2018/12/04 13:01:52
CAPTAIN HOOK
Also I'm just using that photo as an example of deer weight..... I realize mid west bucks are much bigger genetically then our northeastern deer. 

Years ago while hunting out of my uncle's camp in Forest county one of our guys bagged an enormous size doe. It dwarfed all the other doe hanging on the outside deer pole. A real cow everybody said ! We along with other cabin hunters took turns guessing the weight....now mind you these are avid seasoned hunters with most hunting many years. The overall guessing was mostly 150-200 lbs. hanging weight by many of the onlookers . A few weeks later I ran into my friend that shot the monster cow doe and he did go out of his way to get it weighed......135lbs ! He wasn't surprised at all because he himself and myself both said about 125...maybe on the guessing.  

I remember the Game Commission I believe sold tape measures that were able to estimate the deer weight around the chest measurement. I had one but it didn't seem very accurate ......seemed to read too heavy on most deer.
2018/12/04 15:26:59
DarDys
Right about now I could go for a 60 pound bologna doe.
2018/12/04 17:40:51
BeenThereDoneThat.
Dardy's make mine a pound of deer burger mixed with 1/4 pound Sage sausage, made into 1" thick patties, fried medium rare, between two toasted buns topped with bacon, onion, tomatoe, lettuce and a dollop of mayo. (Helmans)

Please 🍻
2018/12/04 17:47:54
mopars0
BeenThereDoneThat.
Dardy's make mine a pound of deer burger mixed with 1/4 pound Sage sausage, made into 1" thick patties, fried medium rare, between two toasted buns topped with bacon, onion, tomatoe, lettuce and a dollop of mayo. (Helmans)

Please 🍻
. BTDT ... there ya go again , ya making me hungry again .... and I just ate .... THANKS !!! πŸΊπŸΊπŸ‘πŸ˜œ
2018/12/04 19:12:00
Big Tuna
Funny I shot a pile of doe in 56 years of hunting. And like alway,I weigh every deer. I shot a doe in Washington county,that was a beast. She went 127 lbs and yes that's the biggest on I ever shot. 90-110 is the average doe in my area. Some acquaintances of mine once told me he got 200lbs of meat from a spike he shot up the mountains.lol Lucky if the deer weighed 110 field dressed.lol
2018/12/04 19:22:31
BeenThereDoneThat.
Mopars I hear ya buddy and I was ready to heat up the skillet when I remembered I need the deer burger. Dam it!!!

Oh Wellllll, baloney and cheese samidges aint so bad. 'cept it aint deer baloney. πŸŽ… Stupid deer!!!
2018/12/05 06:20:20
DarDys
Deer weight is like steelhead weight. A friend of mine bought me a good, large net that has a fairly accurate scale in the handle. It turned a lot of monster 10 pound steelhead into 6.5 pounds.

Can only recall a handful or so from Erie tribs that actually pulled down to or past the 10 pound mark (biggest bounced around 13+/-).
2018/12/05 08:15:43
Walleye jigs
I caught a World Record bass while fishing with two friends in the Everglades in the early seventies. Needless to say I made my friends miserable wanting to get to shore to weigh this monster! They finally gave in and when we got to shore I jumped out of the boat and ran to the bait shop with my prize. When I asked to have my fish weighted  the owner looked at me and said " Son, we throw those ones back." Biggest  bass I had ever seen 10 pound 4 ounces. 
2018/12/05 08:30:36
treesparrow
I have a long time friend that lives in Grand Marais Minnesota. the local big buck pool is not antler based but weight. He tells me a 225 lb buck will seldom win they need to be bigger.
  I have never seen a 200 lb deer shot in PA. I know they are out there but I have never witnessed one down. I have seen a half dozen in my lifetime on the hoof that were huge deer unfortunately for one reason or another they remained on the hoof. Most were out of season when I saw them.
2018/12/05 14:54:30
CAPTAIN HOOK
Even with all the road kills over many years I'd say nothing close to 200 ever seen !
Some looked it blown up after about two weeks in the hot sun ....lol

Should have had my deer baloney(doe )yesterday....I decided to pass on two medium size deer at 30 yards away ....I'm getting soft on doe I guess . Some years I squeeze some years I just look......lol   Maybe Saturday ?

One year the US Forest Rangers were weighing deer in Elk county during doe season. They drove around and were asking hunters to weigh and age their harvested deer. My doe was 85 lbs. dressed, my other two friends deer were 65 & 55lbs. He told me mine was the second largest (heaviest) deer checked that whole day ! That was the days (70's ) of seeing 40 plus deer a day was the normal up there.  Owl's Nest area....good grouse area too.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account