE'S ANOTHER IDEA: THE FISH COM. SHOULD CLOSE WALNUT TO FISHING AND DIG A CANAL TO POOR RICHARDS SMOKEHOUSE. ELIMINATE THE MIDDLEMAN .

PR's could just sell smoked fillets on the Internet and people wouldn't have to waste the gas and pollute the air with vehicle emissions....mabey we could even reverse global warming.....win...win

I have the right to remain silent.....I just don't have the ability
    walcat01
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 391
    RE: WALL AT WALNUT 2007/10/22 15:59:10 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: joedirt

it just dosnt seem right to fish in a puddle of clear water. I was at walnut last thursday and couldnt believe they fish when its that low. 10 people around a puddle you could reach acoss and shake hands with the guy on the other side. 

Real honest to God sportsmen!!!!!

*commander*
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2647
    RE: WALL AT WALNUT 2007/10/22 16:35:40 (permalink)
    you tell 'em. no sportsmen here but you. dang walnut fisherpeople fishing when the water is low and clear. how dare they. next time youre there make sure you and joe dirt mention it to those fisherpeople that its ridiculous to fish there. dont forget to mention to the WCO's that they should be transporting those steelhead from the project holes back down to where they can swim around better. DANG GOOD IDEAS you have; DANG GOOD IDEAS!!!
    old roosterlike you is what it takes to get this all figured out. YEAH BABY!!!!!
    post edited by *commander* - 2007/10/22 16:44:12
    ronnie84
    Expert Angler
    RE: WALL AT WALNUT 2007/10/22 17:56:49 (permalink)
    For the record that's soley an opinion I share on the subject of the current conditions (about the fish commission assisting in getting the fish back into the lake and when the water level is sufficient they'll obviously return) and nothing more. People pay for a license to fish and therefore are more than entitled to do so.

I just think it's rediculous, comical and downright embarrassing to see people 'fishing' (if that's what you want to call it) not only elbow to elbow, shoulder to shoulder, but over hundreds of fish stuck in gin clear two foot of water. You really would think that there's gold in them or they're made of filet minon. Personally, and this is merely my opinion, but if 35 other anglers have to bring their lines in because you have a 'fish-on', then it's probably time to find a different spot to fish.

That's my take and if that makes me a purist, 'Sportsman of the Year' or whatever the word/phrase is nowadays, so be it.
    post edited by ronnie84 - 2007/10/22 17:58:11
    *commander*
    Pro Angler
    RE: WALL AT WALNUT 2007/10/22 18:05:28 (permalink)
    no offense to you or anybody that fishes the tribs. how anybody wants to fish is theyre right as long as they purchase a license. imo the whole creek thing seems pretty crazy. again, i'm not bashing anybody for doing it, but it doesnt seem any different than fishing the trout pool at the sportsmens show. never fished a trib and dont plan to. i think its a great deal for kids as they can see the fish and they seem to get a huge kick out of it. as for the transporting of fish, i'm joking about that because wardens chasing fish up and down the tribs to be transported back and forth is never going to happen.
    post edited by *commander* - 2007/10/22 18:13:38
    ronnie84
    Expert Angler
    RE: WALL AT WALNUT 2007/10/22 18:25:57 (permalink)
    Kids are a different story and I think that now would be a great time to get them involved...that is if you can find the room between the 800 other grown men rubbing waders up and down lower Walnut.

A daily diet of mini-foo's, little cleos, rapalas, sucker spawn, daredevils, etc. is just what the doctor ordered for these fish...I also realize that the fish commission would never assist in moving the fish back into the lake and as I said it was nothing more than a mere opinion of mine. God forbid Billy Bob doesn't get his limit of steelhead for the day to feed the family, the whole Erie economy might collapse, too!
    spoonchucker
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 8561
    RE: WALL AT WALNUT 2007/10/22 18:35:42 (permalink)
    If the PF&BC moved every fish back to the lake tonight, at least 80 percent would be right back where they were in the morning. Nature is telling ( compelling ) them to to run, and they WILL run as far the water will allow.

Get Informed, Get Involved, And Make A Difference.

Step Up, or Step Aside

The next time you say "Somebody should do something", remember that YOU are somebody.

GL
    *commander*
    Pro Angler
    RE: WALL AT WALNUT 2007/10/22 18:42:13 (permalink)
    "at least 80 percent would be right back where they were in the morning."
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

could you imagine what would happen to the poor SOB that was in charge of moving fish back into the lake. he'd need a vehicle that was a cross between a driving range golf ball fetcher and an armoured truck. poor fella would get lynched.

walcat01
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 391
    RE: WALL AT WALNUT 2007/10/22 19:25:53 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: *commander*

no offense to you or anybody that fishes the tribs. how anybody wants to fish is theyre right as long as they purchase a license. imo the whole creek thing seems pretty crazy. again, i'm not bashing anybody for doing it, but it doesnt seem any different than fishing the trout pool at the sportsmens show. never fished a trib and dont plan to. i think its a great deal for kids as they can see the fish and they seem to get a huge kick out of it. as for the transporting of fish, i'm joking about that because wardens chasing fish up and down the tribs to be transported back and forth is never going to happen.

There goes diarreha of the mouth again!!! You are a real ****wipe.
    *commander*
    Pro Angler
    RE: WALL AT WALNUT 2007/10/22 19:50:12 (permalink)
    aww walcat, there you go again. it seems about this time each day you get a bit restless. remember stay away from spicy foods . you need lots of bran. you should also try some chamomile tea. it will settle your belly and help you sleep. no matter what you say i still think youre a great fella. cheers to you.
    *commander*
    Pro Angler
    RE: WALL AT WALNUT 2007/10/22 20:06:32 (permalink)
    again, great idea about transporting the "steel" from the low holes. you should suggest that to the PFBC and perhaps you could use your camper van. instead of Ben Klingston(mall guard), you could be walcat01, "trout transporter." you could paint a big 01 on the side like "The General Lee" and instead of a confederate flag on the roof you could have a siren   and an old rooster.
    post edited by *commander* - 2007/10/22 20:15:52
    ronnie84
    Expert Angler
    RE: WALL AT WALNUT 2007/10/22 20:20:09 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: spoonchucker

If the PF&BC moved every fish back to the lake tonight, at least 80 percent would be right back where they were in the morning. Nature is telling ( compelling ) them to to run, and they WILL run as far the water will allow.

That's true, I didn't even think about that.

Oh well, hopefully the rain comes soon.
    carpin05
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 830
    RE: WALL AT WALNUT 2007/10/22 20:50:52 (permalink)
    When will you guys understand rain or not the fish will run....Mother nature tells them to go not Joe denardo..
    I was at elk saterday morning and guys were caching fish the water was low but a little off color i got 2 on singles and missed 4 guys may be geting them on power bait but that is the way thay fish stop knocking the men and women fishing for fish that are avaible in the lower parts of the creeks and not where you want them to be so you can slaughter them...the only problem is you have muppers and fly flingers in one spot trying to catch fish....if you fly flingers dont like the people catching fish wait for the rain go home kiss my****...next year there will be fish just like last year....I am sorry but you guys **** me off with the **** you whin about....I seen you guys on elk looking at people useing power bait with you to good****.. give me a break!!! you will have your precios fish come december so shut the hell up and let beeeee!!!
    And i am not like kyler i live at 224 east 21 st munhall pa 15120 if you have a beef come see mee?????
    ronnie84
    Expert Angler
    RE: WALL AT WALNUT 2007/10/22 21:32:44 (permalink)
    carpin05, first let me clarify that this has nothing to do whatsoever with fly versus spin fishing.

Second of all, I've been having a blast catching trout in relative solitude these last few weeks so quite frankly I could care less if there's no room to fish up there. You see, I'm not going to go into cardiac arrest or starve to death if I don't go steelhead fishing in Erie. I will patiently wait until the fish are spread out before I plan my next trip.

Third and lastly, I'm just calling em' like I see em'. What's going on up there, in my modest opinion, is not fishing. It's a fish molestation derby at best and if you get enjoyment out of holding hands with the guy next to you while fishing then that's your prerogative.

I guess we all have different values in the sport of fishing and for me, personally, going out there and 'slaughtering em' or 'catching my limit' is not one of them.
    peacymike
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 540
    RE: WALL AT WALNUT 2007/10/22 21:41:52 (permalink)
    it don't get  better then this.[ dream on]
    carpin05
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 830
    RE: WALL AT WALNUT 2007/10/22 22:27:58 (permalink)
    I 'M DREAM'IN
    LOL
    2fish
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 58
    RE: WALL AT WALNUT 2007/10/23 02:03:52 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: peacymike

it don't get  better then this.[ dream on]

peacy,
       if you think that it doesn't get any better then you should have been on the WALL at the NUT one morning last week. At about 6:50 am out of the corner of my eye I see a fishing pole go shooting off the wall [not uncommon]. What was uncommon was to hear a yell from the parking lot and a kid come flying out of nowhere and does a swan dive off the wall into 12"-18" of water. He was able to retrieve his pole but was disguisted that he lost the fish. I personally was amazed that he survived the dive without at least busting something. So just when you thought you've seen it all just look around and you'll be amazed at the stupidity that goes on.
      Steve  
    post edited by 2fish - 2007/10/23 02:06:42

Love 2fish
    Live 2fish
    Work in order to afford 2fish
    Jump to: