Wishful Rain...

Author
wilson
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 21
  • Reward points: 0
2007/10/12 13:38:46 (permalink)

Wishful Rain...

Not much of a discussion, just a notice.

I don't know if any one else looked at yahoo! extended forecast for Lake City, but here it is:

Monday, Oct. 15th - few showers
Tuesday, Oct. 16th thru Sunday, 21st - showers every day

They have missed recently, but lets pray for this one.  

Looking forward to first trip this year scheduled for Oct. 26th. thru 28th.

Thight lines to all.....

8 Replies Related Threads

wilson
    New Angler
    RE: Wishful Rain... 2007/10/12 14:12:06 (permalink)
    friends pointed out that i can't spell, must have been from the excitement of the forecast.

"Tight lines to all"   
    pxatim
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4786
    RE: Wishful Rain... 2007/10/12 14:14:50 (permalink)
    yeah and I thought last week that this weekend would be $$$$

I'm not getting my hopes up yet...when the rain comes I'll get excited
    FiveMilePete
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1131
    RE: Wishful Rain... 2007/10/12 15:55:59 (permalink)
    Sure, and it was supposed to rain here from Wed. through Friday too.
    We got barely enough to dampen the grass. I did have to turn on the intermittent wipers once. Real downpour.
    Panfisher
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 799
    RE: Wishful Rain... 2007/10/12 16:08:36 (permalink)
    I will believe it when it happens.

The only thing better than 1 day of fishing is 2 days of fishing.
    Ax
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 450
    RE: Wishful Rain... 2007/10/12 16:36:56 (permalink)
    See you guys once it realy rains.  I dont mind low and clear conditions but this is down right pitiful.

Although even if it doesnt rain I know the urge will take over here soon.  Steel is down right addictive.
    wilson
    New Angler
    RE: Wishful Rain... 2007/10/12 16:48:12 (permalink)
    Easy now, don't shoot the messenger , I am just stating what I see on yahoo!

Question:  I haven't seen the streams but reports state very bad, low and slow.  So, lets say Erie gets the so called forecasted week of rain, I'm sure it will effect the streams but how much based on current condition(s)?  Do yo think it would blow out the streams? Or bring up to a go flow?

I am only curious, because of scheduled trip for Oct. 26 weekend.

P.S.  I will make the drive regardless, I just have to fish.  Tired of work.

Good luck to all.
    T.T.
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1656
    RE: Wishful Rain... 2007/10/12 17:14:55 (permalink)
    Not a guess, but fact:

The recent calls for rain and subsequent "rain" have really only brought up levels to pretty low as opposed to very low.  I've driven through a couple showers the past two times we actually had any rain.  Enough rain to get my blood pumping and send me to the nearest trib several times, only to be broken hearted at seeing the levels and water clarity virtually un-affected.  What those rains have done was to put a little much needed water into the system, but more effectively cool things down.  The temp. drop was enough to trigger some runs, especially just before the Big Run Banquet.  Wednesday's "rain" and cool temps didn't produce any kind of run. 

It's already been stated that we will need real showers for more than just a couple hours to affect the streams enough to let the stranded fish upstream, as well as bring new fish in.  I hate tempting the heavens, but we really need a hurricane-style storm to flush out the trees and other debri and bring water levels up.  After that, we'll need regular showers to maintain.  I don't think any of those things are in the forecast, and I wouldn't trust it if it were.

Come up, combat fish, and be a sportsman about it.  There are fish to be had, but when they shut down, crowbars won't get them.  When you see 30 fish in front of you, and their tails are higher than their mouths, move on, 'cause they ain't gonna do anything but frustrate you.
    pafisher
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3000
    RE: Wishful Rain... 2007/10/12 22:10:55 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: T.T.

Not a guess, but fact:

The recent calls for rain and subsequent "rain" have really only brought up levels to pretty low as opposed to very low.  I've driven through a couple showers the past two times we actually had any rain.  Enough rain to get my blood pumping and send me to the nearest trib several times, only to be broken hearted at seeing the levels and water clarity virtually un-affected.  What those rains have done was to put a little much needed water into the system, but more effectively cool things down.  The temp. drop was enough to trigger some runs, especially just before the Big Run Banquet.  Wednesday's "rain" and cool temps didn't produce any kind of run. 

It's already been stated that we will need real showers for more than just a couple hours to affect the streams enough to let the stranded fish upstream, as well as bring new fish in.  I hate tempting the heavens, but we really need a hurricane-style storm to flush out the trees and other debri and bring water levels up.  After that, we'll need regular showers to maintain.  I don't think any of those things are in the forecast, and I wouldn't trust it if it were.

Come up, combat fish, and be a sportsman about it.  There are fish to be had, but when they shut down, crowbars won't get them.  When you see 30 fish in front of you, and their tails are higher than their mouths, move on, 'cause they ain't gonna do anything but frustrate you.

Invite some of those "fisherman" that roam the Salmon River,NY to Erie,they'll show you how to hook 'em!
    Jump to: