2024/04/03 15:58:15
MyWar
The point is under water. Looks like the forecast is for the three rivers to crest at around 27 ft. Just two ft shy of flooding river ave and the bike trail on the north side.

At least the rain has been slow enough that millvale and etna didn’t flood. Yet.
MyWar
The point is under water. Looks like the forecast is for the three rivers to crest at around 27 ft. Just two ft shy of flooding river ave and the bike trail on the north side.

At least the rain has been slow enough that millvale and etna didn’t flood. Yet.
MyWar

2024/04/03 17:12:54
Porktown
I think those two typically flood from debris damming in the pipe areas of the creeks.  Hopefully they were cleared out recently.  Likely going to need cleared out after this is done.

This was actually on my Accuweather forecast for Saturday.

"A couple of morning showers; otherwise, breezy and chilly with some sun; a bad day to be a fish; brisk and chilly for the trout opener"

Pretty cool they put that in there, but I am pretty sure most fish will be safe from anglers on Saturday.  I would still bet there will be some areas that are fishable by Sunday.  It hasn't rained more than a light sprinkle here since about 11AM.  Most creeks around here are drainage ditches that clear pretty quickly.  They are raging now, but pretty sure all of the soaking rain is done.  A few showers from now until Saturday, which won't help, but supposed to get the major downpours.  Not sure if there will be any trout left in those ditch creeks though?  I have a feeling we will be hearing of a lot more trout being caught in the 3 rivers this year.  The mouths of those creeks are probably going to be hot spots when the creeks get to a nice level.  The river fish will move in there to get out of the river current and meet up with stunned pellet heads.  I imagine many of those trout will be on the lower end of the food chain. 
2024/04/03 17:52:39
rippinlip
C:\Users\Owner\Pictures\flood1.jpg
2024/04/03 18:40:00
LDD
Go upstream, fish with crawlers in pockets, fill your pockets with beer, sleep in the truck...happy opening day! 
2024/04/03 23:27:45
BloodyHand
We gonna smash em! C'mup here and fish, and check out the eclipse with the family 

BH
2024/04/03 23:30:11
MyWar
crappiefisher
https://www.butlereagle.c...tqoSmrQ6C_Oc2gt_iFzgEU

Is it worth checking this river out for some wading or whatever in the summer? There are some sections that are probably like a 30 minute drive for me. Looks like renfrew is about 40 minutes. I’m wondering if it would be a good spot to hit after work.
2024/04/04 00:43:27
crappiefisher
 That stretch near Renfrew gets pretty warm by the end of May. Found a couple cool water feeders where the fish congregate. Better off fishing way down stream from there after May. Nice area where the Connie & SR Meet the Beaver in Elwood City but don't have to go near that far down for summer. Haven't fished Big Connie in over 35 years.  I'm sure there is way more  posted stretches now than then.    

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account