2020/01/23 08:09:26
pymodave
Anyone have any idea what the ice is like on Pymatuning? or Conneaut? I know last year I already had a week or two on the ice by now
2020/01/23 18:04:59
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Conneaut lake was capped over Monday on my drive by. Looked like a number of wet cracks on it when I drove by this afternoon. Haven't stopped to check, so I have no idea on thickness. Accuweather forecast for the next week or better looks like chit for making ice, but I've got my fingers crossed the weatherman is wrong again.
2020/01/24 21:57:44
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
F the weather in Pennsylvania!!! 40 and rain in January. Trying to be optimistic, but the ice fishing season this year sucks!!
2020/01/24 23:41:28
BeenThereDoneThat.
Crappie_Slayer ya remind me of the days of winter when I would drive past Wilhelm on my way to or from work. Each time, to be disappointed by open water.

Wasn't long ago, one winter I outfitted a couple tip-ups with foam and set them afloat from my boat on Pymie.

Now that's desperation with a capital desperation, but then reality set in, and to this day..... I still don't know, if using such a device on open water is legal???

Anyways neighbor, won't be much longer before the sound of🐸 peepers fill the night, soon followed by the walleye and crappie bite.

GOOD TIMES and TIGHT LINES.....🎣
2020/01/29 09:25:53
pymodave
Of the 30 plus years I have been ice fishing Pymatuning I can only recall one year where there wasn't sufficient ice to get out at least for a week or two, looks like this might be the second. Makes winter seem a whole lot longer
2020/01/29 20:41:47
treesparrow
pymodave, I second that thought of winter being a whole lot longer. I look forward to ice fishing in the winter and it sure is a letdown.
2020/02/20 10:14:19
pymodave
Was at Pymatuning on Wed the lake is totally froze over, walked out at manning about 20 yards it held me but it was only a couple inches thick by no means was it safe, I then went to Jamestown docks and there were people fishing a couple of guys were actually sitting on the ice there seemed to be a decent bluegill bite along with a couple crappie, I didn't fish because I didn't take my stuff thinking it was unfishable, with the cold nights the lake may become fishable in a couple days but definitely have a spud bar if your thinking of venturing out

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account