2018/06/01 22:47:57
mr.crappie
2 days before the season ended I watched 3 gobblers parading around the edge of a field with very little concern that I was watching them. there was a boss with about a 10" beard & 2 subordinates with approx.6" beards following him,but never going in front of him. Also he was the only one that gobbled, I guess that the others new better. The best part was that as I watched they would try to get into whatever shade that they could. This went on from approx. 2-4 pm & it was very warm. Finally they wandered in to a shady cove & they all plopped down for a little nap. Then I left, happy that they made it through the season. btw this was on open to the public land. that is the best thing about turkey hunting,that you can practice C&R by letting them walk & still feel that you won.  sam
2018/06/02 21:14:42
Panfisher
Maybe some one got them on the last 2 days.

Turkey season was a bust for me.  The last two weeks was hot with 3 of the last 4 days of the season being foggy in the morning.  Didn't hear a gobble in a week and a half.
2018/06/07 13:55:24
mr.crappie
The three amigos showed up again at 1pm I could only watch for a little while but may see them again in Oct.  sam
2018/06/11 08:34:23
Walleye jigs
I don't  know about other sportsmen but I've  found that after years of hunting you get to a point  where you prefer  to watch the beauty of these animals more then hunting them.
2018/06/11 10:11:43
mr.crappie
walleye jigs, +1  I read in the past that for most people,we go through a progression of what is most important for success in a day afield, fishing or hunting,ending with teaching others. I have had more than my share of killing things & am fortunate not to have to do so to eat. I taught my 5 kids & 6 grandkids to fish & hunt ,along with some other kids & can honestly say that that brings more pleasure than me killing any more. It is more enjoyable to me to watch the antics that nature provides us.   sam

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account