2019/12/07 09:48:01
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Seems to be no shortage of deer around my area. Sat from 630-9. Counted 122 shots! I was out looking to fill a doe tag and could have been one of those shooting, but elected not to take a shot due to the deer being up toward the top of the hillside. Did not make for a good backstop. Watced 4 doe bed down on that hillside at 730. Sat in hopes that they would mosey down from their uneasy slumber, but they never did. Will be back out this afternoon.
2019/12/07 11:18:11
BeenThereDoneThat.
With a 122 shots counted in 2.5 hours the first morning of antlerless😳...... I think there might be a shortage of doe, in the workings.🙈

Hunt safely and good luck.
2019/12/07 12:02:24
Wow, what WMU/county/area you hunting in crappie slayer?  That's a lot of shootin!  Been 15 years or so, but at the start of HR in 2B, I'd hear upwards of 70 shots sometimes over the course of 4 or 5 hours.  Hope ya get one of 'em this afternoon!  

Had plans to sleep in this AM, but woke at 6:30 with a whopper headache.  Sat in my recliner in the living room, and from 7:05 till around 8:30 heard 5 shots, which is 4 more than I hear Monday evening and yesterday morning combined, while I was in the woods.  2D Butler County.  

Couple places I had to go this morning, and where I'd have expected to see cars parked and/or deer drives going on, I didn't see nuttin.  
2019/12/07 13:19:26
BeenThereDoneThat.
Dave the shooting you heard was before the PGC legalized the use of AR's for hunting.

I know... I know only for certain game but to some.... it means "game on".

OKayyyyy.... that was bad and ya didn't need to hear that, ya already have a headache🙊

🙄 Forgot.... hope you're feeling better. OK,
I'll go away now. 🤗
2019/12/07 14:30:40
The headache went away after I pounded a cup of coffee and took some Advil.  

No volleys on any of those 5 shots.  Or AR sounding rapid fire.  Must've been good shooters.

Taking the knuckleheads out in a bit.  16 year old still has a doe tag, but we're supposed to be somewhere semi-important at 6, so I told him we could only be late for a buck kill.  He'll be in his tree stand with his compound.  9 year old filled my doe tag in archery, so he's been bucks only for two months.  We're gonna be in a good funnel area on a different small property surrounded by big timber, and hopefully lots of other hunters moving deer our way.  Hopefully the .243 will make a little noise.  
2019/12/07 14:51:01
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
1b Hayfield twp crawford county. I was definitly surprised to hear that much shooting. In sure they got a number of deer, but the population seems pretty decent from my observations this year.

Headed back out shortly to see what I can see. Doe with 2 young ones is still hanging around and might catch a break. There is a single doe I've been seeing as well that probably won't be as lucky if she shows up.

Good luck to you and the kids rsquared
2019/12/07 15:38:38
BeenThereDoneThat.
OK guys good luck to all younz all, I'll be waiting on some good stories and pics too, I hope.

For the record, I ain't heard a shot all week.😁

Allllright, I'll go.... but just for now. 🙈 Darn younz luck.

Be safe.
2019/12/07 16:53:51
CAPTAIN HOOK
1A Crawford county ....basically a slow day ...not a shot fired till 7:30am...some shooting here and there but nothing too exciting ...after 9:30 am it was real dead. For a doe opener along with buck it was very quite overall . No snow and never seen a hunter ...my son did see 2 buck and a few doe...no shots to be had ...I seen only 2 deer tails all day ...very disappointing ...leaves were like walking on potato chips early morning....nice day out watching lots of squirrels.    
2019/12/07 17:28:25
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Sat 3-dark. No deer seen. Quieter this afternoon with only 23 shots heard, most of which were the first 45min I was out. Sounded like the neighbor tagged one at dusk.

I hear ya one the potato chip thing captain. Still have snow here, but it had a pretty good crust on it even this afternoon. No sneaking around in that.
2019/12/07 18:10:26
fishin coyote
Saw 21 doe and 3-4 unknown. My wife kill a big doe, I passed on a smaller one this morning and missed a big one this evening. Shooting was so so until about noon and then it was practically nonexistent until the last hour 

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account