longitude of ohio pa line

Author
sixers
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 112
  • Reward points: 0
2007/09/11 09:06:56 (permalink)

longitude of ohio pa line

I would appreciate a posting of the Ohio Pa line longitude.

many are claiming they are getting walleye there.

Although, I have both licenses, many of my friends only have Ohio.  I have heard that the Pa game patrol , patrols that boundary looking for wayward Ohio boats.  How cordial are the Pa guys about an Ohio boat ventureing into their waters? 

Much thanks in advance.

13 Replies Related Threads

walcat01
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 391
    RE: longitude of ohio pa line 2007/09/11 10:42:39 (permalink)
    They will nail your butt in a heartbeat!!!!
    Deerslayir
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 175
    RE: longitude of ohio pa line 2007/09/11 11:22:27 (permalink)
    80.31.10 and loran 58220. I never heard anyone get nailed I just stay away to avoid the issue all together, venture if you dare
    sixers
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 112
    RE: longitude of ohio pa line 2007/09/11 12:28:02 (permalink)
    thanks deerslayir.  I will enter that into my GPS and then will have a good idea how close to get when a non pa license is with me.

I may try it alone and show my Pa license if they come out. I will report it on this site, if they do.

mike1187
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 21
    RE: longitude of ohio pa line 2007/09/11 12:35:47 (permalink)
    I was told once before(a few years back)  that either an ohio, or PA licence was ok in lake erie....   similar to how they have it in pymatuning lake.  I guess I was informed incorrectly.
    northparklake2
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 143
    RE: longitude of ohio pa line 2007/09/11 12:41:23 (permalink)
    i thought it only mattered from where you launched from??

http://www.geocities.com/mpyingling22/northparklake.html
    spoonchucker
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 8561
    RE: longitude of ohio pa line 2007/09/11 12:53:19 (permalink)
    Mike,

That's why everyone should read the summary booklet provided when they purchase their license, rather than listen to hearsay at the dock.

I don't think that the PF&BC devotes countless hours patroling the line, but it is still best to stay on the side in which you are licensed.

Get Informed, Get Involved, And Make A Difference.

Step Up, or Step Aside

The next time you say "Somebody should do something", remember that YOU are somebody.

GL
    Carpet Bagger
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1834
    RE: longitude of ohio pa line 2007/09/11 13:25:15 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: northparklake2

i thought it only mattered from where you launched from??

Well lets see you launch out of conneaut ohio come back to the dock with PA licenses...you swear you caught them fish in pennsylvania waters....but you are now in ohio...To fish ohio waters you need an ohio license.  If you plan on fishing the boarder best bet is to have both licenses i know i do...

It doesnt matter once these gales come through im guessing that the walleye fishing will slow very significantly...the lake is going to flop big time if the predicted winds are even close....im sure it will be a sight to see.

CB
    I never thought I'd say this, but I love my Sport-Craft!
    Deerslayir
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 175
    RE: longitude of ohio pa line 2007/09/11 15:21:10 (permalink)
    When you think lake will be fishable after this flop? Saturday,Sunday?? Sounds bad :(
    pghmarty
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5951
    RE: longitude of ohio pa line 2007/09/11 15:45:59 (permalink)
    FISHING PRIVILEGES IN BOUNDARY WATERS

The following fishing license agreements apply to boundary waters.

You must abide by all other rules and regulations of the state in which fishing and where you launch or retrieve your boat.

A PENNSYLVANIA or MARYLAND LICENSE is valid on the Conowingo Reservoir or Youghiogheny River Lake when fishing from a boat (excluding coves and tributaries). DOES NOT INCLUDE SHORE FISHING.

A PENNSYLVANIA or NEW YORK LICENSE is valid on the Delaware River (including West Branch) between New York and Pennsylvania when FISHING FROM A BOAT OR FROM EITHER SHORE.

A PENNSYLVANIA or NEW JERSEY LICENSE is valid on the Delaware River between New Jersey and Pennsylvania when FISHING FROM A BOAT OR FROM EITHER SHORE.

A PENNSYLVANIA or OHIO LICENSE is valid on the Pymatuning Reservoir when fishing from a boat. DOES NOT INCLUDE SHORE FISHING.

A PENNSYLVANIA LICENSE is required to fish Kinzua Reservoir in McKean and Warren counties. NO agreement has been established with New York.

NO FISHING AGREEMENTS have been made on any other boundary waters.
    post edited by pghmarty - 2007/09/11 15:49:01
    Storm Warning 2
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 583
    RE: longitude of ohio pa line 2007/09/11 17:39:13 (permalink)
    Get an Ohio license, it pays.  I always carry my Ohio and NY and have to WEAR my PA. 
    mike1187
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 21
    RE: longitude of ohio pa line 2007/09/11 19:07:11 (permalink)
    e
    ORIGINAL: spoonchucker

Mike,

That's why everyone should read the summary booklet provided when they purchase their license, rather than listen to hearsay at the dock.

I don't think that the PF&BC devotes countless hours patroling the line, but it is still best to stay on the side in which you are licensed.

Definately...  I havent fished very close to the ohio line so I wasnt too worried about it.  if I had plans to be close to the line(or over it)  I would make sure to check the "official" regulations before doing so.  I'm not one to take too many chances like that.
    Carpet Bagger
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1834
    RE: longitude of ohio pa line 2007/09/11 19:59:32 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: Deerslayir

When you think lake will be fishable after this flop? Saturday,Sunday?? Sounds bad :(

I think fishing will slow signifcantly deer.  Mainly due to the lake churning up and the water temperature drop with the lake turning over.  Makes for scattered fish and som slow days

If we get stable weather after this blow there may still be a few good weeks of walleye fishing out there...but generally that first big cold blow (7+ft waves) is the beginning of the end...Sometimes its in late september sometimes early october...sadly this one is coming this week...

CB
    I never thought I'd say this, but I love my Sport-Craft!
    2dog
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 468
    RE: longitude of ohio pa line 2007/09/12 20:48:14 (permalink)
    sixers,
    Here is the info you wanted. It also answers the question of license needs. Got it from a very reliable source, WCO Brook R. Tolbert.

You need a PA Fishing license and appropriate stamps to fish the lake in PA.  In addition, you need to must abide all PA fishing seasons, sizes, and creel limits when in PA.  This is even if you have a OH fishing license and you possess a limit of fish that is legal in OH, but if that legal limit in OH is over the limit of possession in PA, then when you go into PA you are in violation and everything can be seized. The western edge of PA is W 080 degrees 31.10.  It’s the anglers responsibility to know where they are on the lake and to have the corresponding states fishing license.
    Jump to: