Walnut Creek ZOO

Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Author
Carpet Bagger
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1834
  • Reward points: 0
RE: Walnut Creek ZOO 2007/07/13 16:29:28 (permalink)
Any1 up for a petition to get us some better access to Erie...

personally i think the SONS do enough for the steelheaders....when will they do something for erie the boaters can enjoy.....after all im pretty sure we spend alot more money....

CB
I never thought I'd say this, but I love my Sport-Craft!
T.T.
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1656
RE: Walnut Creek ZOO 2007/07/13 16:44:35 (permalink)
I don't know about that, and neither does my wife.
spoonchucker
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 8561
RE: Walnut Creek ZOO 2007/07/13 22:20:28 (permalink)
I don't know who this Kelly you have spoken with is, but the Stamp program is administered by.

John Simmons at (717) 705-7832 or Scott Bollinger at (717) 346-8196.

Scott is also in charge of boating facilities.

Like I said, someone needs to present a plan/proposal. You can't just write/call and say we want more access. Keep in mind also, that any constuction project on the lake requires a multitude of studies, and several agencies must sign off on any such project.

Get Informed, Get Involved, And Make A Difference.

Step Up, or Step Aside

The next time you say "Somebody should do something", remember that YOU are somebody.

GL
Brad1
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 338
RE: Walnut Creek ZOO 2007/07/14 06:04:11 (permalink)
It has crossed my mind that the reason PA doesn't invest more into boating access for Lake Erie is due to the fact that there is such a small portion of PA land that actually comes in direct contact with Lake Erie (as opposed to the miles of shoreline that either Ohio or New York have along Lake Erie). I dunno, just a thought.

I noticed someone said they were on the board of the Pittsburgh Downriggers club. I would like to re-join that club. I was a member for a couple years back in the mid-90s, but since I was never able to make it to the meetings, I allowed my membership to lapse. With what I have invested in Lake Erie boating / fishing, I'm foolish for not being a member of the Pittsburgh Downriggers club.

I currently don't use walnut. I consider myself to be pretty experienced when it comes to launching / loading a boat (I've been doing so for 26 of my 44 yrs), but I'm not a big fan of crowds. Actually, the main problem I have with walnut is that the channel is not only narrow, the waters of the channel are unprotected. I recall from the last time I was there, seeing large waves coming right into the channel from the lake. The wind was from the north. I think they need a breaker wall. Like what Conneaut (Ohio) has.
Hookin Up
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 118
RE: Walnut Creek ZOO 2007/07/14 10:15:44 (permalink)
Spoon I didn't just call and tell them what I wanted to happen to walnut. I called to see who was in charge of the stamp money and what had to be done to see if some could go to walnut.

The PFBC office in Meadville gave me her number they didn't say anything about the people you mentioned. 
PumaJeff
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 22
RE: Walnut Creek ZOO 2007/07/14 11:46:51 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: jaymztrain

welcome to ERIE

More like "welcome to a boat ramp"!

I took my wife, son, and one of my wife's friends to a local lake a couple weekends ago for a picnic, and just for fun, I told them we should picnic at a picnic table at/near the main boat launch area. My wife did not like the idea (she wanted somewhere more quite), but I told her and her friend that they gotta see what I've always talked about (morrons at the boat ramps!)  By the end of the picnic, both them, and my son where wiping tears out of their eyes from laughing so hard!

Yep some people otta learn how to launch and load a boat for sure! 
Presquisleanglr
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 185
RE: Walnut Creek ZOO 2007/08/10 22:06:31 (permalink)
Ive, pursued Pa.stamp money and other grants for lake access improvements, particularly for the East Ave. boat launch facility. And anglers do have a direct line to help in this mater and it is a young lady by the name of senator Jane Earl. she is a big advocate of improving and promoting sport fishing along lake Erie.She is from Erie and can help. If every one who cares to drops here an e-mail with there concerns the right people will get a memo from the senator.East ave is now getting a badly needed restroom facility only took two years but the money is there and I just reviewed the final plans with the port authority. so team up and work on some money for your preferred bout launch.
Presquisleanglr
Avid Angler
RE: Walnut Creek ZOO 2007/08/10 22:45:35 (permalink)
Everything starts somewhere. this might be good for spoons, write up a brief petition requesting facility up grades at walnut have every boater sign it going in at walnut 500 is minimum signatures. More than 500 voters signatures is impressive to any elected official.send the petition to Sen. Earl the chamber of commerce, Phil English and the pafbc. thats where to start you just might get enough money to get a grant procurator  involved.
Presquisleanglr
Avid Angler
RE: Walnut Creek ZOO 2007/08/10 22:56:46 (permalink)
spoon have you seen the new ramp going in at shades beach it will be finished in time for fall fishing  It all started with a grant for a ramp in the middle of no where.
pghmarty
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 5951
RE: Walnut Creek ZOO 2007/08/10 23:05:08 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Presquisleanglr

Ive, pursued Pa.stamp money and other grants for lake access improvements, particularly for the East Ave. boat launch facility. And anglers do have a direct line to help in this mater and it is a young lady by the name of senator Jane Earl. she is a big advocate of improving and promoting sport fishing along lake Erie.She is from Erie and can help. If every one who cares to drops here an e-mail with there concerns the right people will get a memo from the senator.East ave is now getting a badly needed restroom facility only took two years but the money is there and I just reviewed the final plans with the port authority. so team up and work on some money for your preferred bout launch.

http://www.senatorearll.com/contact.htm

Presquisleanglr
Avid Angler
RE: Walnut Creek ZOO 2007/08/11 16:08:09 (permalink)
Its no secret that the anglers have out grown the walnut creek facility and there is no immediate plans to improve.

I'm just throwing this out there I took a ride back over to shades beach, quite an impressive launch and it falls under public knowledge, in short any one can get their hands on blue prints , engineering, cost projection, bid awards and even the origin of grant money for a nominal fee.with this in hand one would have a leg up to pursue the same for walnut.two ramps the old ones and one directly east of the maintenance building. just the parking? I reviewed this with partners at pi-angler and there in with $200.00 to get the plans in hand. I'm sure poor Richard would be in and some others.All that is needed would be a heavy hitter from the west side to saddle this bronc and take it the full ride.I know the general contractor on the shades beach job, and I'm sure he will have some good incite or even blue prints that fell out of the job trailer.If you think your this person take a ride to shades look it over if you agree it would fit at walnut drop me a e-mail I'm in.a green card would be a plus.
Presquisleanglr
Avid Angler
RE: Walnut Creek ZOO 2007/08/12 19:07:22 (permalink)
Still no e-mail? Isn't there a retired angler out there of the professional or executive persuasion even slightly interested?

Lets review, a petition signed by a thousand licensed anglers(tax payers) requesting action.this should be easy enough and could not be disregarded.
A complete engineering study in hand for a ramp that is near completion that would be quite suitable for walnut.This I will get myself.
All cost and planing spelled out in detail due in hole to the present contract now being executed for a parallel ramp on the east side.(same lake same shoreline)
land is already occupied by the pfbc.
 A letter of intent along with a neat package of above reports ready to mail.

Now thats not a bad start.If nothing at all transpires from a little effort at least we the anglers will find out where the chink in the armor is. the Governor? a senator? the pfbc?
There are hundred of thousands of anglers tax dollars spent on toilet seats, door knobs, trips around the world,travel expenses to who know where? all we need is more access to a good fishing hole.

Don't let the chink show up on this end.

Carpet Bagger
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1834
RE: Walnut Creek ZOO 2007/08/12 21:50:16 (permalink)
id have to agree with the above....i made a second call into the PA F&B and NO CALLS BACK

CB
I never thought I'd say this, but I love my Sport-Craft!
Big Fathead
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 915
RE: Walnut Creek ZOO 2007/08/13 23:35:24 (permalink)
Help me I fallen and I cant get up!!!!
Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Jump to: