2018/11/12 21:34:08
CAPTAIN HOOK
He knows where to hide............lol

Took this photo up near Elk Creek RR Tubes
2018/11/13 19:35:50
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Lol...nice pic captain.

Archery season is over now, so I took Nina for a run after work. She did her job well and we worked hard for her to put 2 up for me. I did my job 50% and hit one. Had the area to myself today.

Gonna run the feist dog Elsa tomorrow now that she won't be treeing any hunters in their stands. Judging by the amount of squirrels I saw deer hunting, it should be a good day.
2018/11/13 20:16:57
mr.crappie
crappie slayer Not trying to hijack this post,but did you ever notice how many fox squirrels there are along side of Elk creek. Some heavy weights too.  sam
2018/11/13 20:54:27
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
mr.crappie
crappie slayer Not trying to hijack this post,but did you ever notice how many fox squirrels there are along side of Elk creek. Some heavy weights too.  sam

Sounds like an area I should be hunting. Love those fat fox squirrels 👍👍
2018/11/14 08:23:13
psu_fish
Did PGC announce how many stamps they sold in '18? I would guess even less then in 2017
2018/11/14 10:33:52
BeenThereDoneThat.
psu_fish
Did PGC announce how many stamps they sold in '18? I would guess even less then in 2017

Wassa mater for you, skip them classes on "researching the internet" or, your Prof not available to give step by step "how to use your 'puter"?

Other than the Xbox button, I mean?
2018/11/14 19:27:34
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Ok ill highjack my own thread. Maybe I should have just called it dogwork '18. Let Nina have a break tonight (she was less than impressed) and took her friend Elsa out for a run. Shortly into the trip she put up the first squirrel for the year. Many missed shots with the 22 later ( thought I bumped it last year and should have sighted it in) I traded out guns and we were off again. They weren't running all over the place today, but the feist dog did her job well and we ended up with a few. Five more chases ended with 3 in the bag and 2 den trees. Man them greys can shimmy and shake thru the treetops. Elsa was a happy dog to be out again doing what she does best. Tried to get her to sit still for a pic with her quarry, but sitting still is definitely not this dogs specialty.

On a funny note, the dog kicked up 2 young doe chasing one of the treerats. They ran right at me and the lead one came within five yards before it saw me and I mocked a "bang" at it with the gun, which prompted it to run away about 10 yds before it stopped and stood there again. They better wise up if they plan on making it thru rifle season 😀

Attachment(s)

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met
2018/11/14 20:11:55
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
psu_fish

I'm not sure where you were headed with this comment, but if was to bash the PGC for coming out with the stamp in the first place I'll give you my newbies take on it.

I've only pheasant hunted for the past couple of years, mainly because I got a mutt that I thought might put a few up if I took her out, and its working. I understand that it is essentially the trout fishing of the hunting world in PA. From what I understand, the pheasant program was a straight $$ loss, so they added the stamp to recuperate some of the money. All I can say is that for $27, the enjoyment that the dog and I get out of it is worth the money. Some people choose to spend $100 or more per month to sit in front of the boob tube flipping through countless channels they could care less about to entertain themselves. Some spend $100's at a shot to go see a sports game where the players could care less that you're there as long as you're shelling out the $$ for their paycheck. Whatever your entertainment choice I don't care, its your money. Me, I'll spend the $27 and get many hours of enjoyment watching the mutt do what she loves to do best, and maybe even take home dinner too boot. I definitely hope that there is plenty others like me out there in this state, and wish the program lots of luck in the future.

Ok, rant over...
2018/11/14 20:48:26
Big Tuna
Nice dog work and shooting, CS. I fell back into my old ways. I found a black walnut tree and park my ars about 25 yards from it. Yesterday morning 2 Fox 1 gray. Today 2 fox and 1 grey. I let 11 Grey's get a free pass in two mornings,they where really small. 6 tree rats 6 shots out of my Marlin bolt .22 Biscuits and gravy. Nobody eats them but me,so I'll end up with 3 meals. 2 of those foxies where about as big as they get. I still get a kick out of squirrel hunting.lol
2018/11/14 21:04:08
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Nice gunwork on your end too BT. Fun going after the squirrels with the .22. Enjoy the biscuits and gravy. Everyone else is definitely missing out on a fine meal.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account