2021/12/04 20:36:10
thunderpole
Managed to get my last doe tag filled yesterday, it was the biggest doe by far I have ever killed it was giant. Wish I had a scale. that was a wrap for our crew well the people that actually hunted. 5 of us tagged out. 4 of us killed our bucks in archery so that made rifle go much faster.
2021/12/05 11:06:54
hot tuna
Well I figured it was about time I did something with these heads I had just hanging around in my garage from my past 3 seasons. These are just from myself and not counting the 8pt my friend got and the 10 and 2 8pts my son got on our property over the course of past 3 seasons.
For sure, in the future, they will go to someone else that has the skill and time to do them correctly. .
The single antler deer was a mature deer that needed to be harvested and taken out.

One thing I tell our small (4) group of hunters is that if you want quality animals, you have to be patient and not just shoot the first one with antlers. You also need to be selective so there's a good up coming group for the following season.

Attachment(s)

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met
2021/12/05 12:01:53
thunderpole
Fresh ones are easy to do with a simmer and pressure washer. Idk about those older ones could come off once hydrated again. I take mine to a guy with beetles 75$ no headache I actually just picked my buck up from this year the other day turned out great
2021/12/05 17:52:51
dpms
Our rifle crew finally managed to put a buck down this weekend. 7 point. I saw it feeding about 150 yards away from me Friday afternoon as I was sneaking along looking for a song dog. I did a big loop and managed to bump it to one of our guns. Rarely do they go the right way but this guy was in the right spot and it worked out. 
2021/12/06 08:48:29
jfel5472
Congrats on the 7pt harvest. I personally have one more day to hunt tomorrow. Then the rifle goes away and I start thinking about flintlock season. 
2021/12/09 08:39:54
dpms
Looking pretty ugly for the last day on the western side of the state. Good luck to those headed out for a last day buck or doe. We usually do some drives on the last day but not sure how many are showing up with all of the rain predicted. 
2021/12/09 12:07:26
eyesandgillz
lol...yeah, rain, warm...probably very windy....I'm angry it will be delaying ski season!  Wishing it was all snow and not rain...need one of these big "rain" makers to collide with a cold front and make it all snow for us, just before Christmas....
2021/12/09 14:06:24
fishin coyote
I'm liking my enclosed blind more and more but unfortunately the weather will probably curtail deer movement
2021/12/13 07:50:29
dpms
Well we took Friday off and we hunted all day Friday with some slow pushes. One of our inexperienced shooters missed one of the largest bucks on the property Friday afternoon. Saturday was a combination of sits and slow pushes. It was downright scary out there in the afternoon. When the front moved through I found the sturdiest looking tree I could and hunkered down for about 30 minutes in blinding wind and rain. Trees were crashing down, limbs falling everywhere. After it passed we finished out the last push of the day and moved some doe and a small buck past out guns. 

I finished rifle season without pulling the trigger on a doe. Had many opportunities included a few on the last day but just wasn't feeling it this year in rifle. Now with flintlock and late archery coming, which I enjoy better than rifle, it will be game on for me. 

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account