2022/01/08 19:35:15
dpms
I stand and still hunted from 700 to 3:30 today. Starting off at 3 degrees. Pretty frosty morning morning sit. I did see 6 does, a buck and a pair of coyotes from the morning stand. Had the hammer back twice but no shots. Spent the rest of the day still hunting. I ended up seeing 16 does and 3 bucks. Dropped the hammer on this nice doe at 3:30 at 40 yards to break a several year drought with the flintlock. Hit her good, but she covered 500 yards before expiring. No idea how. 
Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met

Attachment(s)

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met
2022/01/09 08:01:55
DarDys
There you go!

It’s been quite a while since I did the flintlock thing. Glad to see some still at it.
2022/01/09 08:11:52
dpms
DarDys
It’s been quite a while since I did the flintlock thing. Glad to see some still at it.

I really enjoy flintlock hunting. So much has to go right for everything to come together. The challenge is real and that is probably what draws me in so much. In fact, I would rather flintlock hunt than rifle hunt. Hunting in archery is my passion, but truth be told, give me a cold January day, some snow and my flintlock, and that is probably my favorite hunt of all. 

I used to be part of a pretty decent crew that did drives all day in flintlock. We saw a lot of deer and go pretty good shooting. Lately I have been hunting solo which is a different ballgame. My success has gone down, but the accomplishment I feel has gone up. 
2022/01/09 12:22:51
r3g3
good job=
that was more than  I have seen in the past couple of years all together, fortunately had some shooters   in the mix
flint has got to be fun and challenging
2022/01/09 13:08:57
fishin coyote
Way to go Gene, Congratulations. I saw 7 yesterday afternoon and passed on the 2 that were close enough to shoot
2022/01/11 19:14:36
BloodyHand
Nothing beats snow on the ground, full dress snow camo, having the whole square to yourself, and the smell of black powder burning.

BH
2022/01/15 21:08:24
fishin coyote
Saw over a dozen at one time this evening including 4 bucks. Couldn’t get a clear shot at the biggest one so I didn’t take it and passed a few of the doe. Depending on the weather on Monday this may have been my last set of the season. 
2022/01/16 07:32:24
dpms
I spent 6 hours yesterday on my own and it was slow. Same area I saw about 20 last Saturday and only saw three. They were somewhere else and never found them. Drove up the road and did a few drives with the farmer's crew thinking we would get into them. Nothing on two drives. 
2022/01/22 08:10:25
dpms
Spent 4 hours in a tree yesterday afternoon in the frigid temps with the crossbow. It was a great evening. I ended up seeing 11 does and a small buck. Had 5 doe come past me at 15 yards at 5 o'clock but I am looking for a doe without fawns. Both of the mommas had little ones in tow. They were moving good yesterday for sure. Back at it tonight. 
2022/01/22 08:10:30
dpms
Double post. 

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account