2020/05/01 09:12:38
DarDys
Had a hen in the orchard a few days ago, but havenโ€™t seen or heard a gobbler since the great weather in March.

Friends did the youth/mentor thing last week and they both got their first bird.
2020/05/01 09:36:47
BeenThereDoneThat.
DarDy congrats to you friends on their first birds.
2020/05/01 12:48:37
thunderpole
Undecided if I'm going or not , dug my crap out this morning. I hate first day to many guys out for me might go listin at a spot and think about it. Or leave and go fish alot of spots got logged last summer so idk if any birds are still in there might go listin tonight if I have time. Might start drinking beer lol who knows time will tell ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
2020/05/02 17:34:06
dpms
Called in three jakes at first light then two more around 11:00. Really quiet where I was at. 
2020/05/02 17:54:44
mr.crappie
My 3 buds went to Wash. cnty,1 killed a nice gobbler,1 missed a nice gobbler,& the other 1 had his blind stolen & quit early. They put the blind up yesterday morn. & were on private property. The report was that the birds came down early this morn. & left the area early also.My buddy that missed said that when he shot,the area exploded with all kinds of turkey noise. At least they had good weather for once.  sam
2020/05/04 14:24:57
dpms
Worked one for a solid two hours at sun up but he would not commit to coming in all of the way. Probably hung up at about 60 yards. After that I never heard another gobble. 

Beautiful day out, though.
2020/05/05 13:01:23
eyesandgillz
Haven't roused myself out of bed early enough yet....to get out there.  Daughter wants to go again so I supposed next nice day we shall go...
2020/05/05 15:36:07
dpms
Set up on a gobbler this morning and had 9 jakes comes into 15 yards. The gobbler stayed out of range. I think he had a few hens with him as I heard them at first light. The clouds and winds came at 8 and I never heard a gobble after that. Pulled the plug at 11.
That makes 14 jakes so far within range.
2020/05/05 19:13:38
fishin coyote
Slept in today. Went out back around 9:30. Had one gobbling around 9:45 but he never came in. I quit calling and so did he. Let out a series of yelps @ 11 got an answer behind me but he also stayed away. Iโ€™m almost positive it was the same bird as the 1st. At 11:30 I figured what the heck and picked up my box call. Halfway thru a series of yelps I looked up the gas line about a 100 yds and saw a nice gobbler looking my way. He never came closer than 80, just stayed up there gobbling his full head off and strutting around like a big brown beach ball until Noon. So I packed up my gear and snuck back to the house, maybe tomorrow will be the day.
2020/05/06 23:27:01
mr.crappie
I just found out that on Sat. a friend was calling for his brother when 4 gobblers came in & my buddy told his brother to shoot first,when he dropped the first one,instead of running away, the others started to beat up the dead one,so my buddy shot one also. I had just watched the same behavior with gobblers on T.V. & heard from members of my club that it has happened to them also. Hard to believe that the blast wouldn't have sent them into the next cnty. On  a side note, the guy doing the calling, while out trying to fill his second tag on Monday, had a chocolate phase Black Bear come ambeling past him.I saw a short video that he made with his phone,very cool. The guy had a great season so far,but he puts in the miles & time for it.  sam

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account