2022/09/16 18:47:18
fisherofmen376
So are they up to rahht 5 yet????

Hope everyone (those that are left here anyway) has a good steelie season.  Merry Christmas and Happy New year also!
2022/09/16 20:03:35
Wally Cat
Haven't posted on this site for many years and rarely even look at it. I too am interested in information about the movement of fish in the streams. It's been about 10 years since I fished for steel and was hoping to get up sometime this year and drown some bait. When it starts to happen, any information would be helpful. I don't need large numbers, if they are there, I'll find them. 

2022/09/16 21:30:38
Porktown
I’m liking this thread already. 2 hours and 2 OGs posting. Hope the steel run has more checking in.
2022/09/17 11:51:30
graveydavey
15 anglers at Trout Run this morning.
2022/09/17 15:47:51
Porktown
80 degrees and sunny is perfect conditions to drag a steel or two around on a stringer for a few hours. Nature’s tenderize!
2022/09/17 17:33:17
Wally Cat
Well Pork it's OK if some folks want to keep a few but I usually don't unless I hurt one. Just like to feel and/or see the strike occur and that sudden rush of power. It's amazing how fast those fish can turn, chase down your bait and eat it. 
2022/09/18 07:18:26
Redneck Tourist
I just checked out that Trout Run livestream and fish are definately there! Bunch of guys fishing.....some catching......and if you look real close when the camera pans that way, you can see the fish swimming around in the shallow water at the mouth of the creek. Can't wait to go!.....but it'll be a few weeks from now till I make the 4 1/2 hr trip to Erie. I had a great time up there last year and caught more fish than I ever have......big ones too!
2022/09/18 09:25:39
Porktown
Wally Cat
Well Pork it's OK if some folks want to keep a few but I usually don't unless I hurt one. Just like to feel and/or see the strike occur and that sudden rush of power. It's amazing how fast those fish can turn, chase down your bait and eat it. 

I ate the last steelhead that I caught. It went on ice about 5 minutes after catching and bleeding it and came out great. I’ve had fish treated like noted and they tasted like garbage. With the current conditions, if planning to keep any fish, better plan accordingly. Or good chance that it ends up in a garbage can. People can legally do what they want with fish they catch, but I think most of us would rather they not be wasted.
2022/09/20 08:23:38
rippinlip
Saw some wannabee internet heros with a limit on stringers (no yellow rope) on Facebook yesterday. They whacked them during the rainstorm which is code for snagfest in the Manchester Hole. hopE tHis HelPa

2022/09/20 13:38:44
fisherofmen376
The blood is pumpin and the feesh are runnin!  
Actually, its early yet, but temps are dropping, especially overnight lows.  Some precip is beginning to come.  I'm sure the wall is populated with fish and peeps!

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account