2021/05/09 07:03:06
dpms
Panfisher
Where's pic of bird #1? 

Thanks! Here is #1 from the opener. Cold and heavy dew but three gobblers, three jakes, and a few hens made the first hour of the day entertaining. Sometimes things just line up and sometimes killing one of these buggers seems like an impossible task.

Attachment(s)

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met
2021/05/21 20:53:33
dpms
Tough season? Nobody hunting? Or nobody cares to post about their hunts? 

I have been in observation mode for the past two weeks. I have a group of 5 longbeards located. They are basically in the same spot every morning. Some days there are 3, some days all 5. This morning 3 longbeards and several hens. Gobbling sporadically but lots of strutting still. If these guys are in the area next spring, I am gonna make a play on them for sure. Good spot to bow hunt. I have a feeling people haven't messes with them cause they are in a firearm safety zone. Not many guys bow hunt spring turkeys. 
2021/05/22 07:22:14
DarDys
I don’t hunt them, but I have been hearing them about every 2-3 days — some time on one ridge, at others, on a different one. Haven’t seen them in the fields since a month before the season came in.
2021/05/22 13:19:36
Moses Guthrie
Season started out fine for us, son took this bird first Thursday morning then I had two mornings of guys pushing in on me. Including one moron running across a corner of a field while I had a bird coming in. Was enough to push me into fishing mode now.

Attachment(s)

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met
2021/05/22 22:23:16
r3g3
Thats why I stick to Pvt lands with VERY limited hunters.
The family piece I hunt has one kinda part time other guy and he knows how to hunt.
Gave up on the state lands and open pvt places long ago- cant stand rude behavior  and learners crashing your hunt.

Took a biggie this year after a long  far off call fest -FUN- one and done- ya can take 5 here but self imposed one limit due to down numbers.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account