2024/04/04 01:58:04
crappiefisher
 This past summer I was picking up some large antique wagon wheel chandeliers at (The Lodge at Water's Edge) at SR Creek and watched a guy in a yak catch a very nice Muskie.
2024/04/04 10:44:04
Irisheyeball
If I were inclined to go, I'd head for the highest elevations.  Wondering if stockies hold their place in these conditions or if they get washed away?
2024/04/04 11:10:11
crappiefisher
 Was told by the Fish Fuzz they stay put and don't move far in these conditions. I know the wild Trout I have fished for during high water events they get out of the main current and stay in the puddles = easy Pickens.

Son went to check on his place between Connie Lake and Linesville yesterday. There is a small stream that goes through his yard and had a load of compost not far from it. He said the crick was fine and nothing flooded. Purdy sure the brunt of this was below rt. 80 so might be good to head north for the first day depending how fast streams recess Butler / Lawrence Co. -- south.  
2024/04/04 11:25:36
crappiefisher
 Fished Little Sugar up that way a good bit back in the day. Nice little stream from what I remember. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eX28cgKHHyc
2024/04/04 11:48:43
Porktown
Luckily this all came mid-week. If this came on Saturday, I’m sure we’d be hearing about a lot more search and rescues. Not that we likely won’t hear about these this weekend. There will be fishable water for the weekend for those looking in the right places. Guys just need to realize that they shouldn’t be wading in anything swift. Especially after drinking a six pack for breakfast…

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account