2024/07/16 17:18:12
crappiefisher
 No problem DG, Would nice to be young again. Have glaucoma now . Up over 190 Groundhogs shot with a .22 cal. open sights in the yard at camp in the last 4 years. The Vultures and Eagles like me.

Hope MTG can control herself from here on out. The commentators on this video don't know much about guns but get the point across even better if the cal. would actually have the capabilities of exploding. Her and her family filled the car up with explosives plus a 55 gallon drum not shown in this clip. Past time to tone it down from our Gov. employees.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2RdZRORfyY

2024/07/16 18:59:35
Mitchell
MyWar
Come to think of it… Why should my tax dollars pay for all the extra security at those stupid trump rallies? They don’t serve any purpose other feeding trumps ego.

Come to think of it... Why should my tax dollars pay for all the extra security at any of the places where Biden, (or any of the democrats), hold a rally or a press session publicly? All they do is spread hate, vitriol, and discontent among the populace.
2024/07/17 08:32:35
DarDys
Going back to my original questions:

1) is this now the standard level of security by the USSS?

2) is this the standard level for candidate because it’s not the President?

3) is this the level of security because it was Trump as candidate?

Now that it has been widely reported that there was a credible threat from Iran on Trump and his security was actually INCREASED, question has to be asked:

If increased security permitted a shooter with a rifle within 150 yards, what did security look like before the change?

(Turn on sarcasm font)

Was it Sheriff Andy and Barney (the deputy, not the purple guy)?

(Turn off sarcasm font)
2024/07/17 13:57:02
DeadGator401
DarDys
Going back to my original questions:

1) is this now the standard level of security by the USSS?

2) is this the standard level for candidate because it’s not the President?

3) is this the level of security because it was Trump as candidate?

Now that it has been widely reported that there was a credible threat from Iran on Trump and his security was actually INCREASED, question has to be asked:

If increased security permitted a shooter with a rifle within 150 yards, what did security look like before the change?

(Turn on sarcasm font)

Was it Sheriff Andy and Barney (the deputy, not the purple guy)?

(Turn off sarcasm font)

Yeah, these are all valid and good points. 

I seriously doubt at this point there's some conspiracy or it's staged, simply because of the shooter and what we know about him now. 

I'm leaning towards a breakdown and just a bad job by Local authorities and poor oversight by the SS. 

2024/07/17 15:02:22
snagr
DeadGator401
Good info gun folks - thanks!

To give you a little more perspective in comparison to something you're probably familiar with . . . 

This is a .22 lr bullet in comparison to a 1/64 oz trout magnet jig head.  My only black gun is a 12 gauge, so I don't have any .223/5.56 bullets on hand.  

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met

The dark gray part is just shy of 1/2 inch long and that's the actual projectile.  A .223 is has a diameter of .003" bigger than this and the projectile is - I think - just shy of 3/4" long.  

The shiny part is called the casing, and it holds the gun powder.  I'm not saying you do, but I have seen some people on social media that think that the brass casing is also flying through the air.  It's not.  

So the projectile fired from a .223 is roughly 1.5 times the diameter of a 1/64 oz trout magnet jig head and a little shorter.  

dardys did an excellent job of explaining what it does downrange.  

Attachment(s)

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met
2024/07/17 15:16:23
JerryS
Jan 6, 2021:
 After being warned that Secret Service was denying entry to people who tried to pass through magnetometers armed with guns, bear spray, knives and brass knuckles, Trump delivered new instructions to those working the checkpoints.  “I don’t **** care that they have weapons. They are not here to hurt me. Take the **** mags away. Let my people in. They can march to the Capitol from here"

Two thoughts come to mind:
            Maybe he shouldn't trust his people.
            Why did he want the Capitol mob to have guns?

2024/07/17 16:56:27
crappiefisher
Here is a better example of a 22 RIM FIRE compared to the .223
https://www.ammoforsale.c...0than%20the%2022%20LR!

2024/07/17 17:10:58
crappiefisher
 Here is a comparison of the same size Trout Magnet to the 50 caliber cartridge. The round MTG fires from her campaign ad gun giveaway...

Oh well won't let me load the pictures I took side by side. The 50 cal. 740 Grain solid brass levels out at over 500 yards smh. 

2024/07/17 18:29:08
JerryS
crappiefisher
Here is a better example of a 22 RIM FIRE compared to the .223
https://www.ammoforsale.c...0than%20the%2022%20LR!

Crappie,
Good article that properly compares the two calibers.   

The "5.56 was designed to wound, not kill", is just a silly myth.  The caliber was primarily created to lighten the carry load and to reduce recoil.
2024/07/17 20:03:23
fishin coyote

Attachment(s)

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account