2021/04/13 13:48:20
eyesandgillz
Hoping to get my daughter out for youth day on April 24th (I think that's the day).  Last year we weren't early enough and someone was in the spot I wanted to be....hopefully this year turns out better.
On the way to dek hockey traveling the back roads to get on I-70 yesterday evening, saw 10 or 11 gobblers plus many other turkeys out in several different fields.  A good sign, even though the PGC says numbers are down and are banning rifles for fall season.
2021/04/16 15:26:04
eyesandgillz
well, just found out my daughter's last club vball tourney is April 24th so, no youth season for us.....
oh well..
2021/04/16 15:36:38
thunderpole
I will say I believe numbers are on decline around my area forsure. Since ice out iv seen 11 different Tom's in what 5-6 weeks now. Most weren't in normal areas I see turkey annually. Something is definitely going on and there in decline
2021/04/17 09:31:59
BloodyHand
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Predators maybe???
Coyote population have been picking up in most the areas I hunt.
Caught a yote taking out a hen a couple years ago. The rest of the flock ( 20 birds ) tried to come to her aid but with no avail. When I hit the seen, the yote ( with hen in mouth ) took off 1 way and the birds took off the other.

BH
2021/04/17 16:13:12
thunderpole
Could be to an extent on the yotes I think West Nile virus or maby coons and oppossoms? I watched a documentary from the hunting public with Mike Chamberlain the turkey doctor the other day. There seeing declines all over the country. But noone really can pinpoint exactly why.
2021/04/18 09:08:46
BloodyHand
Just checked a trail camera yesterday in a spot I can usually catch a yote on once in a blue moon. Have a picture of 6 of them running together and multiple solo shots.

BH
2021/04/18 19:50:51
r3g3
2 hens w/14 hicks in the backyard last year -
week later 2 hens NO chicks.
4/5 years ago turkey were commonplace
Now all ya see every day is red breasted hawks.
Yotes and bobcats around and hawks as commonplace as crows.
Every day there were fewer and fewer chicks then zip.
Havent seen one bird around here now in the year since.
Game management cant have it both ways.
Open the cat seasons and do something about the huge overpopulation of hawks.
We drop every yote we see and it my  have an affect but the other stuff is protected here.
2021/04/28 19:38:47
dpms
Well, the weather looks pretty good for the opener. I set a blind last weekend and have the bow ready to go. No gobbling at first light but two birds fired up while I was setting the blind from a few hundred yards away. Good luck to all headed out on the opener. 
2021/04/28 21:03:14
fishin coyote
It’s been quiet here also but I know there’s a couple around.
2021/04/29 12:34:15
thunderpole
I have been seeing a lot more turkey's out this past week. Had a rain day today so I ditched the girlfriend at 630 to go cruise for birds for a few hrs. Seen some new ones I just might hunt Saturday. I typically don't hunt first day because there's to many guys , and every year I get screwed. Idk why guys can't respect people with first come first serve. Guys just pile in it's rediculous.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account