2020/03/15 06:16:27
treesparrow
I heard gobbler booming at noon on Monday the 9th. he went on for quite awhile.
2020/03/15 08:56:13
fishin coyote
Just had a mixed flock of 23 feed thru the yard.The long beards and a few of the bigger jakes were in full strut most of the time in the 15 minutes they were here. 
2020/03/15 09:49:27
DarDys
They were hollering here this morning.
2020/03/16 13:18:00
Big Tuna
Don't get to worked up....they always start late winter...it's not going to be much different than any spring.....you might have to hunt a little different....late mornings can be better than wasting time getting up at 4 a.m.......sleep in and kill a turkey
2020/04/16 18:26:20
BIG WAGS
Won't be able to hunt them again....ARGH  **** GVHD.....
Always have had 10-20 visit the yard daily.
This year not one.
NO gobbling what so ever.
Gotta believe coyotes are winning
very sad.
Southern tip of Allegheny county
2020/04/17 09:40:49
DarDys
Haven’t seen or heard one around the house in about a month.
2020/04/17 10:45:35
Got a good population of turkeys in about 150 acre block of timber just south of our house. Last week in the morning and at dusk, the gobblers were pretty vocal. Not much this week.

10 year old son wants to hunt em this spring. I haven’t hunted turkeys in over 10 years but we may give it a shot next Saturday for the youth hunt. We can hunt some field edges that butts up to where I’ve been hearing those turkeys above.
2020/04/17 20:00:04
r3g3
Ct went to a 5 bird spring gobbler limit and extended the time to ALL  DAY from the stop at noon that had been in place for years.
I don't get it- the bird numbers around here have gone into a downward spiral for a number of seasons now.
I typically hunt locally and a couple of places about 40 miles away in a couple of different directions- same story -very few birds, if any, in places that held them for many years.
So they have increased the limits and extended the times- must be a tag money thing as I rarely if ever see other hunters parked or in the woods anymore.
No birds - no hunters.

We all like to blame something and the populations withstood many wet Springs- yotes, Fishers and birds of prey.
I am starting to think they are NOT making it anyplace with decent Bobcat numbers.
Cats are everywhere -even in daylight-Ya cant trap or hunt them here.

Had Deer and Turkey every day behind my place for years- the cats arrived the deer and turkey are gone.
Various cats on my next door neighbors cam most every other night.
2020/04/20 14:47:29
BIG WAGS
had one lone hen walk thru yard today.....

2020/05/01 08:25:38
dpms
Good luck to all headed out tomorrow. Weather looks pretty darn nice for the morning hunt. 

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account