2021/01/29 19:12:54
Clint S
Got the second shot of the vaccine today. Within an hour I felt fuzzy. Within 3 quite nauseous. Hope it doesn't get worse .........
2021/01/29 19:32:47
Fisherlady2
My second dose left me feeling miserable from about 6 hrs after till about 30 hrs. Not "down and out" level of miserable but would have much rather not been stuck at work. 
 The good news is that it did clear after that... so a day of being sick was worth it. 
2021/01/29 20:03:28
pensfan1
Good luck both of you. My mother got her 1st yesterday.
2021/01/29 22:07:48
Fisherlady2
pensfan1

Glad to hear, wish the roll out would speed up.  
Good news is that most folks didn't end up with much more than a sore arm, and even if my reaction was beyond that it still was no big deal in the scheme of things. 
2021/01/29 23:02:42
Porktown
pensfan1

Mine too. Dad didn’t bother to fill out paperwork and still waiting.

I know a few UPMC admin employees that NEVER see patients, got their second shots already... Also a few family and friends of pharmacy owners cutting in line. Can’t wait for this to be over. Humanity has been completely disappointing the past year.
2021/01/30 10:35:31
Clint S
Not feeling too bad, slept through the night, arm hurts a little. ( first shot hurt more). Have a few more body aches than normal
2021/02/14 19:11:52
hot tuna
Wife got second dose Pfizer yesterday. No side effects .
My sister is eligible but no appointments until April.
If she could get same deal ( Pfizer) I could care less about myself
2021/02/15 16:08:44
fichy
My wife got her second in a hospital in Vt.  Good thing she works across the border.  I applied yesterday, almost had 2/24 in Utica late in the day, which meant a trip to the river. I got cut off though,  and never got the ticket. I tried again and again, finally got a ticket to Potsdam on 3/30. 400 mile RT twice . Nearly not worth it.  Only reason for me to do it is to feel a little less selfish when I travel. Getting Covid and dying is not much different than my daily life. The roll out is insane. I can understand waiting and some lines, but a lot of the people I know are driving  hundreds of miles to get their vaccinations. Really strange. None are available in my area for this round. NONE.  I was initially supposed to get it through my dialysis center, but apparently they were denied, even though renal failure is number two on the list. I'm number one and two on the list of co-morbidities. Don't want a place that's filled with qualified people in an aseptic environment giving vaccines, now would we?  Much better to have volunteers in a college gym.  I understand we have a large population, but we also  have a gigantic bureaucracy to deal with it.  Vermont is 1,000%  more organized than NY.  I pity the older folks that aren't internet and e-mail savvy. Either you have a printer or a smartphone  to get the vaccine. Otherwise?  There's a phone number, but from what I hear, you can call for days without  getting through.  If you live in NY and suspect you have a  neighbor that might fall in this black hole,  you might want to offer some help. I have some neighbors that are barely literate, but great mechanics. I helped them, as they are decidedly not good with the internet. The VA is going to take care of them, in the end.  We also are helping another very bright  but older friend, too. He hates the internet, but has read thousands of books. What a loser.  Not. What a screwy time. Stay safe. 

HT, have you heard bad reactions to the Moderna? I have.  My wife got the Pfizer and had  zero reaction to it. Her co-worker chose to wait and got the Moderna which made her pretty sick.  I've heard others with reactions to it, also. As far as I can tell, you have zero choice when you make an appointment. Roll of the dice with house odds, I guess.

2021/02/15 19:29:27
Clint S
From what I have heard the moderns has given more skin type reactions than the Pfizer. The other reactions are about the same. Probably half our hospital staff had minimal reaction meaning one day fever , chills and aches. My second dose reaction was less than most My dad was also complaining of not being able to get his and when I checked online it was a month plus wait. I told him to call the VA . He called Thursday had his shot on Sunday.
2021/02/15 21:30:30
hot tuna
I know of many personally that have had bad reactions to moderna, my son included.
My sister's healthcare program is setting their clients up for their vaccinations but I'm not sure which type, when or where. We are trying to get her into the Pfizer location at suny in Albany as yes, it's volunteers but well run by the national guard.
No way are we going to " chase " the drug driving all across the state or lines. We will keep doing what we've been for the past 11 months and wait.

Good luck.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account