Fish Cleaning

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
2dog
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 468
  • Reward points: 0
RE: Fish Cleaning 2007/04/11 20:00:55 (permalink)
Just remember that when fishing for two or more days you are only allowed to have two days limit. I agree with peacymike about dumping the entrails into the creek. Crayfish, minnows and everything else in the creek will eat it and lets not forget the raccoons. I've gutted trout and the guts were gone the next day, and they weren't washed down stream. But the thing with Lake Erie tribs is if that were allowed it would create an unsightly mess.
boolywugger
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 45
RE: Fish Cleaning 2007/04/11 20:16:16 (permalink)
I agree 100%
If you are going to keep them, and can afford to spend time and money here, spring for the couple bucks to Poor Richards.
Save  the bathtub for ice to keep the beer cold.
spoonchucker
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 8561
RE: Fish Cleaning 2007/04/11 22:22:43 (permalink)
"I've gutted trout and the guts were gone the next day, and they weren't washed down stream."

Precisely, the Coons, Possums, and Skunks that they attract, are exactly what the PF&BC and the landowners want to avoid.

Get Informed, Get Involved, And Make A Difference.

Step Up, or Step Aside

The next time you say "Somebody should do something", remember that YOU are somebody.

GL
Wally Cat
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1073
RE: Fish Cleaning 2007/04/12 07:10:31 (permalink)
I camp and fish out of Pymatuning(Linesville Camp Ground) sometimes and they have a great cleaning station.....spray hoses, large cutting surfaces, grinder, lights and it's all screened in. Wonderful set up. Not sure who takes care of it, no doubt someone paid by the state.

Enjoy Life, Be Happy, Go Fish - Often!

"God has blessed America - may He continue to do so, even though we are not worthy of it".
Author..... Wally Cat
Carpet Bagger
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1834
RE: Fish Cleaning 2007/04/12 11:59:29 (permalink)
Few of the local campgrounds have cleaning tables... Fish are supposed to be filleted at point of consumption.  Why?? I dunno maybe the local bait shops wanted a chunk of the charter guys money...or maybe there is some sore of liability for the charter guys to fillet their customers fish then have them later choke on a bone...I know they were the 1st that these laws were enforced apon...

I know i want to fillet my fish because no1 i know how i want them done and no2 i know i do a better job than them...

CB
I never thought I'd say this, but I love my Sport-Craft!
spoonchucker
Pro Angler
RE: Fish Cleaning 2007/04/12 12:01:34 (permalink)
Buckets,

Perhaps cleaning stations at Walnut, Northeast, and maybe even Lampe are a feasable idea. Maybe a joint effort of the Downriggers, SONS, and The PSA. Maintenance would be the only real issue. We might be able to get the guy that handles Gary's ( guts ) to do the same for the stations.

Step Up, or Step Aside

The next time you say "Somebody should do something", remember that YOU are somebody.

GL
Catching Chrome
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 177
RE: Fish Cleaning 2007/04/12 14:28:16 (permalink)
How about letting them go!
Stillhead
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1887
RE: Fish Cleaning 2007/04/12 15:10:35 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Catching Chrome

How about letting them go!

that's great.  Going along with the avatar pic of a basket full of dead steelhead, lol.
post edited by Stillhead - 2007/04/12 15:11:04
peacymike
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 540
RE: Fish Cleaning 2007/04/12 18:47:22 (permalink)
yes but the people way up the creek can put there stuff in it and there nothing said. but fish gut you are fined [dream on] i seen it all over the 79 upon elk people still but there junk in the creek where all the junk coming from ;not from me or the fisherman it 's erie people and that's [dream on to] i rest my case
2dog
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 468
RE: Fish Cleaning 2007/04/12 19:51:35 (permalink)
"I've gutted trout and the guts were gone the next day, and they weren't washed down stream."

Precisely, the Coons, Possums, and Skunks that they attract, are exactly what the PF&BC and the landowners want to avoid.

No houses for around for miles. So why not let the Coons, Possums, and Skunks have an easy meal?
Buckets Charter
Novice Angler
  • Total Posts : 97
RE: Fish Cleaning 2007/04/12 22:11:16 (permalink)
Hey spoon What a way to spend some stamp money but there is a law that says fish may not be cleaned untill the place of consumption.  Most campgrounds are in violation of this law and it is never really enforced 3 times that i know of once at north east d and d charters once in the bay with lady di team effort getting pinched   We limited early thank goodness  and once at follys end  if they ever push it they will be in deep 25 a fillet. I am sure the downriggers would be interested in getting the law changed and getting stations set up let me know your thoughts. If there are any pfbc officers reading correct me if i am wrong on the law see you on the water Dan
spoonchucker
Pro Angler
RE: Fish Cleaning 2007/04/12 22:16:29 (permalink)
Dan,

They can't be filleted, but the entails CAN be removed which I think the concern was. I would probly benefit the stream Steelheader more than the lake Perch and Walleye guys. Since they prefer to fillet rather than gut.

Step Up, or Step Aside

GL
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to: