2008/10/26 14:31:48
cooljauman
**** thats a big carp

the face that guy is making is priceless

looks like he is takin a sh1t!
2008/10/27 11:05:48
Deadbolt401
Lol it does dude, but if you holding that monster, wouldn't your face be strained!

Nice to see carp getting respect!
2008/10/28 08:43:58
mikelravy
Seems like there should be a separate record for wild carp.  Any UK caught fish is suspicious to me.
2008/10/28 12:29:13
pacarper
ORIGINAL: mikelravy

Seems like there should be a separate record for wild carp.  Any UK caught fish is suspicious to me.

The recent mirror carp record fish were caught from France.  They are more like pets and are fed so many HNV boilies, they have no choice but to get huge.

Here's the history of the current record fish with the its weight listed for all its captures:
http://www.lukemoffatt.com/carp/carp_scarredfish.shtml
2008/10/28 15:39:53
mikelravy
Rather get one of those 50s from St Laurence than a fat out of shape tame fish from a pond in Europe.  I guess I'm mad cause Kevin Maddox wouldn't send me my free t shirt for the 35lber I got on his boilies in Canada.
2009/03/26 13:29:40
pacarper
Well, looks like the world record common carp has been broken again--------same fish as previous record, but reportedly a few ounces heavier at 85lbs. 1 oz.:

http://xtra.carptalk-online.co.uk/wedr84/index.html

The overall world record (mirror carp) is holding at 91 lbs.

2009/03/26 13:44:51
mikeg
In my opinion, that carp is (was) one of those "genetically enhanced" fish. Similiar to those monster rainbows.
I'm not too fimiliar with it, so anyone know what im talking about, help a brotha out!
2009/03/26 14:18:22
pacarper
ORIGINAL: mikeg

In my opinion, that carp is (was) one of those "genetically enhanced" fish. Similiar to those monster rainbows.
I'm not too fimiliar with it, so anyone know what im talking about, help a brotha out!

Not sure about genetically enhanced (possibly), more likely that carp, named Mary is nutritionally enhanced.  If you'd slice its gut open, a load of boilies would probably spill out.  The Euros like to feed the carp over there tons of "HNV boilies" when baiting up.
2009/03/26 14:40:54
mikeg
I didn't think of that. Very true!
No different than those catfish farms, where you can catch 40 blues 'till your arms give out!
2009/03/31 00:21:30
accordbw
Only thing is with some of the ponds overseas they are not overly stocked so with guys fishing every single day and like Steve said they are using a hnv (high nutritional value bait) they get very large.With a lot of places here that get heavy angler action you can see a lot of those fish getting larger as well over time. I would probably break my back if I went to lift one of those bad boys up though. lol

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account