2024/07/15 13:45:11
crappiefisher
 People had umbrellas at that rally.  Obama said SS protection was the worst part of being a president. He couldn't go anywhere without being protected by them. He hated living a life like that.

You can stream broadcast interviews that the head of Secret Service was asked about the security to some of your questions.
2024/07/15 14:17:42
snagr
DeadGator401
I don't know - but clicking on your link, you must assume set up. I don't really go into those things much. 

Dang man, I'm an anti vax Covid truther, not a presidential candidate assassination truther. 

No, I don't assume that this was a set up and don't lean towards it, although those hot takes are certainly out there on social media.  

If it were an organized set up, I think Trump would be dead (likely from one or a handful of center mass GSW's from greater distance with a different weapon), no bystanders would have been shot, and there wouldn't be any questions about the operations.  

I think the ONLY way this could have been a set up would have been from a very small number of bad actors within one of the agencies (USSS all the way down to sheriff's deputies) tasked with security, and they would have had to have been within the theater of operations.  In my mind, this is the ONLY way that a set up is an infinitesimally small possibility and would not have come from anyone within the Biden administration, the DNC, heads of government agencies, etc.  But I think this would also mean that those bad actors would have known there would be a willing assassin, and the infinitesimally small possibility gets even smaller.  

DeadGator401
I think the the likely reason was there was a gap in security, of whomever was supposed to watch the mid range stuff. 

I also think this is the likely reason.  And I think DarDys did a great job summarizing the questions that should be asked and answered to understand why there was a gap in security.  

2024/07/15 14:35:29
snagr
MyWar

You’re talking to the anti vax covid truther guy so who knows what kind of wild conspiracy stuff he’s getting at.

You seem really on edge the last few days bud.  

2024/07/15 14:42:57
psu_fish
Irisheyeball
I'm no expert, but I'm betting that the final reports will confirm that Trump was not shot, but rather was struck by glass or some other type of shrapnel.
There's evidence coming forward from witnesses to support this, however, the fact that lying Trump himself found it necessary to state a rather dumb-sounding redundancy that he was "shot by a bullet" is evidence enough that he wasn't. 

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
2024/07/15 15:09:31
crappiefisher
Who comes up with this stuff? LOL!

2024/07/15 15:48:00
crappiefisher
J.D.V 
2024/07/15 16:18:18
DeadGator401
DarDys
DeadGator401
snagr
DeadGator401
More info's coming out - how on earth did this dude get up there, THAT CLOSE?

Everybody knows what the two possibilities are.  Go ahead and say them out loud.

https://x.com/culturewar2...xszTag2PjoCJe_rYcbIY6Q

I don't know - but clicking on your link, you must assume set up. I don't really go into those things much. 

I think the the likely reason was there was a gap in security, of whomever was supposed to watch the mid range stuff. 

So, I go back to the original questions;

1) Is this now the level of Secret Service security?

2) Is this the level of Secret Service security for a candidate and not the President?

3) Is this the level of security because it was candidate Trump?

No insinuation, no conspiracy theory, just questions.

I'd imagine that the security for a sitting President vs Candidate varies greatly. Probably the reason here if I read your post correctly?

snagr
DeadGator401

Dang man, I'm an anti vax Covid truther, not a presidential candidate assassination truther. 

No, I don't assume that this was a set up and don't lean towards it, although those hot takes are certainly out there on social media.  

If it were an organized set up, I think Trump would be dead (likely from one or a handful of center mass GSW's from greater distance with a different weapon), no bystanders would have been shot, and there wouldn't be any questions about the operations.  

I think the ONLY way this could have been a set up would have been from a very small number of bad actors within one of the agencies (USSS all the way down to sheriff's deputies) tasked with security, and they would have had to have been within the theater of operations.  In my mind, this is the ONLY way that a set up is an infinitesimally small possibility and would not have come from anyone within the Biden administration, the DNC, heads of government agencies, etc.  But I think this would also mean that those bad actors would have known there would be a willing assassin, and the infinitesimally small possibility gets even smaller.  

DeadGator401

I also think this is the likely reason.  And I think DarDys did a great job summarizing the questions that should be asked and answered to understand why there was a gap in security.  

The tweet you linked says it "proves it was a setup" so I was going off that. 

2024/07/15 16:20:55
DeadGator401
Two more things - some of you more experienced gun guys can comment on this as you'd have the knowledge. Is it possible for a .223 round (assuming that is what was fired) to just pierce a part of the ear? I'd think it would cause way more damage once it hit something, like an ear, even if it's a soft part. 

Also, JDV is a headscratcher. Feel like if he went moderate, he'd really up the chances of winning. Guess he's going for the Rust belt type blue collar vote? 

2024/07/15 16:41:28
crappiefisher
A solid point doesn't expand, a hollow or soft point wouldn't expand on a very thin soft tissue like nipping the top of a ear. Maybe a .17 or .22 cal. rim fire would somewhat,  but lead is way harder than a tip of flesh. Since it was a AR-15 it would have been a centerfire. They had a AR-15 up for raffle at todays convention  

2024/07/15 17:25:15
r3g3
Have done security as a cop for 2 VP visits--a guy with a long gun at 130 yards climbing onto  roof and achieving his goal is kinda unbelievable,

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account