2022/10/21 20:13:15
Moses Guthrie
I missed a little over a week with the Rona. Today was my first day back at it saw 3 does n a4 pt in the morning. One small doe this evening. My son had a better evening seeing 4 does, a smaller 8 and a 5 pt. Alot of fresh scrapes seen on my wall in. Got 8 days off starting next Friday. Will spend most of it in the stand.
2022/10/24 12:22:22
eyesandgillz
Worst season for me, in my memory, hunting 2B.  Finally saw my first "buck", if you can call it that, Sat. morning.  Spike that probably could have been shot as a doe.  Saw a doe as well.  Did get down around 9:45am to walk out the bench I was hunting to scout a little.  Kicked out a smaller racked buck and a doe and a couple fawns about 50 yds from my trail camera.  Not sure if they were bedded or working my way and stopped when the fellas on the hillside above me started weed whacking at 9:15am.  Oh the joy of hunting the suburbs.  

Did get a surprise on my trail cam and got vid of a bobcat.  First for me.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDzlIbWC2Dc
2022/10/24 14:41:01
dpms
I have passed on some does. Finally had a shooter buck on camera in the daylight. 9:30 and 11:30 he was moving past one of my stands last week. I went in there this weekend and had deer around me but elected to hold off in case he was around, which he wasn't. 
2022/10/27 09:04:20
eyesandgillz
Deer were moving around last night with the cooler, wet weather and wind.  Kicked a buck out on the walk in (didn't see horns, just the tail, but smelled the tarsal glands when I walked the path he took off on).  Saw the saw 3 or 4 doe multiple times from the stand starting at 5:30pm and until it got dark.  The one doe was being pushed by a small 3 or 4 point and she wanted nothing to do with him  I put out one drop of doe in heat once I was up in the stand and let it hit the ground an then put some Evercalm on a branch up high.  The one doe was downwind of me multiple times, knew something was up....but I think the mixture of scents (including mine), had her confused as she kept circling and coming back.  Strong wind probably diluted my scent somewhat too and it is VERY suburban so, that came into play as well.  Almost hit a 2.5 yr old 6 or 8 point on my way back home, saw a bunch more deer along the road live and plenty of roadkills.  Kicking myself for not being in the stand this morning.
2022/10/29 11:28:08
thunderpole
Hunted Thurs evening saw 5 does and a big 9 I was targeting coming on a string, caught me grabbing my bow and busted me. No option for a shot. This am I seen 2 does and at 720 rattled in another target 9pt , caught a wiff of me it was so calm. No shot again, needed to take 2 steps. He has no idea how close he was to taking a ride in the Honda
2022/10/31 08:17:20
dpms
Still have not laid my eyes on a legal buck in daylight. My rutcation starts this Wednesday but the weather looks like it is going to be warm and the moon getting brighter. A recipe for great night time activity and slowwwwww during the day. 
2022/10/31 15:06:52
eyesandgillz
Got a vid of a decent one finally.  Seems to have a lot of points on his right side. 
I moved this camera to one of 4 new scrapes about 100 yds from this location.  Hopefully it is him making the scrapes.  Only a few videos over the 3+ weeks this cam was out so not a place I want to spend a lot of time.

https://youtu.be/7oHc023QAS8
2022/11/05 19:30:19
dpms
Slowest November for me ever thus far based on the records I keep. The highlight thus far was having a bobcat walk directly under my stand this morning. I sure hope it picks up next week. The weather is not helping. My best day so far is two bucks seen. 
2022/11/06 07:27:41
Moses Guthrie
Hunted every day since last Friday. All day each day with the exception of the last two afternoons off cause of the heat but only seen 3 legal bucks and 11 bucks total. Slow for me as well. Stopped at the taxidermist last night, he said it seems to be way behind a typical year for deer coming into his shop.
2022/11/06 08:06:31
thunderpole
Wednesday night I grunted a nice 8pt in he slipped in down wind and got me. I was in an absolute mess of tangles there was no shot. Thursday I had a big 6pt cruise by and find a doe he chased here around until dark. My buddy shot a great 8pt that evening. I did not hunt Friday or Saturday. Waiting for a drop in Temps

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account