2020/04/08 22:11:10
mr.crappie
The results from the meeting are on the web site now, Gonna be a lot of complaining I Am sure.  sam
2020/04/09 09:34:22
DarDys
I took a look at it and the only complaint I have is I think they “wasted” on of the only three Sunday hunting days on bears. I think it could have better been used, number of participants wise, for a small game hunting day. Of course, small game hunting does not require buying a different tag, so PGC logic prevails.
2020/04/22 00:14:35
mr.crappie
Isn't a pheasant stamp required for pheasant hunting in the small game season ? I would think that a Sunday offered in Bear season is a nod to the hunters going to camp for Bear season. As far as small game hunting goes, at least in the Southwest area of Pa. from what I see, it is almost non-existant hunter wise.Same goes for Groundhog hunting,this area used to be great for teaching kids how to hunt by taking them hog hunting. Nowhere near the numbers of hog hunters now. But this may be just in this area,but there are not any hog contest around that I see either.  sam
2020/04/23 21:33:32
BloodyHand
I'm digging the new seasons. More opportunities across the board.

BH
2020/04/24 16:35:08
thunderpole
I'm in favor of the extended archery even tho I won't be able to hunt if Lord wolf ever let's me get back to work. And the otter season
2020/04/25 22:13:39
BloodyHand
DarDys
I took a look at it and the only complaint I have is I think they “wasted” on of the only three Sunday hunting days on bears. I think it could have better been used, number of participants wise, for a small game hunting day. Of course, small game hunting does not require buying a different tag, so PGC logic prevails.

Looks like skirl season overlaps the Sunday during archery and the Sunday during bear. Do you specifically have to hunt deer on the 1st Sunday and bear on the 2nd?

BH
2020/04/26 15:26:18
dpms
BloodyHand

Looks like skirl season overlaps the Sunday during archery and the Sunday during bear. Do you specifically have to hunt deer on the 1st Sunday and bear on the 2nd?

BH

Yes. Small game is not legal on any Sunday. There was a push to have the PGC pick a Sunday that overlaps many others seasons so there would be a greater opportunity for more hunters as small game and other hunters would like the opportunity to hunt as well. But, it didn't happen. All that can be hunted on those three says is archery deer, firearms bear, and rifle deer. 
2020/04/26 21:10:14
BloodyHand
Yes. Small game is not legal on any Sunday
Booo..........

BH
2020/04/27 09:16:16
DarDys
With the overlap on a couple of Sundays that are now open, the question just has to be asked —Why isn’t small game open those days too?

It can’t be because of “safety” because small game overlaps on other days, like the Saturday before and the Monday following.

What is the logic?
2020/04/27 10:05:50
BeenThereDoneThat.
The logic is, there is no logic and therefore this concludes my discussion in that such deductions or inferences make the conclusions more reliable if the premises are true, enabling better reasoning and decision-making.

Happy Hunting.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account