is the rain gunna be good or bad ?

Author
cp13
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 542
  • Reward points: 0
2007/10/26 12:58:48 (permalink)

is the rain gunna be good or bad ?

well everyone wanted it to rain and its raining now but do u think this will blow out the creeks and have the steelhead sitting at the mouthes or do u think it will cause more to run in?...

4 Replies Related Threads

fisherofmen376
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2215
    RE: is the rain gunna be good or bad ? 2007/10/26 13:23:34 (permalink)
    Once the rains soaks into the ground (we were in drought like conditions, so we need a lot of steady stuff) then a consistent runoff will occur.  Streams will get better color, watel levels will be good, and alas, steelies will run upstream.  so yes, rain is good. 

"Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men."
    Matthew 4:19
    wags0842
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 2
    RE: is the rain gunna be good or bad ? 2007/10/26 14:33:15 (permalink)
    im going to say this weekend will bring moe fisherman than fish!

Bughawk
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3247
    RE: is the rain gunna be good or bad ? 2007/10/26 14:50:40 (permalink)
    I don't think the rain this weekend will bring out any more people than were planning to already come.  As Fisherofmen said, we need to have a lot of rain to get the water tables back up and then the streams will have a more consistent flow.  As for the weekend, there will be fish in the stream, there will be fisherman fishing for them.  Find a spot, and try your luck. 

If the streams do come up and get a bit of color or stain, think larger flies, brighter colors.  Try skein, egg sacks and nightcrawlers.  If the water is low and clear, minnows and single eggs for bait and smaller more subdued flies, small pale glo bugs, sucker spawn, nymphs and small black, brown and olive woolly buggers.

Adjust your shotting to meet the water depth and flow, i.e. deeper water with a good flow more shot, low and clear, less or maybe no shot.

If you are using a float, adjust the depth so that you are keeping your bait down where the fish are.  If you are not hanging up some, you are not deep enough.  Be sure the bait or fly is not being dragged by the float and keep the tip of your rod out in front of the float.  When you get to the end of the drift, lift the rod slowly and be ready for a bite.  I have had a lot of fish hit the fly as I was pulling it up to recast.

Good luck...

pax vobiscum +
    vinestbrew
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 418
    RE: is the rain gunna be good or bad ? 2007/10/28 01:48:31 (permalink)
    Is the fishing really that much better or is it just more people commenting on it??
    I haven't made it up since the rain
    Jump to: