2022/09/17 10:49:19
eyesandgillz
My body decided to sleep in this AM.  Hopefully some of ya had some luck.  Wasn't highly motivated after I checked my trail cams at my close property this week and found another trail cam 10 yds away from one of them that wasn't there before so moved it and at the other camera, saw two guys in street clothes checking out the woods that then spotted my cam.  Good thing is, it was still there.   Think they may be oil well workers checking the two wells on this property since there were fresh truck tracks in the puddles.   A shame since I saw what looked like a decent racked buck on the cam but it was blurry since it was running, so hard to tell for sure.   

I was whooped anyways.  Took a vacay day yesterday up to the MILs who is still recovering from breast cancer surgery.   Dropped off a truckload of wood I gathered up earlier this week then cut another load while I was up there.  Then, spent 2.5 hours weed eating her yard while the wife cut on the zero turn.  3 acres of lawn with multiple out buildings,sheds, fenced garden, trees, pond and rock walls/landscaping make for a lot of trimming esp. When most hasn't been done all summer.
2022/09/19 07:52:11
dpms
Ended up seeing 4 deer. Bumped 3 on the walk in for the evening hunt and had a doe at 22 yards that never gave me a good angle. It felt good to be back in a tree. 
2022/09/26 07:49:40
dpms
This past Saturday afternoon movement was really early. I ended up seeing 6 does and a small buck. Everything was before 4:30. Almost got a shot at a doe walking in. She was feeding on acorns and I got to about 25 yards before she made me out. I never did get a clear shot. The rest were too far. 
2022/09/26 09:07:33
eyesandgillz
Only one deer seen on stand so far, in two sits, and it was a small doe (I think).  

Went Saturday afternoon near where I shot my 9 point least year where I was getting fairly regular movement and nothing but squirrels and chippies.  Went home to check my trail camera there and a 1.5 hrs before I got there on Sat., a guy was walking his dog in the woods.  Went by at 2pm ish and saw him coming back through at 330ish.  Could explain the "no movement" there.  

Just found out my one honey hole up north near Gibsonia got sold and closed in late August.  Never even got the chance to hunt there last year or put a camera out.  Need to write a letter to see if I can secure permission from the new owners.  Not hopeful though.
2022/09/26 13:12:16
fishin coyote
I'm not in an SRA but have a camera on an oak that's dropping and last week it had 700+ videos on it.  Strangely most of the bucks were late morning early afternoon feeders. Good luck to those who are getting out this weekend
2022/10/05 16:11:11
Moses Guthrie
Season has been pretty decent so far, sat in the rain first day saw 6 does and one deer I couldn't make out. Monday morning had 8 does and a smaller 7 pt feed through from daybreak till 930 and then this morning had 6 does come through. Had easy shooting on big does each morning but a drag of about 2 miles had me watch them go by. Back at it Saturday.
2022/10/06 10:11:19
eyesandgillz
I have seen one small doe here in 2B, on 5 or 6 sits so far.  Not looking like it will be a good early season for me.  Cams have doe on them in spots but I have been getting a lot of people and yotes too.  Oh well.  

Hopefully it gets better as the season progresses.  
2022/10/09 06:56:59
dpms
Had a couple of decent sits Friday and Saturday. Seen 6 does. Had a mama and fawn come through and bed down within range for a few hours. I thought about taking her but the older I get the less I want to shoot a doe with little ones early in the fall. As my ground deer stash gets lower, the urge gets greater though! Finally got a decent buck on camera as well. 
2022/10/21 19:50:03
thunderpole
Everyone quit hunting? Iv been out 8 times all one sit areas hang and bangs. It's been ehh productive I suppose passed 7 bucks so far. One was the nicest iv ever had the opportunity to shoot and didn't. Pure greed kept him alive. Because he was a 7pt and I killed one last year hope he survives. Hope I don't regret it. I got like 6 9pts I'm chasing and I know there's much bigger bucks around. It's scrape week now I'll be out in the am for sure. Then after this week I'm taking off temp drop sweet November, tags getting filled
2022/10/21 20:04:50
fishin coyote
Been slow in my area. The only bucks I’ve seen have been little ones. The bigger ones are around I have them on camera, just not seeing them while hunting. Got a bunch of vacation to use in the next couple of weeks so hopefully my luck changes.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account