2008/07/01 16:33:11
REEL FORCE
Introduce yourself here if you're a new member. Also post here if you're looking for a fishing partner or have an open seat.
2008/07/01 20:11:03
bassinbrian
Hi my name is Brian, and i have a drinking problem LOL ... oh wait, wrong place  ...

Live in Greene county, I'm 35yrs old, NO kids, but we have 3 dogs that get treated better than most kids do LOL  My wife works with 2 different dog rescues, and is a realtor (if anybody is looking to sell or buy) hint hint LOL.

Besides my big passion of fishing, i am a huge NFL fan (Go Cowboys !!!!) Ride motorcycles (wife does too), like shooting my hand guns, love BBQ & beers !!! And just hanging out out home with my wife & dogs

I'm like 99.9% C&R when it comes to fishing ... here is a list of my best catches ...

-Striper 38" / 23lbs
-LMB 23"
-SMB 19"
-Pike 40"
-Perch 15"
-Crappie 14.75"
-Walleye 24"
-Pickerele 23"
-Carp 36"
-Brown Trout 19" (stream)
-Laker 25"

I work for a building material distributor in the capital region, going on 16yrs there. Not bad, close to home, easy hours, ok pay.

Other than that i am just an easy going country boy. Life is short, so have fun !!!!

Peace !
BB

2008/07/01 22:21:41
backin79
lol green county? no wonder! lol just kidding , you must get alot of bites out of the canonvilles reservior? west brach ? alot of nice ponds for brookies too there! alot of steep grade!
2008/07/11 12:48:56
Neversink Jimmy
Jimmy here...

I'm an ecologist for a worldwide environmental non-prof (Audubon International) and fish everyday...

Yes, everyday... 

When you're a 33yr old bachelor like me you can stay up late, drink beer for breakfast, and fish all you want...

I've got a little house on Snyders Lake in Rennsselaer County, NY and my little fishing boat is docked about 30ft from where I lay my head each night...

If anyone ever wants to come over for bass (SMB and LMB) and walleye- look me up...

My driveway turns into my own boat ramp...  Hard to beat...

I fish 'my' lake every evening after work and then get out to fish other local waters on weekends...  Having grown up in Niskayuna, the Mohawk between locks 7 & 8 is one of my faves...  The burgers at Jumpin' Jacks help that decision quite often...

Other weekends are spent in the Adirondacks with a map, full tank of gas, and my 14ft Starcraft on the trailer behind me...  Destination often unknown until I get there...  Thats the beauty of the ADKs...  Want big trout?  No sweat...  Want big pike?  No problem...  Big Water? Small Water?  Rivers?  Creeks?  Crowds?  Solitude?

Whatever you want- Warren, Hamilton and Essex Co. have 'em...

These pics might typify my routines:

The Front Yard:

My Everglades Days (eight years as a National Park Ranger):

The Mohawks Finest Prize Fighters:

2008/07/11 13:05:54
HookLineSinker
Sweet, got a fellow deadhead on board. I may have to take you up on the invite on "your" lake.

Doug here. I work as a chemical plant operator. I suck in toxic fumes all day, so be patient with me if I ever act strange.

Love all types of fishing, but walleye are my favorite.

Grew up in Westchester County. Came up here for lower property taxes, and my wife's job. We have a 2 year old daughter.

Been to about 200 dead shows, which also may explain my strange behavior.

I own a 16ft starcraft with a 40hp mariner. Like I've said earlier, all are welcome to join me. Unfortunately, my crazy work schedule along with family duties only allow me to get out fishing once or twice per week.
2008/07/11 14:27:24
Neversink Jimmy
Doug- if my photos posted you'd already be on your way here!

A Jerry fan and Starcraft owner...  Kindred spirits indeed...

I've already been deeply involved in a "How many heads on this site" discussion on another forum and you'd be stunned how many of us are still out there...  Cracks me up, really...  At 33, I was one of the youngest to chime in...

Jerry lost his finger on a camping and fishing trip with his family as a kid...  Apparently his father was quite an angler...

You're welcome here in North Greenbush anytime you wish...  Where are you at these days? I've tried to upload some pics but this site can't handle regular sized files too easily...  And I just can't resize everything...

2008/07/11 23:05:02
REEL FORCE
Welcome abord Jimmy - you'll find a great bunch of people here ...
2008/07/12 08:53:21
HookLineSinker
Jimmy, I'm in Clifton Park. Spend most of my days on the Mohawk as you can tell by most of my posts.

You're def. one of the youngest heads around. I'm not far behind at 38.

We'll definitely have to hook up for some fishin'.
2008/07/12 13:21:00
New York Yank
Hiya Jimmy-  I'm in Rensselaer Cty also, welcome aboard!  My cousin lived on Snyders Lake up til a couple years ago when he got married.  Beautiful spot.  
Myself- I work at for the Postal Service in Albany, evening shift. Married, 2 teenaged kids, boatless.  I will fish for whatever is biting whenever.  I ice fish in the winter, fish for trout in April, stripers and shad in May and bass/walleye/pike from June til winter. Maybe a little Salmon River action mixed in there too.
Not a deadhead but I sure hung out with a lot of em. Groovin' with nature, thats how I roll too. More of a Beatlebum or an Alice-in-Chains-head.
Anyway, enjoy the board, great bunch of guys. 
2008/07/12 14:01:00
blitz42
Hey all, i'm russell, I live in East Greenbush, and i fish for trout year round, as well as all other spiecies i can catch, working on getting a 14' aluminum rowboat for the 9.9 johnson we've got. Got, a coleman crawdad w/ minn kota endura 55 lb thrust with huming bird 565. I'm go'in in to my sophermore year and im always looking for new spots to fish. I wana hunt walleye next  

My bass rods are an allstar casting rod and a kistler spinning rod, both with pfleuger reels.
My backups are falcon lowriders. with pfleugers or garcia reels.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account