ATT. Fish Commision

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
*commander*
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2647
  • Reward points: 0
RE: ATT. Fish Commision 2007/09/03 21:45:03 (permalink)
perhaps you were at the wrong place. i believe its the place in Walnut Creek across from where the stop sign is.
2fish
Novice Angler
  • Total Posts : 58
RE: ATTN. Fish Commission 2007/09/04 04:28:43 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: spoonchucker

Also, there is a good chance of additional splash dams there, and on other streams. These are proving to be far more consistent, and cost effective than dredging.

The southern most end of the WALL could really use a splash dam as the hole that used to be there the last few years has really filled in. Cleaning out the channel would really open up the fishing possiblities to the elderly, physically challenged, and of course the LAZY. The more fishable water available the better to spread out the hoards !!!
   Steve

Love 2fish
Live 2fish
Work in order to afford 2fish
Presquisleanglr
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 185
RE: ATTN. Fish Commission 2007/09/06 14:17:06 (permalink)
Thanks commander, (I got lost I'm from the east side)

A resent brief chat, with a pafbc officer (older and wiser) -threw this out there, plans where in the oven to close off walnut creek access from the marina all together, put in the new channel due north from the lake to the marina complete with brake waters and safe harbor,sounded great to me.BUT got shot down at the political level, Why? I'm not sure yet but indications of a boat owner at the marina is in the political realm.

I know the man who was the lobbyist for the pa game commission served many years at the congress level, glad to get out.
Who is the lobbyist for the pafbc?
Presquisleanglr
Avid Angler
RE: ATTN. Fish Commission 2007/09/06 14:23:25 (permalink)
closing off the marina would allow a consistent water flow along the wall and alleviate boat traffic completly in the creek' that sounded good.no boats when the fish are running, to good.
spoonchucker
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 8561
RE: ATTN. Fish Commission 2007/09/06 14:33:59 (permalink)
Andy,

There could have been a number of reasons that particular plan was shot down, that had nothing to do with the PF&BC, OR the state. No one, not even the state can simply put place a channel,or breakwall on lake Erie. It requires not only state, but FEDERAL permits. One of many considerations for issuing such permits, is the impact on the shoreline on either side.

Get Informed, Get Involved, And Make A Difference.

Step Up, or Step Aside

The next time you say "Somebody should do something", remember that YOU are somebody.

GL
Presquisleanglr
Avid Angler
RE: ATTN. Fish Commission 2007/09/06 14:49:05 (permalink)
Spoons,

I'm sure Pafbc was all up for the project, the permits are manageable the shore line ,take a look at north east. I'm not placing blame on any one. But there is a political agenda to where the money flows. I tracked the permits required to put in the shades beach project and it's quite due able at walnut. I'm just at a loss on the commitment end? If the wheel isn't squeaking it will get no grease especially when there is no money's to by grease to start with.
spoonchucker
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 8561
RE: ATTN. Fish Commission 2007/09/06 15:22:19 (permalink)
Andy,

The fact that a permit was issued for one location, does not mean it will be for another. Near shore water depths, currents, and the contour of adjacent shore lines vary. And would be a factor in approving a permit.

Get Informed, Get Involved, And Make A Difference.

Step Up, or Step Aside

The next time you say "Somebody should do something", remember that YOU are somebody.

GL
Presquisleanglr
Avid Angler
RE: ATTN. Fish Commission 2007/09/06 15:29:34 (permalink)
Spoons,

I do appreciate your knowledge in these matters and you are one of only a few that unselfishly donate your impute without malice

End off discussion for me have at it T.T.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to: