Boat towing service

Author
dipseediver
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 9
  • Reward points: 0
2007/09/11 07:53:41 (permalink)

Boat towing service

Just wondering what towing service the guys use that are fishing out of Conneaut. I have Marine Assist but they keep their vessel down at Geneva. I lost half of my steering a few weeks ago and the Captain told me it would take an hour run to get to the front of Conneaut.

Anyone know of something close?

thanks,

dipseediver

4 Replies Related Threads

mike1187
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 21
    RE: Boat towing service 2007/09/11 12:33:09 (permalink)
    I used to be a member of BoatUS, and part of their membership included free towing(up to a certain $$ amount)  and their services were prettymuch everywhere.  I just had to call for "TowboatUS" on the raidio, and the nearest towing service would be sent out.  I let my membership lapse because I wasnt going out much, but I'll probably look into picking it back up again.  it didnt cost much, and they had free towing, cheap boat insurance, and offered a reward for anything that might be stolen from your boat, along with a few other nice options.   It might be worth looking into.  Paying for one tow(especially if they have to run an hour to get there)  will probably cost more than a membership through BoatUS.
    Big Fathead
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 915
    RE: Boat towing service 2007/09/11 12:41:28 (permalink)
    I switched to Boat US from Lakeshore only because I fish in many differnet places. You can get unlimited towing and trailer protection for $150.00 that covers you as a person on any owned boat, borrowed boat, rented boat, any waterways in the US and the boat trailer while in tow. So if you blow a tire, lose a wheel, freeze a bearing or any other sucky situation your trailer will not be stuck on the side of the road. There are a few different packages for less money with them also. I thought if you had a lake towing service that the closest one on WErie still came and got you. Aren't they in a network of towers on the Lake.
    Carpet Bagger
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1834
    RE: Boat towing service 2007/09/11 14:11:30 (permalink)
    lakeshore towing for lake erie....

CB
    I never thought I'd say this, but I love my Sport-Craft!
    pghmarty
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5951
    RE: Boat towing service 2007/09/11 15:58:47 (permalink)
    Jump to: