2023/01/15 12:18:25
dpms
Did an all day hunt today. Finally got some cold temps and a skiff of snow. Turned out to be a great day with deer moving all day. Saw 26 deer. Missed one at 9 and connected on a big nanny at 4:05. Nothing like the smell of blackpowder on the last Saturday. Pretty happy after scoring on a coyote and a doe with the flinter. 

Attachment(s)

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met
2023/01/15 12:19:37
dpms
Anybody else have any flintlock success? 
2023/01/15 14:10:59
DarDys
Congrats!

A deer with a flintlock is something special, but coupled with the coyote is amazing.
2023/01/15 15:21:39
fishin coyote
Congrats Gene, No success on my end yet still got another hunt to go. I’ve passed up a few so if I don‘t get one it’s on me for not taking a shot earlier.  Ran into to town a little while ago(around 1) and the deer were out in almost every field on the way 
2023/01/15 17:49:59
dpms
fishin coyote
 Ran into to town a little while ago(around 1) and the deer were out in almost every field on the way 

Yep. This weekend was a great time to be a deer hunter for those dedicated enough to hunt the late season. I always say that the deer hunting in late season is better if it is cold than most of October, late November and December. 

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account