2024/07/17 20:30:56
snagr
JerryS
crappiefisher
Here is a better example of a 22 RIM FIRE compared to the .223
https://www.ammoforsale.c...0than%20the%2022%20LR!

Crappie,
Good article that properly compares the two calibers.  Much better than comparing the .223 to "throwing a rock" or a trout magnet.

The "5.56 was designed to wound, not kill", is just a silly myth.  The caliber was primarily created to lighten the carry load and to reduce recoil.

Jerry, a few years back you didn’t even know that shotgun shells had plastic hulls on em. I’ve seen quite a few folks who know little about guns and ammo this week show a picture of a 5.56 bullet and say, “There’s no way a bullet this big wouldn’t rip a person’s ear to shreds!” Because they don’t know that the casing stays in the rifle.

I’m not saying a bullet did or didn’t hit Trump’s ear. But I showed the pics so that maybe some folks could see that it’s possible to get grazed by a projectile of that size in a very soft part of the body and not get torn to shreds.

Which brings me to this.

Close your eyes and think real hard now about your claim that DarD posted a silly myth …

What will a lighter load with less recoil do in a combat situation compared to a heavier load with more recoil?

Read some accounts from combat veterans and what they have to say about this load in combat situations.
2024/07/17 21:25:43
JerryS
snagr,
For what it is worth, I had second thoughts and removed my "cheap shot" comment before I saw your response.

I think you have me confused with someone else since I have been hunting with plastic hull shells since I was 12 (1973).

You ask" What will a lighter load with less recoil do in a combat situation compared to a heavier load with more recoil?"  The smaller 5.56 NATO ammo was lighter so the military was able to carry more.  The lower recoil allowed the shooter to reacquire the target faster between rounds and it also made automatic fire easier.  The result was a more efficient combat weapon.  It may have wounded many, but that was not the designed intention.

2024/07/17 22:11:06
MyWar
Biden has covid.

Imagine the timeline where both presidential candidates die within a week of each other.

I feel like the craziest shiit in 2024 is yet to come.
2024/07/17 22:15:45
MyWar
Oh my what will the republicans say now after three days of preaching that it’s not cool to celebrate somebody’s death and “tone down the rhetoric”.
2024/07/17 22:24:52
snagr
JerryS
snagr,
For what it is worth, I had second thoughts and removed my "cheap shot" comment before I saw your response

I think you have me confused with someone else since I have been hunting with plastic hull shells since I was 12 (1973).

My apologies then sir.

Didn’t see the cheap shot comment so no big deal
2024/07/17 22:29:50
crappiefisher
fishin coyote

And while you're at it for just a measly $299 more you can get these shoes so you can run like heck. Sorry only 3 per order. 
2024/07/18 08:05:36
eyesandgillz
MyWar
Oh my what will the republicans say now after three days of preaching that it’s not cool to celebrate somebody’s death and “tone down the rhetoric”.

My God, you are delusional....you need a d_amn vacation or something. TDS is ruining your life.
2024/07/18 09:33:54
MyWar
eyesandgillz
MyWar

My God, you are delusional....you need a d_amn vacation or something. TDS is ruining your life.

You think I’m delusional huh?

Tell me something, when JD Vance spoke at the convention last night and said the republicans were gonna get “tough on wall st”, did you believe him?
2024/07/18 10:03:34
psu_fish
MyWar
eyesandgillz
MyWar

You think I’m delusional huh?

You are very delusional  
2024/07/18 11:20:46
fishin coyote
crappiefisher,  LMAO that's great.  Wonder how many dummies will buy them  

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account