2022/04/26 17:19:49
rippinlip
Looking for a 12 volt trolling motor, foot or remote controlled. Bow mount at least 55 pound thrust.
2022/04/26 17:40:16
Porktown
I’d suggest going with the V2 if you buy a used Minn Kota with foot control. V1 controls are selling for $200 used on EBay and the old style control boards are impossible to find. Basically just as expensive to replace with a newer model than repair. Luckily mine works if I hit it with a hammer…. I figure that I can get another 10 years out of it, if I buy a quality hammer, right? I’m probably in the market if someone has two for sale and wants to split with Rip and I.
2022/04/26 20:23:25
rippinlip
Thanks for the heads up.Mine is so old the rubber bushings are gone. I'm too
old and wise to eff around with junk.I need my stuff to work when I need it.
2022/04/26 21:25:22
Porktown
This time of year is really the only time I use my bow mount, doing the shoreline scouting and fishing visible structure. I have a tiller steer transom mount that I prefer when fishing deeper. Much easier to get me right on submerged structure. For me to snag of course…
2022/04/26 21:38:22
rippinlip
Speaking of snagging.....last year by the dam my buddy hooked what we thought was a whopper.....he fought it for 10 minutes....it was a stump....a HUGE stump. He got it in too. He would reel it up so far and the weight would drag it down to the bottom again.
2022/05/01 09:42:40
rippinlip
I went with a new Haswing 55 lb. thrust. Has a remote and foot pedal. It got good reviews from what I've seen.I'll do a review when I use it.
2022/05/23 14:06:29
rippinlip
It was not a very hard install. I got to use it for a short while. It blew a fuse and I noticed it had a 20 amp fuse. The old motor was 28 pound thrust it worked for that but I needed to upgrade. The  math is 1 amp of fuse for pound of thrust. I ordered a 50 amp resettable and wired it in. the remote feature is nice. It doesn't appear to be as durable as a Minnkota. Time will tell. I'll update when I get a full day of use out of it. It comes with a foot control too. The wire is a LOT thinner than the bulky ones on Minnkotas and Motorguides.
2022/06/06 09:30:50
rippinlip
So far it works flawlessly.The remote is great.I wasout for a long day and put it through a lot and no problems. I would buy it again considering it's about 1/2 the cost of comparable motors.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account