2017/11/03 13:41:39
Panfisher
Any one see any bucks chasing.  I saw a lot of rubs but no scrapes or any bucks chasing yet here in Somerset County.   Next week should be good.  Will hunt it hard next week.   Lots of bucks on camera but all are nocturnal.
2017/11/03 18:45:59
thunderpole
I seen 5 bucks Wednesday evening chasing
2017/11/03 19:37:15
BeenThereDoneThat.
Panfisher here in my little piece of NW Penn's Woods Cm not seeing much of anything saying the rut is in full swing.

Pictures of different bucks passing through but no swollen necks or dark stained tarsal glands as of latest pics.

Two rubs and two scrapes appeared untouched as of noon today. Makes me wonder if a more dominate buck may be gracing my hunting grounds with his presence.

Had heavy rains with thunder bumpers pass through last night, will be interesting to recheck the scrapes and the "Beaver Moon" blooms tomorrow night so I would venture to say the rut is on it's way. Stupid full moon gonna keep em nocturnal for a while, me thinks.

By the light of the silvery moon......

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met

Attachment(s)

2017/11/04 04:57:05
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Saw 1 doe being lightly chased last Saturday, but other than that the rut seems nonexistent in my area at the moment.
2017/11/04 05:59:50
workcanwait....
4 lil bucks all 1.5 yr old yesterday chased in morning and evening around me.Miday they were in and out of bedding area with the largest staying there and butting heads with others when they came thru.
I have some rubs and more scrapes than ever on property.Big guys on cam at nite no daytime visits yet.I planted an acer of clover this year it has been hit hard last couple weeks but real hard tis week as most crops are down and no apples in my area.I am in 1B...WCW
2017/11/04 11:10:05
BeenThereDoneThat.
Couple pics from the field cam taken 10/31.  Not seeing anything that says "crazy season" has kicked into high gear.

No swollen neck and the tarsals appear white but check this dudes back.  See the next pic. been doing some sparing??

You be the judge

However, this is the guy I would love to get a clear picture of............ swollen neck and dark tarsals or just wishful thinking????  You be the judge.

Attachment(s)

2017/11/04 20:45:47
treesparrow
  At 10:30 today a smallish 8 pt chased a doe right by me and neither ever stopped. I was talking on the cellphone to my son and stupidly kept talking. I glanced in direction they came from and there is an 18" buck 20 yards out coming on same chase. I didn't have enough time to get my thoughts straight let alone my crossbow. It was over quickly, and reminded me of why my brother always turned off his phone when hunting. 
2017/11/04 21:02:44
Moses Guthrie
Off all week,Saw multiple bucks cruising Monday and Tuesday in 2D. Couple were older bucks, no shots. Didnt hunt in the rain Wednesday, but Thursday saw chasing and bucks crusing all day long, including a large 10 pt. Sat in a tree all day long Friday, only seen one small buck. Today it was on again between my buddy and I, we saw 13 bucks between us and I was only hunting till 930 when a 16 inch 8 pt made mistake of pushing a doe by me at 15 yds.
2017/11/04 21:23:57
BeenThereDoneThat.
Moses am I hearing a congratulations is in order?
2017/11/04 22:37:32
Moses Guthrie
BTDT, yep I was able to fill my buck tag. At the butcher shop I was the 17th buck of the day round 2 pm, also was a bear there killed this am as well.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account