LockedFirst steelies of the year

Page: << < ..6 Showing page 6 of 6
Author
kyler16
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2396
  • Reward points: 0
RE: First steelies of the year 2008/08/23 05:14:24 (permalink)
johnny id suggest you read through this hole topic, there have been plenty of locals saying that this thread caused no  harm unless 4 youngsters fishing is causing harm i think you might need to rethink your out look on life.

The only thing this thread caused was an uproar from all the 3+ hour away people crying oh no there wont be any Steelhead left for me.

some of you sound worse then a woman on her rag that just got off the phone with their mother!

take a breath there will be many of steelhead in sept, oct, nov, dec, jan, feb, march, april and up to the end of may! 4 months at the most with out steelhead has some people acting like their suffering from withdrawls from herion.

"If you kill it, eat it. If you eat it, cook it right."
-Steve Rinella
spoonchucker
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 8561
RE: First steelies of the year 2008/08/23 14:41:21 (permalink)
There will always be the first report of Steelies at X,Y, Or Z. It will always come SOME time ( days, even weeks ) after folks have started catching them there. And it will always come from someone who DIDN'T wait for a report to take a chance.

jonny,

As has been reported, there have only been a handful of folks trying their luck. There has ALWAYS been  the same number of early anglers from mid August on. Sometimes they are rewarded, sometimes not.

Get Informed, Get Involved, And Make A Difference.

Step Up, or Step Aside

The next time you say "Somebody should do something", remember that YOU are somebody.

GL
clamshell
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 45
RE: First steelies of the year 2008/08/23 20:22:34 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: tippy-toe

ORIGINAL: ErieBayRat

Since I live here maybe I should start checking Godfrey and and Trout Run on a weekly basis and report any fish sightings here. Really push some of the guys over the edge.

Don't do it !!!.... but you can PM me that info 

I took this picture at Walnut today:

That right there is some funny s#$t
wormsrus
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 10
RE: First steelies of the year 2008/08/23 20:35:58 (permalink)
May be a reident fish,,,
May be a Photochopped Photo (what is wrong with his lefthand????)

ORIGINAL: mgolf92

Awesome, you know this is what we've been dreaming of...  This is *steelking*'s fish.

strandman220
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 140
RE: First steelies of the year 2008/08/23 20:48:14 (permalink)
Isnt it a bit early. That is a nice fish.
swinger
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1376
RE: First steelies of the year 2008/08/23 23:05:54 (permalink)
I'll tell you whats wrong with his hand. His fingers are all mangled up from typing bogus fishing reports. Nice pic of an April fish.

Quality over quantity

I am reality

I>U

JC Rules!!!!!!!
kyler16
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2396
RE: First steelies of the year 2008/08/24 00:08:47 (permalink)
are u people seriously blind? there is nothing wrong with his left hand and wow that water is awfully low and clear for april, walnut last year in april had some nice color nearly all month.

quit being so jealous you werent the first to report the early exploring steelhead are in.

"If you kill it, eat it. If you eat it, cook it right."
-Steve Rinella
egg sac
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 517
RE: First steelies of the year 2008/08/24 01:07:08 (permalink)
Its no wonder I pretty much stopped posting here all together. Seems if you post a fish pic here anymore you are a bragin sinner, a lier or a nasty spot burner. So since so many want to be jerks bashing this poor guy I will add my thoughts to this as well. #1 this is a total public accesss area so its impossible to spot burn it no matter what time of year it is. #2 If is so sinfull to post a pic of a fish well I guess all fisherman that ever took or showed a picture of a fish they caught are all burning in hell come on is that guy for real? #3 to all the sherlock holmes trying to call this poor guy a liar do some investigating, because their is always fish at the mouths of the streams early morings in mid to late August always. And the fact that if you realy look at the picture his licence is an 2008 and thier is no way thier was that many green leaves in the water in April just is not possible as they are just starting to grow. #4 I totaly belive he got the fish for the reason just stated and I personaly have been thier a few times already( sunday and wendsday) and caught and seen steelhead thier each time. No big numbers yet but is more then enough for some to be caught.Unless you just have to see for yourself I personal would not suggest traveling any distance to try just yet but for the locals to have a chance at a few early season fish without 500 people in thier hip pockets yes its worth it. I did not post any pics of ones I got so far this year cause its just not worth it to but yes did call a few people I know and let them know a few started to show up already. If you search long and hard through each years posts you will see anywere from the 15th to 25th of August thier is always someone reporting of a few steelies at the mouths and in the past i used to post a pic of an early season fish to get everyones blood flowing for anoughter season of fresh chrome. The large amounts of bashers and people calling me a liar brought this to a hault. Would like to add one last thing about spot burning most of you fail to realize and that is unless its a totaly public access like mouth of most all the tribs thier realy is not to many totaly open to public areas avilible, this is private land and just when did the land owner give you the right to advertize his or her land? The reason I personaly get so upset about spot burning has zero to do with wanting to be away from others more like I would hate to see more and more good fishing areas of stream posted cause a few not thinking individuals needed to beat thier chest over a good fishing day. Nothing wrong with telling the world hey I landed 50 fish today and so and so fly or baits just stop sending more and more people to private land that can and will get posted from to much traffic. Be glad Pa is so liberal as it is with access to the stream cause in Ohio you better have a signed permission slip for every section of stream you access thats not public waters cause thier you can and will get fined for tresspassing even if the land has no posted signs. So basicaly do yourself and all other angelrs that want to keep enjoying the streams for years to come a big respectfull favor and stop advertizing private areas of the streams, the landowers alow us the privilage year in and year out of stream access so do not hurt this privilage.Common sence people the more areas that get posted the less acces means more areas get more crowded meaning even more posting so stop the cycle before it gets worse.
post edited by egg sac - 2008/08/24 01:10:58

SO MANY FISH SO LITTLE TIME.
WHY ARE ALL THE PLACES I HAVE YET 2 FISH SO FAR AWAY?
gobyking
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1195
RE: First steelies of the year 2008/08/24 01:32:38 (permalink)
Ok, I posted the "sinner" stuff because everyone seemed to be in such a huff about this young man posting a picture. It was all in jest and don't understand everyone getting ****ed about it the picture. No one got that I was joking and maybe I should have made that more obvious. I don't even fish for steelhead but found this thread really funny.

Personally, I wouldn't want to fish beside someone if they got that upset about things that are going to natually occur every year. That is why I quit fishing the opening day of trout in this state 15 years ago, a bunch of A-holes. Not saying that you guys here are, but the ones I've run into in the past litter and push kids under 12 out of the way to get to a good hole, nice role models.

I'll stick with the bass and toothy critters, when I run into an A-hole, I'll just troll or motor away to a new spot. Fall is for hunting season anyway for me and this thread reinforces that thought.JMO
egg sac
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 517
RE: First steelies of the year 2008/08/24 02:11:28 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: gobyking

Ok, I posted the "sinner" stuff because everyone seemed to be in such a huff about this young man posting a picture. It was all in jest and don't understand everyone getting ****ed about it the picture. No one got that I was joking and maybe I should have made that more obvious. I don't even fish for steelhead but found this thread really funny.

Personally, I wouldn't want to fish beside someone if they got that upset about things that are going to natually occur every year. That is why I quit fishing the opening day of trout in this state 15 years ago, a bunch of A-holes. Not saying that you guys here are, but the ones I've run into in the past litter and push kids under 12 out of the way to get to a good hole, nice role models.

I'll stick with the bass and toothy critters, when I run into an A-hole, I'll just troll or motor away to a new spot. Fall is for hunting season anyway for me and this thread reinforces that thought.JMO

I understand what you are saying belive me I do not enjoy the Pa fall season as much as I used to. This is why I show up in August to get some early fish with no crowds and fish non peak times and off beaten paths in PA and NY to aviod the crowds. Used to fish the spillway at pyamatuning Lake ever spring for the walleyes but did not this year as I ust got sick of the crazyness that goes on there. Besides the tribs I spend alot of time on local lakes for panfish it helps pass the time during the off months the fish are not running. Never thought I would live long enough to say I remmeber the good old days but do remmeber them were you could walk miles of stream and never see anyone all day and thier was plenty of fish around , remmeber and seriously miss the big runs of Kings and Cohos we used to have.Back then the only area I remmeber being posted was the covered bridge area on Elk that was about it now it seems we are loosing more and more access every year and this is a sad thing but if it does ever come to a stop at least I will have had the chance to have experianced this great fishery and know I did not do anything to make it come to and end as I never litter, never invite the masses buy posting stream locations and when I see the landowers have always thanked them for the chance to fish thier land.

SO MANY FISH SO LITTLE TIME.
WHY ARE ALL THE PLACES I HAVE YET 2 FISH SO FAR AWAY?
Screamin Steel
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 246
RE: First steelies of the year 2008/08/24 02:18:10 (permalink)
Nice fish! For the rest of you that keep heckling him, I sincerely hope all your lines get tangled and your spots burned and you lose every fish you hook this fall. Get of your high and holy horses and give the guy a break. You are all obviously self centered and egotistical to think this young guy caught "your" early fish, or burned "your spot." You guys are pathetic. Look for me this fall. I'll be looking for you hecklers and moving in on your hole, and I will surely post a report ruining the fishery forever and causing a mass northward transit on I-79 creating a traffic jam that will last till Christmas. Get a life.
Bughawk
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3247
RE: First steelies of the year 2008/08/24 08:19:55 (permalink)
I guess quite of few missed the horse beating gif....  As for high horses, it seems there are two camps in this thread; those want to rip on the young man for posting a picture of himself holding a fish and those that want to rip in the those who are ripping on the young man.  There is an old saying that when you point your finger at someone, there are three point back at you. 

So I will get on my high horse and tell all the guys in both of these camps to get a life.  The bashers of the guy who posted the picture, you all are evil sinners and in need of confession and absolution.  Please confess your sins immediately.  You know the formula,... "Father I have sinned...."  Once you have done that, your pentence will be to read the entire PA fishing regulations from start to finish 3 times and give one fly to the first 10 people you meet on the stream that are in your spot.

For the bashers of the bashers you are also in need of confession and absolution.  Follow the same formula for the confession as the first group and your pentence will be to pick up three garbage bags of trash the first three trips up this fall and give up your spot on the stream to one of the guys who was concerned about those who were spot burning.

Now if we all do as I say we will all feel better and the world will be returned to its original state as God intended it.  Thank you for your cooperation and may you all have a blessed steelhead season..... +

pax vobiscum +
dano
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2992
RE: First steelies of the year 2008/08/24 10:11:49 (permalink)
Can I have an AMEN!!!

Gone Fishing
jonnyfishon
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2089
RE: First steelies of the year 2008/08/24 10:30:34 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: kyler16

johnny id suggest you read through this hole topic, there have been plenty of locals saying that this thread caused no  harm unless 4 youngsters fishing is causing harm i think you might need to rethink your out look on life.

The only thing this thread caused was an uproar from all the 3+ hour away people crying oh no there wont be any Steelhead left for me.

some of you sound worse then a woman on her rag that just got off the phone with their mother!

take a breath there will be many of steelhead in sept, oct, nov, dec, jan, feb, march, april and up to the end of may! 4 months at the most with out steelhead has some people acting like their suffering from withdrawls from herion.

I was just defending tippy. I think he just stated his opinion, I do not think he was attacting the kid as some others clearly have. I fish the salmon river for steelhead only.
pin_drifter
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 253
RE: First steelies of the year 2008/08/24 10:43:55 (permalink)
Once again what the heck the guy that caught the Steele congrats.  And as i sit here and ponder on all this b.s you guys that all **** about the postings, spot burning, etc you can THANK YOUR GOOD OLD INTER NET. What did everyone do before the net came so popular. Back in the day it wasn't just a mouse click away. You didn't have people saying all there are fish running here and their. If you wanted to find out you called the local bait shops took their word for it, and drove too the Tribs to fish. It just amazes me how much the inter net has become the sinner more ways that one. People think about it ,what did everyone due before the net. It's ashame that the net became the way alot of us people live today. So just remember everyone thats crying about this and that on the fishing site. You don't have to log on. But if you do that your choice but once again just remember you can thank the so call technology for making the Erie tribs what they are today.....

Quit ****ing and take a kid fishing !!
woodnickle
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 8511
RE: First steelies of the year 2008/08/24 10:56:50 (permalink)
I am glad I got the internet for 1. Met some really cool dudes here!

walcat01
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 391
RE: First steelies of the year 2008/08/24 11:54:22 (permalink)
Well said egg sac! this page sucks compared to what it was 5 yrs. ago. Losing your experience and advice on here is truly their  f-up. and the idiots are led by the biggest idiot on here,commander. What a piece of sh-- he is.Also led by a lot of guys trying to impress people on here with what they know, which is nothing.They really think they are bullshi---- people when the only one they are bullshi----- is themselves. The narators have ruined this page with their favortism as well as the owner. Just my .02.......
Sage4wt
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 154
RE: First steelies of the year 2008/08/24 12:57:56 (permalink)
Congratulations on catching some early steel! I guess some people get upset because you took their fish, lol, and gave away the secret spot lower walnut because I am sure they are the only ones to fish it. I appreciate the post. Glad to be informed and if I was the one who caught the first steel, I would have done the same.
ErieBayRat
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 30
RE: First steelies of the year 2008/08/24 13:41:15 (permalink)
Traveled route 5 with 5 year old this morning.  Walnut has fish at the mouth. Spotted 7. Saw nice one on stringer. I have a pic of the fish. About ten people fishing.
http://img54.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscn0818ez6.jpg

Trout Run has no fish. Saw one person fly fishing off the beach.

Godfrey has no fish.

Saw no one fishing at Elk Creek access.  I would bet there are some in there.

Saw nothing at the mouth of Crooked Creek.

Finally stopped at Conneaut Ohio, grabbed a burger and didnt bother heading down to the mouth, decided just to head home.

It was a nice Sunday drive.

If I was coming to fish I would be fishing from the beaches. Jig on bobbers, tiny twisters or mini-foo's tipped with grubs. Be on the water at sunrise or sunset. Just my two cents.

I may fish Avonia beach at sunset tonight.

Tight lines!
post edited by ErieBayRat - 2008/08/24 13:46:15

"A society living in fear very often - actually, inevitably - produces in form that which it fears most."
flyfishermanPA
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1495
RE: First steelies of the year 2008/08/24 21:32:00 (permalink)
Everyone who is bashing this guy bear in mind. ITS A PUBLIC CREEK & PRETTY WELL KNOWN -obviously. It's not a wild trout stream that he and 4 other people know about!
MuskyMastr
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3032
RE: First steelies of the year 2008/08/25 00:00:13 (permalink)
Nice fish, never mind the whiners, post em all.....

Better too far back, than too far forward.
bigtrout4x4
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 219
RE: First steelies of the year 2008/08/25 18:06:20 (permalink)
wow, being a new person to this site, to come here and see all these crybabies posting stuff about steelking, shut up---were all going to see all you whinners soon enough, nice pic steelking and thank you.  ive been looking forward to some rain so they can move in, KEEP YOUR LINES TIGHT AND SEE YA'LL VERY, VERY SOON!!
post edited by bigtrout4x4 - 2008/08/25 21:33:34
Storm Warning 2
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 583
RE: First steelies of the year 2008/08/25 22:55:54 (permalink)
**** ya'll, calm the F down!

Its a fishing site, not a bar!
Dream Catcher
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1567
RE: First steelies of the year 2008/08/26 00:46:42 (permalink)
I personally watched him pull in a steelhead on  Saturday August 16th , the same day he pulled the other 4 . I was also putting my boat in @ 6:30 AM on the 23rd and there was 8 total anglers in the same spot . WHOKarES cOmE Tri uR Luk SWANger? You're bogus get off the net strap on some tongs & catch some chrome dude. When was the second to last trophy brown caught ? Where was it caught? Let me save you the drama . July 4th @ walnut access imagine that? I guess you have to have you're line wet to experience this wonderful sport ?
gobyking
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1195
RE: First steelies of the year 2008/08/26 02:28:44 (permalink)
x
post edited by gobyking - 2008/08/26 02:33:56
Ax
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 450
RE: First steelies of the year 2008/08/26 08:57:44 (permalink)
Walcat01 if this site is so terrible and useless why in the world do you keep posting to it?  Now I know you are getting rather old and have always had a nasty streak in your personality (I know the same folks you do from Scottdale as I live in Smithton) but you know what if you don't like something then don't do it.  I am sure your smart enough to know this.  To be honest what have you ever done for these boards other than complain about people and other things you have no control over.  You complain about all the trolls but I have a feeling that is exactly what you are doing.  And yes I did bite but this is because I have actually met you before and know that your not all that bad of a guy.  But to go and blame the owners of this site and mods is just dumb.  If you don't like it leave then.  And dont let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya.

Egg sac leaving the boards did hurt the boards a lilttle.  Egg sac does know what he is doing and is always willing to help other anglers.  I had the pleasure of meeting him last year early in the season at the mouth of Walnut and he was full of knowledge.  But guess what Walcat he got sick of the boards and stopped posting.  And to be honest there are numerous guys on these boards that love to help other anglers.
mikeg
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2533
RE: First steelies of the year 2008/08/26 09:34:43 (permalink)
Once again, people will ruin a perfectly good post!
This thread is now locked.....
And will be "cleaned" up!

For my fishing reports, product reviews, stories, and other nonsense...
http://bassjunky76.blogspot.com/
Page: << < ..6 Showing page 6 of 6
Jump to: