2008/07/12 14:16:09
bassinbrian

Here ya go Jimmy  
2008/07/12 15:44:47
mohawkriverdang
Nice snook dude . I aint no dead head but I can feel the music when I'm in the right state of mind . HUGE Floyd fan . wish I was born a decade earlier so I could have seen them more . I'm kinda new up in hera . ya see I reformatted my PC and added some stuff . Lost all my interweb stuff . So had to create a new account . Whateverthough . Added a G and restarted anew . 
Glad to see some new faces around here though . Welcome fellas .
 Wipe off your feet and dont pee on the seat . The beers in the back . 
2008/07/12 15:52:46
REEL FORCE
      Dang ...... 

Welcome to all the new guys .... 
2008/07/13 08:17:41
Inukshuk
ORIGINAL: Neversink Jimmy

Jimmy here...

I'm an ecologist for a worldwide environmental non-prof (Audubon International) and fish everyday...

Yes, everyday... 

When you're a 33yr old bachelor like me you can stay up late, drink beer for breakfast, and fish all you want...

I've got a little house on Snyders Lake in Rennsselaer County, NY and my little fishing boat is docked about 30ft from where I lay my head each night...

If anyone ever wants to come over for bass (SMB and LMB) and walleye- look me up...

My driveway turns into my own boat ramp...  Hard to beat...

I fish 'my' lake every evening after work and then get out to fish other local waters on weekends...  Having grown up in Niskayuna, the Mohawk between locks 7 & 8 is one of my faves...  The burgers at Jumpin' Jacks help that decision quite often...

Other weekends are spent in the Adirondacks with a map, full tank of gas, and my 14ft Starcraft on the trailer behind me...  Destination often unkonw until I get there...  Thats the beauty of the ADKs...  Want big trout?  No sweat...  Want big pike?  No problem...  Big Water? Small Water?  Rivers?  Creeks?  Crowds?  Solitude?

Whatever you want- Warren, Hamilton and Essex Co. have 'em...

These pics might typify my routines:

The Front Yard:

My Everglades Days (eight years as a National Park Ranger):

The Mohawks Finest Prize Fighters:

Neversink Jimmy;
Sounds like a great life.  I love the Adirondacks.  I used to do a lot of camping and fishing in the Moose River Plains(Hamilton Co. I think).  This is my favorite place on Earth.  Unfortunately have not had a chance to get up there in a few years.
2008/07/13 13:36:15
backin79
Originally, started here investigating reports for salmon river which I started fishing as soon as i was eligable for driving hence the name "backin79"  that's basically where it all started..still in nnj but have not hunted or fished in jersey well over a decade.. I love new york, been my passion to fish a number of gamefish species throughout most the confluences of the delaware basin these days. Awhile ago the ashokan which was the first reservoir up there that got me hooked to trout /walleye but the walleye are much harder to find these days in ashokan .. caught some this spring in region 7 and like that area too especially onieda lk. but it is too **** far from nj  Still shopping for a digital camera but want a really good point and shoot so I can get 5 stars ! lol I have been fishing four reserviors  2 boats on roundout /2 boats on pepacton/ 1 boat on ashokan (lower basin now) and a boat i was almost gonna take out if it weren't so dam muggy yesterday on the neversink. I been a die hard in pursuit of the monster trout in these impoundments for well over 20 years. Witnessed many changes good and bad and wish to support the quality of our fisheries state wide. Enjoy! 
2008/07/13 16:40:38
blitz42
what kinda boats you got? i'd love to get out there and hunt some real trout. i release most fish but as money gets tighter ( sister has to go to collage) i need to keep more.    I also really was to try for some walleye too.  BTW that light you were talkin about sounds good, i almost bought one.
2008/07/13 19:15:13
Perch Inc.
Just found this thread!! Hi all I'm Kevin from Poestenkill,NY!! Found this site througth REEL FORCE!! I hunt and fish just about every thing!! Looks like I'll have some fun on this site!!!
2008/07/13 19:19:43
REEL FORCE
Welcome abord Perch ,,,, 
2008/07/13 20:24:37
backin79
Blitz, in my early 20s I bought in the local want ad my first  12' pos jon boat to keep at the ashokan although it is still safe i rarely use it anymore, that boat is locked to a tree over at the roundout res... just a few seasons  later I bought more used rowboats  one more jon 14' now on the lower basin of ashokan ( don't go much there anymore either) My favorite two 14' and also two V hulls I like using are over at the pepacton another on the neversink and one on the roundouts deeper end. I own a crawdad too as well as a sit on top kayak i modified for the upper del. fishing and use to fish  all these  vessels alot more. I am still into it, just that I can't afford the time being everywhere like the good old days! lol I do not go much if any salmon fishing but do like to squeeze in a trip or two for pulaski steelhead in the late fall usually nov. or warm dec. But I have thousands of hours on all the reservoirs I mentioned. I also enjoy flyfishing alot of the catskill streams mainly above roscoe for those bragging size illusive natives/holdovers. Really would wish for an introduction of a state walleye reintroduction program for at least two prime candidates, the ashokan and pepacton which at one time had a well established self reproductory. I believe all will benefit, these impoundments are big enough to provide another gamefish which is much more rewarding on the plate!
2008/07/15 10:45:23
Neversink Jimmy
Thanks for getting my photos posted BassinBrian...  That was AWESOME of you to do that...

I've caught lots of snook in my life- but the one pictured was my best during my days in the 'Glades.  I think it weighed out at 21lbs...  They get a lot bigger- but the big females are really only around in the Summer and I was always out of FL for those months...  Kind of a 30-something "snowbird", if you will...  I am a full-blown tarpon ADDICT and still get down for a week each winter...  Tarpon (even little 20lbers) are rediculous...

And special thanks to Reel Force for letting me know about this site.  My workday production has gone completely down the toilet since that day- but I am pretty darn happy to find so many other anglers so close to home. 

And thanks to everyone for being so cool...  I like it here already!  And I promise not to pee on the seat (I will whizz outside)...  Hope you guys are catching more than me this week!  It's been a tough one for some reason!

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account