2022/01/14 03:32:01
BIGHEAD_1
Well now, It's Been pretty good when able to out and not Bad Weather.  Been a couple days since fishing the lake, but when was able cats and stripers are doing good on. The funny thing is that have been hitting on same Bait. Now as far as the carp been pretty tough. Cannot seem to be able to catch/find. All fishing so far this year been from shore. Tried all kinds of different spots hitting some inlets, old weed lines, grass beds, soft and hard bottoms. just about every carp bait known to mankind LOL So If Anybody has any info on catching/finding these creatures Please PM me. Will not share any info given.  Thanks   
2022/01/14 08:49:06
Porktown
I had read that the colder the water gets, "smell" doesn't spread as much.  I am not sure how true it is in relation to catching fish?  That might be your issue with the carp though?  If using a dough ball, maybe try dipping your dough ball in an attractant (watered down doughball slurry, anise, peanut butter, or whatever scent you do well with) before casting.  I'd imagine with your catfish/striper bait, if live bait, it is creating movement/vibrations to attract fish.  If cut bait/liver, the blood and other scents are finer and move in the colder water a bit more?  I know that many that fish cut bait, make it a point to change out their bait every 15 minutes or so, since it loses the scent.  Might stick to the bait a bit longer in the cold water.

Are you breaking the ice to fish?
2022/01/15 05:40:14
BIGHEAD_1
No Ice breaking going on, not then But Would have to NOW LOL couple weeks ago. Yeah, tried everything under the sun as bait for the carp. Always chum Little, medium, and pollute the water. still no luck fun tho. I read everything I could find which was, everything I already knew as most was common sense. Never have problem with the river carp we slam them just about every time out.  As far as the cats and stripes it's more of where and when that's all I'll Say about them.
2022/01/15 11:18:19
crappiefisher
 Turns water blue,   

2022/01/15 15:55:20
crappiefisher

2022/01/15 15:57:26
Porktown
I do it every time I get skunked.
2022/01/17 02:52:59
BIGHEAD_1
So someone pm'ed  and brought up that I wouldn't give up the how to get the stripers in the winter.  Ok get a couple tubs of liver strain threw tight strainer. get as much blood out as you can, then coat with garlic and onion powder set in refrigerator overnight. warm blood up a bit and garlic and onion powder heavy. don't refrigerate, store near heat in sealed container. day or two. Now use a drop shot setup with inline bobber to keep bait about a foot off bottom. Now Where and When, 528 bridge area right before sunup till bout hour past same at sundown and hour past. Oh use the sealed blood as bait dip and fling in fishing area (good luck not getting that on ya) LOL   P.S. USE RUBBER GLOVES 
2022/01/20 08:10:18
crappiefisher
  Just a heads up, Ice Tournament this Saturday.

crappy
2022/01/24 12:40:28
crappiefisher
72 teams, 12.56 top place.
2022/01/24 14:05:57
pensfan1
Saw some pics of some really nice fish. Nice to get some good ice for a change.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account