2018/02/13 08:52:12
psu_fish
lost sage rod sectio
The only people who will really benefit from Sunday hunting are the non-resident hunters. As far as the youth are concerned if you have to beg a kid to hunt your wasting your time.!!!!

False. I work 40 hour work week. I also have 1 hour round trip commute to work, so you can kiss goodbye hunting after work during rifle season.

By opening up Sunday hunting, I can double my time afield. I typically hunt 4 days of rifle. The opener, the 2 Saturdays and the final Friday I will take vacation day. My number of tags wouldn't change. I would still have my buck tag, 2F and a 2D bonus tag.

Open it up and be done with it.
2018/02/13 09:32:25
dpms
We have a decrease in participation of close to 50% for deer hunters, 70 percent for small game, 66% for fall turkey compared to 20 years ago. For those that still hunt, why would hunters oppose the PGC being able to regulate hunting on Sundays with such a big drop off in participation? 
2018/02/13 15:32:45
psu_fish
People genuinely distrust the PGC.
2018/02/13 15:42:44
dpms
psu_fish
People genuinely distrust the PGC.

Do they trust politicians more at game management than game agencies? 
2018/02/13 21:36:52
CAPTAIN HOOK
When hunting areas are declining due to more private property postings I would say SGL's are over hunted or at least used more and more every year. GL # 39 is very busy with hunters every deer and turkey season as hunters get squeezed out of private areas. Nothing to see most parking areas loaded with vehicles. 39 is a big SGL too, around 10k acres. I'd hate to see it on a Sunday if only SGL's would be open....hunters would target it heavy.  I'm not against Sunday hunting, but I'd want it state wide open to all hunters..... not split up.  
2018/02/14 10:08:45
eyesandgillz
lost sage rod sectio
The only people who will really benefit from Sunday hunting are the non-resident hunters. As far as the youth are concerned if you have to beg a kid to hunt your wasting your time.!!!!

Remind me not to drink the Kool-aid you are drinking....
With two kids, ages 11 and 9 and both in multiple sports and me working 50+ hrs per week, Sunday hunting would definitely improve our chances of getting out in the field more often.
Open it up statewide, all species, all land....and be done with it and get PA into 21st Century wildlife management.

2018/02/14 11:37:05
BeenThereDoneThat.
Boy I'll drink to that cause I (along with hundreds of thousands of other hunters) know what it's like to have to wait to go hunting.  Wasn't bad enough having to wait til I turned 12 to obtain a hunting license, or make a choice between school sports, I can count on my one hand my brothers and I got to hunt with our dad who worked 10-12 hour days as an electrician.  So cry me a river of that Kool-aid and stop using "what about the children" as means to push your agenda.

You want to hunt Sundays; buy your own land and stock it or better yet, Ohio ain't too far from the Pennsylvania boarder and their schools have sports programs.  So get with the 21 century and take advantage of the low mortgage interest rates.  Lots of states have Sunday hunting and plenty of real estate for sale.

For crying out loud, who in the hell in their right mind thinks it's the land owners who don't want Sunday hunting in Pa?   Millions of acres of State Game Lands can be opened but the Game Commission don't.  Please don't think I'm going to believe the BS that land will be over hunted.   

Look at the programs the PGC now has on the books so why not have a program, where land owners can post their land "OPEN FOR SUNDAY HUNTING".

It's the PGC that doesn't want Sunday hunting.  Good grief the commission doesn't have enough "GAME WARDENS" to patrol 6 days a week so where the hell do they find enough manpower to schedule 7 days a week?  OH I know, the "GAME WARDENS" should all be working 24/7, even though they may have children playing school sports and would like to hunt with dad.

Lastly but not leastly, how soon before some yinz demand the age be reduced for obtaining a driver's license and hey how about being able to belly up to the bar and have a beer with the kids?

Thank you for listening, I'm just having issues dealing with 'melting ice'.  The Doc says it's temporary and has prescribed a daily dose of sitting in a boat, beginning open water.

Gotta git, Ice is calling.   (not Immigration and Customs Enforcement either)

Happy Ash Wednesday  but after my rant, I suppose I shouldn't expect too many Valentines in my PM box... huh?

Well to show what kind of guy I am........   

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY

2018/02/16 07:54:23
dpms
So you are saying that keeping barriers in place that limit days we can legally hunt should continue on just because that is how its always been, even though those barriers have no purpose at all except to single out one activity on Sundays while every other activity is perfectly legal to participate in on the same day? 

Maybe I got it wrong? 
2018/02/16 09:17:47
BeenThereDoneThat.
So I am saying other people have their wants and desires regarding Sundays including those persons who wish to see Sundays as a day of rest and prayer. 

So I am saying, I see persons using "it's about the children" to further their own personal agendas and could care less whether a child pulls the trigger with daddy holding the gun.  So I'm saying it's more about the money then it is about the heritage of hunting Pennsylvania. 

So I am saying, If I want to hunt White Tailed Deer I can enjoy my own back yard.  So I am saying if I wish to hunt Moose I gotta sacrifice my time, including vacation time, and travel or relocate, to the places having Moose. 

So I'm saying you will be hard pressed to argue persons respect what they earn far more than what is given them.  So I'm saying hunting is a good example for teaching respect, by having it earned.  So I am saying too many people today, think they deserve and should be handed what ever their little hearts desire because it's what they want and screw everybody else.

So I am saying, when planned, the PGC received resistance from the middle aged hunters but knew in time, the middle aged resistance would be turning older and soon enough fading from the picture. 

So I'm saying now that the PGC has been successful with the HR & AR programs, legalizing semi-auto loading weapons for hunting, Sunday hunting is just a few more baby-boomers away.   

Wait....... what was I saying, dam old-timers, oh yeah so after Yinz get your Sunday hunting what should be given to yinz next?   A Moose behind every tree?

FYI, when you reach the age now held by those middle aged men [oops forgetted ladies] of yesteryear, good luck finding that elusive PA White Tailed Deer, behind any tree.

That's all I am saying but, that's just me being me.
2018/02/16 11:51:24
eyesandgillz
dpms, 
I think you had it right.
Grumpy old curmudgeon doesn't want it, so no one else should....
Everything written in the above post is nonsensical, sooooooo, it just has to be old age.
Happy Friday!

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account