2024/07/22 15:59:19
r3g3
Dems are in a box--They know Harris has less going for her than Joe even did--Heck she basically lost the primary to him coming in about last.
However they cant bounce a box checking woman off of the ticket, she may even get a short poll increase because of that- doubt it will last  though as her reputation wont really change and now she must speak more and will be critiqued.
Any debate against Trump will  be about as successful as joes was lol,
2024/07/22 16:42:27
Porktown
bigfoot
Well pork, if I remember you posted awhile back that you would be glad when the election was over.
Looks like ya got your enthusiasm back!
Another yogism: “it ain’t over till it’s over.”

Still stand by it being over. Just got off of vacation and can only handle about an hour or two of work before needing to take a break. I’m pretty limited in what I can waste time on during work hours. People need to post more fishing reports to help my breaks be more productive!
2024/07/22 16:55:52
MyWar
Mitchell
That confirms my suspicion that Obama and Pelosi have been in charge and running the govenment since the '20 election, 'cause most of the time Biden was in the dark about what's going on. Pelosi ain't the leader anymore; Jeffries is the minority leader, and yet the media and the upper echelons of the 'Crat party don't seem to even give him the time of day. If they get Harris booted off the ticket, the 'Crat party can kiss the minority vote goodbye.

Definitely some tinfoil hat stuff in here, but as far as Pelosi, I don’t think it’s a secret that she is still an extremely influential voice in the party. She also goes way way way back with Biden, and if she was telling him he needs to seriously consider stepping aside, I’ll bet he listened.

It makes way more sense coming from her than Jeffries because Pelosi and Biden have been friends and colleagues for what, 30 or 40 years? Jeffries is part of the next generation. Pelosi’s career is just about over, and she was wise enough to step down from a leadership position when it was the right time, which makes it even more significant if she told Biden to do the same.

Obama has absolutely nothing to do with actually running government now though. But like Pelosi, he is very well respected, so when he talks, people listen.

I don’t think it’s any more complicated or mysterious than that.
2024/07/22 17:51:58
r3g3
Think War just hit some nails on the head.
Still wondering about the Clintons though, cant figure out if they just joined the fray lately or if Hillary is sniffing around trying to run,  although they did just endorse Harris.
Also kinda think if Harris didnt fill some boxes the Dems appreciate she could get bounced even now, But dont think they have the guts even though some would  like to see someone else on top.
2024/07/22 19:23:50
crappiefisher
 She already has enough support and is running. Over 83 million raised in a day. 
2024/07/22 19:35:25
crappiefisher
 If her campaign will go after Trump hard like this she has a decent chance to win against the old fart.   https://www.realclearpoli...imary_campaign_ad.html

Interest in the Harris campaign surges

More than 28,000 new volunteers have registered to join Harris’ campaign since Biden chose to withdraw his candidacy and bestow his campaign infrastructure to his VP. It’s a rate more than 100 times an average day from the previous Biden reelection campaign, underscoring the enthusiasm behind Harris.

2024/07/22 20:44:01
r3g3
Face it she has long been thought of as a wingnut--have to think they are putting a best foot forward drumming up support. Heck she couldnt even stay in the campaign  4 years ago for lack of support.
Cant blame them though for trying to paint a big rosy picture after the mayhem of  the past few weeks,
2024/07/23 01:30:34
crappiefisher
 Yeah, over a 100 million raised since Biden stepped down. Will just be nice to see someone that can skip or dance up and down those stairs while boarding or getting off at the landing strips from now on 

Hold my breath when watching Biden or Trump on the stairs. 

Watched some of the LARGE black events she has attended in the past few years. Seems to have had great times (fun) and the crowds seemed to love her.  

Seems she was strict / demanding to the people below her from my research. Reason for not being popular. A VP should be just that if you ask me.  
2024/07/23 02:03:50
crappiefisher
 Yeah this debate wasn't so great LOL!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8EQFhj8ca4

2024/07/23 07:21:59
Porktown
But what is her golf handicap? You know, what really matters when being POTUS!

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account