2018/09/16 08:30:48
dpms
I will start it off as we get an early jump here in the SRA's.

Went out in the morning and had two legal bucks come past at 10 yards right after first light. Both had 4 points on their left side. One had 2 on the other side and the other buck had 3. Let them go hoping for a baldie. No more deer seen in the morning. Went out and braved the heat in the afternoon and seen the same two bucks. No does seen. I have does on the camera but they no showed yesterday. 

Felt good to be in the stand again in Pa. The long haul begins as I usually do around 30 sits a season.
2018/09/18 11:11:49
Panfisher
Did all of the deer get their winter coats yet? Good luck this season.   I know you will get a few does.

My knee swelled up the last week.  Went to the doctor on Sat.  Feeling better now.   Haven't been able to hang any stands yet.   Hopefully, my knee will feel better next week and can get out there.
2018/09/18 11:37:01
BeenThereDoneThat.
Panfisher sorry to hear of your knee. Hope the recovery is quick and ya can get out and about soon.

I Aint checked my field cams in over a month. Hell the batteries probably died.

Best of luck to all this season.
2018/09/18 22:57:05
Panfisher
Got out to check the trail cams today.  Nothing but water everywhere.   Did have one nice buck on cam.    Hope to hang tree stands next week.   Knee still hurts but is getting better. 
2018/09/19 08:52:47
BeenThereDoneThat.
Going out today and do some scouting hoping to jog my memory on where the hell I put my game cams. 😞
2018/09/20 19:39:18
dpms
Panfisher
Did all of the deer get their winter coats yet? Good luck this season.   I know you will get a few does.

Some have, some haven't. Its been awfully warm this September. Both bucks I saw had winter coats. The does on camera are currently making the switch. 
2018/09/22 10:43:32
dpms
Spent a few hours this morning in the stand. Man, the air felt great for a change. Unfortunately, I didn't see a deer. 
2018/09/22 12:06:38
BeenThereDoneThat.
But fortunately...... for the deer.   I hear ya about the temps this morning, gonna be a beautiful day in PA.

Seven more days for my neck of the Pennsylvania Wilds then I can swing my feet, sitting in my high chair, in the trees watching the elusive PA White Tailed Deer.  They are sooooo damed cute. 

I'm soooo happy.
2018/09/23 09:40:57
workcanwait....
Soon I cant wait...seems theres several shooters around my neighbor was kind enough to share his trailcam pics.I finally upgraded my xbow picked up a 2015 Tenpoint its half the size of the antique Tenpoint I had been using and FAST...Good Luck and Be safe and ENJOY...WCW
2018/09/23 20:28:28
BloodyHand
^^^^^^^^^^^^
I already got dibs on that 10 point. He's been eating out of the food plot just before dark.

BH

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account