2022/12/10 11:40:27
eyesandgillz
I gave up.  Went Thursday night with the bow, just a doe and 2 fawns kicked out walking in.  Might head out some for late season.   Definitely need to make some changes and find some new spots for next year...
2022/12/10 18:04:10
fishin coyote
Big fat zero on the last day.
Had chances on doe all season that I passed so I can’t complain. Time to get out the smoke pole.
2022/12/10 23:31:37
BloodyHand
Blanked. Typical last day where im at. I think i might retire the powder blaster. Im more confident and accurate with the bow at 50 yards, than I am with the smoke pole.

BH

2022/12/11 17:38:48
dpms
Me and a few guys from camp took Friday off to make it a long weekend for the last Saturday. I toted the 22/250 again looking for a coyote and I was the only one to see a buck. I had three bucks come past dogging a doe in the afternoon. One was a pretty decent 8 point. My daughter has been sick at college and got a call about 4 Friday afternoon from the wife that she was getting worse so I headed back to camp, packed up and headed home. We drove a few hours to her school early Saturday and took her to the ER. After a horrendously long visit there she came back positive for mono.  First weekend of deer season I have missed in over 26 years but family first.........
2022/12/12 16:16:13
Moses Guthrie
Not sure if it was the weather or just no one hunting anymore but by the afternoon of first day thru the rest of gun season there seemed to be no one in the woods in the areas of 2D and 2F I hunted. Between 5 of us, we took a dozen does and I was the only one of the 4 of us with buck tags to connect with a buck, a scrubby 5pt without brow tines the second Saturday. We had 4 other shots at bucks that didn't connect and a few smaller legal bucks passed on the first day. A few deer drives put up old school herds of does. Flintlock season should be fun.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account