2019/05/11 00:42:49
BeenThereDoneThat.
awwwww no ya dont!!!

Last time I seen guys dressed in white I thought they was going snipe huntin.
Turns out it wasn't no bag they was carryin and they was huntin fer me.
2019/05/11 06:56:04
dpms
Nice morning out there in this corner of the state. Should be some birds hitting the ground today? 
2019/05/25 07:55:31
dpms
Last couple of days left. Seems to have been a rather slow season based on reports. Of course, when our season is one of the latest in the country, that is not surprising. I have long advocated for an earlier start. 
2019/05/25 20:44:25
pheasant tail 2
I have no issues with the season. Never have. Great gobbling activity this week. My son filled a tag this morning. Late afternoon hunting this past week has been exciting - East Finley Twp., Washington County.

PT2
2019/05/25 23:00:42
DrewB
This isn’t about turkeys but I can’t figure out how to post a new thread on here, can anybody help?
2019/05/30 16:51:01
Panfisher
No gobbler for me.   Tough year.
2019/06/23 01:26:15
mr.crappie
My gang of 5 all got double kills even though it took one of them til Memorial to get his second ,all were adults with 1 guy getting both with a compound bow. One father & son team got 1 each the same morning which was a thrill for us. Two guys got theirs early then waited for the late season to get their second bird,they said that way they didn't have to wait so long til next year. lol The father & son team was using that tungston shot with I believe #11 shot. That gives a lot more b.b.s & range. It seems almost unfair to the birds. Using that & a pop-up blind seems too easy,even I could get a bird that way, maybe. But my turkey days are over now also. The weather did cause some head-aches for them also. sam
2019/06/23 07:38:54
dpms
Crappie,

Sounds like they had a great season. Many reports of slow hunting this year. 
2019/06/23 08:11:26
BeenThereDoneThat.
Sam congratulations to your gang of 5. I'll bet there's some great stories to be heard around the campfire.
2019/06/23 08:41:17
mr.crappie
dpms, Sounds like most years,there were good & bad reports all but 1 in our group did well,but they are a very dedicated & experienced bunch.Some had to try new spots & hunt in some crazy weather but as usual the harder you work the luckier you get. I did see 2 long beards the last 2 days of the season at our club. I believe that they were 2 out of the 3 that I saw the last couple of days at the same place last year,both times it was in the afternoon with no-one around. Seems like every year one group sees game & the other doesn't. I too heard some sob stories & some other good reports.  sam

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account