2018/06/14 22:36:37
BeenThereDoneThat.
Be some new changes this coming season which includes the "Pheasant Stamp".  

"
License buyers also should be aware of some important changes for the 2018-19 license year.
A pheasant permit will be required in 2018-19 for all junior hunters, as well as adult hunters and some senior hunters who pursue pheasants in Pennsylvania.
There is no fee for a junior pheasant permit, but the free permit will help the Game Commission track youth participation. A pheasant permit costs $26.90 for adults and seniors. However, hunters who acquired their senior lifetime hunting or combination licenses prior to May 13, 2017 no longer need a pheasant permit to hunt and harvest pheasants.~PGC News

2018/06/15 17:32:30
Panfisher
I acquired my senior combo license prior to May 13 2017 but I don't pheasant hunt.   I guess I should get one just in case I see a pheasant.
2018/06/19 22:31:06
Big Tuna
Had a fun time getting my license today. Brought my old one in and told the guy I wanted the exact same license that I had last year. This guy start running through license to buy like, Turkey tag, flintlock archery trapping etc. I told him I've got a combo license and everything is included. He tells me I have to buy archery,flintlock,trapping license separately. After approximately 15-20 minutes. I took my info and old license to a lady two windows over,was out of there in 3 minutes. The guy comes over and ask me if everything went ok.lol No thanks to that flaming a-- hole. I called the PGC you don't get a pheasant stamp but you really have one if you bought your license two years ago. I say I'm never going to the courthouse again,but I do. They have a very incompetent staff to say the least.
2018/06/20 09:37:10
Panfisher
Big Tuna
I called the PGC you don't get a pheasant stamp but you really have one if you bought your license two years ago. I say I'm never going to the courthouse again,but I do. They have a very incompetent staff to say the least.

Thanks, wasn't sure if you got a pheasant stamp or not.  How do they know when you bought the senior license?
I always get my license from an agent.  In and out in 5 minutes.
2018/06/20 10:19:10
Big Tuna
I believe if you where stopped by the man,your date of birth would prove your grandfathered in. You had to buy your senior license for 2017. Don't know much but more than the agency at the Beaver Co. Courthouse. I got permission to hunt a red tag farm in Indiana Pa but don't feel right shooting a doe with fawns on July 1st. I had to called the SW division of the PGC and it took them a while to come up with the opening date. The farmer told me July 1st but I'm the kind of guy that needs to know what's right. I certainly don't need any fines.
2018/06/21 13:55:46
holly107
I purchased my lic. just the other day everything went very smooth again at walmart. I never have a problem. some people have all the luck I guess. big tuna it sounds like you need to stay away from the court house. lol
2018/06/21 20:02:35
Big Tuna
Just the particular guy that doesn't know anything about hunting licenses at the courthouse.lol 
2018/06/23 06:55:03
holly107
lol
2018/06/23 09:29:06
BeenThereDoneThat.
Big Tuna I walked into my local Walmart store this past Thursday to renew my license only to find, the whole dam sporting department went missing. 

WTH...  Where guns and ammo once set, only paint rollers and sandpaper were to be found.  Horrified thoughts flew through my mind with visions of your story flashing by.   I must have looked like the "deer in the headlights" just standing and staring, wondering if old timers was catching up and I am now lost at Walmart when, from behind, there came a tiny voice.  "I think you'll find what you're looking for, 6 rows to the front of the store" the voice said.  What.... wait, did I just hear the voice of an angel save me from becoming the next Walmartian?   

Still somewhere between dazed and confused, I turned ever so cautiously and there stood a young lady, though blurred, in a gold vest with Walmart embroidered on the lapel.  "Six rows to the front of the store" she said, walking to the main aisle and pointing.  "We've moved the entire sporting department to the front" and with a smile, she disappeared into the sundries.

Slowly but surely, inch by inch, step by step I made my way to the front of the store looking down each row hoping my vision would clear when there they were, like beacons in the night!  You know, the rack of fishing poles that can be seen from just about anywhere in the store and right along side, a bright green 'yak all nestled in it's cradle high above the shelves.

Two more rows and there, the guns, the ammo, the fishing rods raising into the air like a great rainbow, and the service desk too.  "I'm saved" I'm thinking when another voice asked, "May I help you, Sir"?    "Say what",  I thought and still looking like I was somewhere between lost and found as the voice repeated "May I help you Sir"?  "Yes, yes" I quipped, digging through my wallet I would like to renew my hunting license but I don't have last years with me.  "No problem", came the voice, "we can use your fishing license", to which I replied, "nope don't have that with me either".  "Your hat", came the voice, "my hat" I barked "what the hell does my hat have to do with me renewing my hunting license"?  "The button on your hat, it's your fishing license, we can use it to get your hunting license" said the voice. 

Removing my hat, sure enough there it was, my fishing license button.... stupid oldtimers!!!

2018/07/26 04:15:52
PeterCO
This year I also had problems with the license

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account