2019/04/22 11:15:13
Kid catfisher
I have snagged my hook a lot lot of time recently, any tips to prevent that?
2019/04/27 12:54:16
mr.crappie
kid catfish, Without knowing how or where you are fishing or what for, it is hard to give any advice. But if you are fishing on the bottom , try fishing  with a bobber instead. Presuming you are fishing for cats they will come off of the bottom to take bait also. Also I use smaller hooks than most guys,that helps to avoid some snags . You can also use heavy split shot on the bottom of the line that will slip off if you get snagged by the sinker,that way you only lose the split shot instead of your whole rig.  Good luck   sam
2019/04/27 19:28:48
Mountian Man
Fezh near snag not in it
2019/04/29 10:06:21
FishinGuy
If you're fishing the 3 rivers, your bait may not be staying put. Fishing local rivers for cats from shore I use a minimum 2oz doughnut shaped bank sinker. If I'm casting out very far, the river is high, or have a large live bait on, I'll go up to 3 or 4 ounces. Also when fishing rivers from the bank, make all of your casts in a down stream direction. This will help keep current from pushing your bait into a snag. All assuming you're bank fishing in a river, of course.
2019/05/11 14:57:50
pacarper
Use rubber hooks.....

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account