2018/12/05 16:26:26
DarDys
On the other end of the scale (sorry), a friend of mine shot a really little doe one year. When he got it back to his hatchback car, he wanted to prevent getting blood all over. So he decided to stuff the open part of the deer into a plastic bag he had in the car.

The bag in question was a Trilene bass tournament weigh-in bag used to carry fish from the boat to the scale. As he tells the story, he first put in the middle of the deer, then the back legs. With more room available in the bag, he kept stuffing until the entire doe was inside the clear bag. It was that small.

His total weight of meat received from the processor was 17 pounds.

When asked why he shot such a small deer, he said he thought it was farther away than it was and he thought it was a normal sized deer.
2018/12/05 17:20:06
mr.crappie
Yes but, those suitcase deer are a lot easier to drag.  lol  sam
2018/12/05 20:29:34
CAPTAIN HOOK
That's true .....lol

I heard from one guy I worked with said his buddy carried out a small deer in his game bag vest one year.

The sorriest game picture I'd ever seen was a cub bear shot in Pa. years ago. It was at a local mountain store photo display game billboard. The guy held the cub up on the store's counter sitting like a teddy bear ....the bear weighed 35lbs ! A real proud kill......
2018/12/05 22:36:54
BeenThereDoneThat.
Don't know when they changed the law on shooting cub bears but they need bring the law back.

Pretty simple to judge a juvenile from an adult. Need only look at the size of the head as compared to the body.

Hunters who can't judge by that rule need not be allowed to play, with real guns.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account