2018/11/25 13:47:33
mopars0
Yes going to be a wet one tomorrow for sure .. going to miss it anyhow , my son has some health issues and he is not going to make it .. He is going to the Doctor and probably will need some test done ... making things short his mother my (Ex) was a bad diabetic and passed away from it years ago... he will be 42 in a week thought maybe it missed him.. but doesn’t appear to have , his son my grandson has dealt with it since he was 2 now 13 ...not to air my issues on here but just explaining why I will miss opening day ...hopefully will be out there from Tuesday on .... good luck y’all
2018/11/25 14:38:29
outasync
Wife and i will be missing it also. Both of us have been sick since tuesday. Went to urgent care friday after spending Thanksgiving as lumps on the couch and was given 2 prescriptions and have yet to feel any better. Whatever bug this is has us both down for the count.
2018/11/26 06:19:51
DarDys
During the last three weeks of archery, I had 26 different shooter bucks on camera during the night, but zero during the daylight. The week after archery, there were five different shooter bucks on camera during the daylight.

I pulled cards yesterday and had three different shooter bucks on camera during the night again and none during the daylight.

I realize that could change rapidly with people in the woods, but since I surrounded by private ground with little pressure (an adjoining property is no longer open to any hunting), there won’t be many hunters out moving to roust the deer.

It is currently pounding down rain and I gave up my ground blind to a retired State Trooper ( in his mid 70’s), I think I’ll bag getting soaked and go into work (I had to be there by 11:00 anyway) and regroup for tomorrow.

Best of luck to all who went out there.
2018/11/26 06:19:51
DarDys
During the last three weeks of archery, I had 26 different shooter bucks on camera during the night, but zero during the daylight. The week after archery, there were five different shooter bucks on camera during the daylight.

I pulled cards yesterday and had three different shooter bucks on camera during the night again and none during the daylight.

I realize that could change rapidly with people in the woods, but since I surrounded by private ground with little pressure (an adjoining property is no longer open to any hunting), there won’t be many hunters out moving to roust the deer.

It is currently pounding down rain and I gave up my ground blind to a retired State Trooper ( in his mid 70’s), I think I’ll bag getting soaked and go into work (I had to be there by 11:00 anyway) and regroup for tomorrow.

Best of luck to all who went out there.
2018/11/26 11:07:25
Big Tuna
Unbelievable amount of ground soaking rain this morning. Yesterday I put my tree umbrella up,because sometimes I have trouble in the darkness it's fun getting old. At 8:11 my virgin ( buck) 6.5 Creedmoor barked. Decent body big 6 pts no brows. You'll just have to believe me because there's not going to be any pics. It did stop raining long enough to field dress him though.lol  Good luck guys,now Ohio needs to be worked on.lol
2018/11/26 11:48:21
mopars0
Congrats BIG TUNA ... no pictures necessary your word is good enough ... lol. Know the getting old feeling my dad stopped hunting at 69 .. l’m 67 so might be coming 🍺😜👍 ... but I still enjoy it ... but not as gun ho as I once was ...
2018/11/26 12:53:14
fishin coyote
On my 40th opening day. I managed to kill my 1st buck on my own land, a plump 4x2. He came in chasing a hot doe with a small 8pt shadowing them. I’d post a picture but it won’t let me. On a side note it did stop raining long enough to do the dirty part and the tree umbrella was worth it’s weight in gold.

Good luck everyone

Mike

Attachment(s)

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met
2018/11/26 13:38:55
mopars0
Congrats mike 👍👍. Glad to hear some success out there ...
2018/11/26 13:44:18
mopars0
My grandson’s GF sister got this just sent the picture of course my grandson said he hasn’t seen a stupid deer all day so far ... guess his GF hasn’t either ...

Attachment(s)

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met
2018/11/26 14:22:34
DarDys
Congrats everyone who harvested.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account